Console killer mains, headset questions
Firstly, do you notice that big a difference when using a headset versus not? I remember when Evolve was a thing, I’d watch a streamer on Xbox and he could literally hear a hunters jetpack boost from across the map and know exactly where they were. An amazing advantage. Now I’m not expecting something like that, but survivor footsteps, breathing, are they easier to pinpoint?
Secondly, and lastly, what are
some good ones? My budget is probably around $80-130 and I’d prefer something I can go and pick up at Walmart or GameStop/Best Buy.
I bought a cheap TB headset last year, didn’t notice much of anything but again, it was cheap, like $30.
Secondly, and lastly, what are
some good ones? My budget is probably around $80-130 and I’d prefer something I can go and pick up at Walmart or GameStop/Best Buy.
I bought a cheap TB headset last year, didn’t notice much of anything but again, it was cheap, like $30.
Comments
######### MISREAD, but i agree heartbeat is much easier to hear with a headset same with cries of pain from a survivor
Yes, huge difference.
I have the HyperX Cloud II and it's working great. It's USB powered, so it doesn't affect controller battery life and sound quality is not downgraded.
I use a RIG headset and it does effect my controllers battery but idc because i use a wired but it works SO well
its even vented too
I agree with the headsets. I tried without once and having it with surround sound makes life so much easier.
I never realized how much I had been missing by playing without.
The Cloud II has 7.1 surround but I don't use it, I think it works better without it. The little USB dongle acts as a DAC amplifier though and it's capable of high volume outputs. (DAC = Digital - analog converter)
I should mention that USB sound output is a feature exclusive to the PS4 (console-wise). Xbox One does not support USB sound output. Which console do you play on, @Well_Placed_HexTotem?
Sennheiser makes awesome headsets (German company).
You should be able to find one in your price range.
You can even buy a PC headset so long as you buy a really cheap adapter to go with it.
One advice, go for a wired headset... especially in that price range
For $100-$120 you can find a BEAST wireless headset. Better if you have PS4 because the bluetooth wireless tech is superior
The wireless stuff costs always more and you basically get no benefit from it. You are sitting at one position anyway, why does that wire bother you?
I only had one great wireless headphone so far, the one I am currently using and it was way above 200, but even that one I still use in wired mode 95% of the time
YOUR NAME IS A LIE AND YOU KNOW IT
I'm rocking Turtle Beach Elite 800s and I love them. It makes it seem like a whole new game. To be honest I only play with my headset simply because the sound is so much better.
I always use headset when play dbd
Logitech G633
Not only does a headset allow for better sound placement , but it also blocks out wife's voice.
No need to interrupt a chase to take out garbage if you can't hear the command!
(But wife gains bloodlust and later you might find a RBT around your neck.....worth it though if you get 4k)