It's a really close one for me, but I'd prefer quicker matchmaking.
For me, when I play survivor in the evening, matchmaking can sometimes be 10+ minutes (I'm sure others will have experienced the same as well). Sure, the rank of the killer can be pretty much anywhere between rank 1 and rank 13, but at least we get a match. If matchmaking were to be much more skill-based (which could happen with MMR), then this would become even worse.
Don't get me wrong though, both are super important. Regardless of which one is prioritized, the other definitely shouldn't be ignored.
It's a really close one for me, but I'd prefer quicker matchmaking.
For me, when I play survivor in the evening, matchmaking can sometimes be 10+ minutes (I'm sure others will have experienced the same as well). Sure, the rank of the killer can be pretty much anywhere between rank 1 and rank 13, but at least we get a match. If matchmaking were to be much more skill-based (which could happen with MMR), then this would become even worse.
Don't get me wrong though, both are super important. Regardless of which one is prioritized, the other definitely shouldn't be ignored.
Funny thing is I thought of this poll after playing 3 games in a row against spirit / nurse mains after waiting for 10 mins while my team mates were yellow ranks. Same as you, it was during the night.
I really don't want to wait 6 minutes each time I want to play survivor for an 8-10 minute match on average. I would be willing to play with noobs if it means I can play the game faster.
I don't want lightning fast matchmaking if there literally is no matchmaking, and I don't want a pinpoint accuracy mmr system if it takes a year to find a match. They need to just do a combination of both, it can't be THAT hard, every other competitive game has done a better job than them.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's a really close one for me, but I'd prefer quicker matchmaking.
For me, when I play survivor in the evening, matchmaking can sometimes be 10+ minutes (I'm sure others will have experienced the same as well). Sure, the rank of the killer can be pretty much anywhere between rank 1 and rank 13, but at least we get a match. If matchmaking were to be much more skill-based (which could happen with MMR), then this would become even worse.
Don't get me wrong though, both are super important. Regardless of which one is prioritized, the other definitely shouldn't be ignored.
Funny thing is I thought of this poll after playing 3 games in a row against spirit / nurse mains after waiting for 10 mins while my team mates were yellow ranks. Same as you, it was during the night.
In the end wouldn't it be better to have a ranked game with a longer matchmaking and a non ranked game with a faster matchmaking?
Remove the ability to see each others ranks and let’s play..
I really don't want to wait 6 minutes each time I want to play survivor for an 8-10 minute match on average. I would be willing to play with noobs if it means I can play the game faster.
Quicker queue times is what everyone wants
I don't want lightning fast matchmaking if there literally is no matchmaking, and I don't want a pinpoint accuracy mmr system if it takes a year to find a match. They need to just do a combination of both, it can't be THAT hard, every other competitive game has done a better job than them.
I like that idea.
Killer main vs survivor main poll