Does anyone else record their stats?

I play strictly solo when I play survivor and I'm constantly trying to improve, so I record specific stats from each game I play so I can see where I'm doing well and what I need to put a little more focus into. Basically I want to be efficient as possible and my ultimate goal is to pip at the end of the match. I enjoy the grind of reaching rank 1 by rank reset so that's how I play.

An example of a stat that I record is whether DS would have come into play. In my personal experience DS would have only been useful 21% of the time so I don't run DS. I bring a perk that's more beneficial to both my goal and to help the team as much as possible.

I'm curious to know how many other people do this and what sort of stats you record if you do.

Comments

  • I run an excel spreadsheet for my killer games, but I don't go into such specific details, focusing on overall performance instead.

    It's just

    killer/map/N of kills/N of hatch escapes/N of key escapes/killer addons used/OOO in play or not;

    with a few cumulative graphs and piecharts.

  • I tracked my stats for my first ever 25 games of Spirit once to try and convince myself if she had a skill curve or not.

    Long story short only two of them weren't 3ks or 4ks.

    Otherwise, no, I don't really track my stats as I prefer hopping instantly into the next match.

  • I do! I started recording some stats a few months ago, although instead of my own performance I'm more interested in things like the killer choice and killer perks. The main problem is having to wait all the way to the end of the match when you die early. For now I'm taking a break with it, but it's fun to see the trends over time.

  • For killer i track winstreaks. So i can compare the killers. When i lose, i try to identify why i lost and change my playstyle accordingly.

    As survivor i track nothing. But i observe changes. I switched for example to ds when i got farmed too often. I came to the conclusion that ds does not trigger most of the time too. But with DS i elimate most of the matches where i get a depip without counterplay.

  • As killer? No, I play in the mornings or on lunch breaks, or to decompress after work, so I am not in the mood to do stuff that feels like work while I'm avoiding thinking about my actual job.

    As survivor? Hell no, I don't hop on survivor without at least 2 oz of 20 Grand Gold. My handwriting is terrible in that state.

    That's me though. For the OP it sounds like something good that makes sense to do, so don't see my own opinions here as attacks on that.

  • I did a while back

    @Alice_pbg said:

    Kinda like I did here

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87169/so-i-wrote-down-which-killers-i-faced-for-37-matches

    But more and better.

    On ps4, from rank 13 to rank 3. Total of 87 matches. Was expecting rank to reset today, (for some reason) and was gonna do a final push to 100... but now I can't. Oh well...

    First, which killers I faced and how many times

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/464/J2WQ6VTEXPGS.png

    And just like last time, no hag...

    Edit: doctor number is incorrect, it's supposed to be 4 matches

    But...a lot of spirit and demo(which makes sense)

    Because ranks were weird, heres a graph for the difference in rank between me and the killers

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/128/WI78LXRFH2JE.png

    The "-" made the numbers be in italic... but everything on the left of 0 is supposed to be negative, meaning the killer was higher ranked than me by that amount.

    Positive numbers mean I was higher ranked by that amount.

    And the hardest graph to see because of the amount of things, which perks the killers used?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/213/PTA482BXYV7J.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/712/1IYNW5XUF0RV.png

    Both versions here, choose your favorite. I think both are hard to see...

    Ruin is king, surprising no one... mostly thanks to spirit, since it was used 11 out of the 12 times I faced her

    But still 51 times out of 87 matches, 58.62% of the games, quite impressive.

    Now, what were the killers average kills?

    (Because sometimes I ######### up, the numbers aren't exact in some cases)

    Freddy- 2.83 kills per match

    Wraith- 3.25

    Trapper- 2.5

    Leatherface- 3

    Doctor- 1.75

    Hillbilly- 2.16

    Michael Myers- 3.44

    Legion- 1.33

    Huntress- 3.33

    Pig- 3 to 4 (######### up)

    Ghostface- 2.07 to 2.64 (######### up)

    Demogorgon- 2.41

    Nurse- 2.66

    Clown- 2.5

    Plague- 1.66

    Spirit- 2.66

    So, in certain numbers, it's Michael, but if pig got at least 2 kills in the 1 game I didn't write down the results, she's the queen.

    Legion being the bottom guy/gal (except for hag who doesn't exist, apparently)

    That's all I'm putting here, at least for now.

    But I am gonna say exactly what I wrote from each game (most of the time at least). So if you want any specifics, feel free to ask.

    My rank, perks, item and addons, if I survived, when I died(gens based), pip, if hatch was used or not(by me, mostly), how many bloodpoints I got in each category each game.

    The killer rank, perks, addons, kills, gens sucessfully protected, if noed(if used) activated, if mori was used and when.

    The Map, how many DC's( and against who)

    So..

    Thoughts?

    but it's not something I continued to do

  • I don't record my status. I think that just by playing I have general idea on what I'm lacking. I usually notice the mistakes I do in a chase while it's going on both as survivor and killer, how I positioned myself and why it was harmful to me. But there are things, many things, that it's more about practice and learning the maps or how to run tiles.

    About perks, I agree that DS wouldn't really come in play in many situations, as it hasn't actually when I brought it. But that's because of slugging and due to having an obsession in the game. And thanks to that I've been getting value out of Flip Flop, as example.

    I'd sure check my status if the game published it, but I think i get the general idea of my perfomance while I'm playing or by watching my recorded games (I usually record them or stream for my friends, if they can't play).