We get Friday the 13th with ps plus
I thought that game was dead. Anyone played it?
I thought that game was dead. Anyone played it?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
But meh, free horror game ill still download and try it.
Too bad you can’t queue up as Jason, only set your preference.
It'll be interesting to see if anything changes with the screenwriter regaining rights of franchise.
Not much. He only won in regards to the original movie screenplay and its elements. That does not touch the hockey-mask killer, which appears in film #3 as the article points out.
Also, read the correction/addition at the end. Apparently Miller did not win rights to the title "Friday the 13th," either.
This might actually free-up the Friday the 13th game developers to continue making content for the game. I guess we'll see. I never played it, though. I'm happy here in DBD-land.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3524534/statement-regarding-friday-the-13th-court-ruling-franchise-producer-horror-inc/
But trust me, legal battles will continue as Victor, I am sure, goes after the hockey-masked "Jason" being derivative of the character/boy from his screenplay. Then he'll probably start a trademark ownership battle if he wins that one.
If he picks additional fights, then by the time it's over many years from now, he might have very well shot himself in the dick, because this isn't exactly the Golden Age of Slasher Horror anymore, and Jason being out of the production cycle too long will kill any financial power with the upcoming generation of movie-goers.
Cash grab ftw! If they had concentrated on bug/glitch fixes, and maybe adding some variety to the map, they would have had a pretty good game. Instead they focused on DLC and adding skins. Stupid way to develop a game if you care about its longevity, imo at least. I took one look at the gameplay (actually looked interesting), then read up a bit about it. Definitely not worth money on it.
i cant help but laugh at all the people who told me how F13 was gonna kill DbD and that it is way better.
WHICH GAMES DEAD NOW, HUH?
feels good.
What is interesting to me is that whether or not you like Friday the 13th will largely have to do with which game you played first. It was impossible for me to play the game without constantly comparing it to DBD. At the same time, while playing it I also couldn't help but think occasionally that this or that would be an interesting angle to bring into the DBD world.
For example, one of the coolest things about F13 is that there are numerous kill points around the maps that are unique to that specific location. In DBD terms, think of them as like a "map mori". Which got me to thinking how cool it would be for each map to have a specific "map mori". Once the killer has killed 3 of the survivors, if the killer could catch and drag the last survivor to that point on the map they could do a unique mori that gives bonus bloodpoints. I genuinely hope that they do something like this, but if they don't then if there is ever a sequel to DBD they have to do it then!
There are a couple of other things that I really like about F13. There is a substantial single player campaign which is quite fun. The other thing is that there are multiple paths to victory for survivors. It's not just work on gens, power exit gates, then run or alternatively power a couple gens, watch team die, then find hatch. There are a number of viable options to escape, up to and including, killing Jason.
With all that said, I also have a number of complaints about the game. I completely understand why they did it the way they did, but it does suck to have a random player be chosen as Jason in multiplayer. I also really dislike the way that Jason can teleport around the map. I get that the maps are large and it would be dumb for Jason to have to run around constantly, but I think he should only be able to teleport to specific points on the map. For Jason to use teleport as a combat trick is just absurd. I also find the whole chase sequences with players to be very poor in relation to what DBD provides.
stop having a meltdown kiddo
their simple refusal to allow people to choose which side to play cost them dearly. watch for a repeat of this process in the upcoming game titled last year
Hope dbd gets bots, too.
ew
only if bot mode is unranked and gives zero bp like kyf.
also ”try hard” is not only a ridiculous concept, but its what people say when they lose games, to try to minimize the other sides win. in reality, all they did was press some wasd and m1 in a different order than you in this 90% intelligence based game.
the devs will never add bots anyway, its not even on their radar. this is a pvp game.
Bots may not be as far off as you think considering the tutorial has, at the least, the ground work.
Don't bother trying to make excuses for swfs that do coordinated gen rushes, hyper efficient groups, and other madness that flies in the face of the spirit of the game.
It's not worth the headache of trying to vs them. The sooner i can do without them, and get points, and shards, the better. Rank doesn't concern me.
It's antisocial mmo/pvp. You're not supposed to be communicating with others, teaming up to defang killers, etc.
You're supposed to be 4 individuals, not a team.
That's not to say I don't believe swf is important. It is. It's not going anywhere. People will make it work.
People will communicate outside of game, too. No stopping it.
You know the old saying? Hell is other people.
I know it could be detrimental with people who vs cpu until they get a ton of perks, and stuff, then go out into the world.
That could be done away with via 2 versions of each character, one vs bots, one not vs bots.
Worried that it might turn online into a ghost town now that people won't have to lobby dodge 4 person swfs? Blame the swfs for squeezing too hard, and not giving a damn about killers having fun.
Yeah, there's bad stuff that could happen, but there's ways around it. Doesn't help much that i don't care, either.
HotS does it....and does it well. No need for separate characters. A lot of people use vs Bots to level a character and learn the.mechanics. And with the current rank system, it makes it even more efficient.
Why not have the option to level a character vs ai. Let's face it, even Blizzards best AI is nothing like playing against a coordinated team. Same is true for dbd.
I would love an AI option...on both sides. Give me the option to swf against an ai killer and kill a group of ai survivors. P!ease!!!
its rare i use absolutes like that, but it is what it is, and i dont have the time to type out a page explaining the details of the ai required to play dbd.
im a genius, if i were wrong, dont you think id know it?
Played it last night for the first time, game lasted about 15 mins, I managed to shoot Jason and knock him down, ran about 50 yards and he killed me. Started spectating and found out one of the survivors was working with him. Don't think I'll be playing again, the running/stumbling control is terrible.
Swf wasn't a ranked mode initially. The game was described as antisocial. 4 bots, or however many you needed to fill empty slots would pretty well serve the spirit of the game.
It's just how adept the ai is after that.
cute excuse
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3524534/statement-regarding-friday-the-13th-court-ruling-franchise-producer-horror-inc/
I tried it on Playstation but it takes too long to find matches. Also, the game is kind of boring. It has potential but the people look creepy as hell and it's hella buggy. I still play for kicks when I'm too stressed for DbD.
Haven't tried Friday 13th yet but the other freebie 'Laser League' is a lot of fun!