Question for Killer Mains - Ruin vs Corrupt
How do you choose whether to run Ruin or Corrupt Intervention (if you run either perk at all, that is)? I've watched the same streamer run Corrupt one match then switch to Ruin the next without any apparent rhyme or reason.
I've found myself running Corrupt lately just because of the guaranteed benefit but Ruin really delivers if it lasts long enough in a match. Im just curious what rationale y'all use when deciding which is the better perk to run.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Well, since i love me some Devour Hope, i really don't want to encourage them early on to search for it, i guess i'd take CI.
Not that i'd actually ever take either...
i prefer pop over both of them.
if i run one of the two though, its going to be corrupt on setup killers such as Hag or Trapper.
When ever I do use these perks I bring them depending on the killer Im using
High mobility killers - Ruin
Killers with low starting pressure - Corrupt
I prefer Ruin on killers with good map mobility or snowball potential, Corrupt on killers without a decent bit of both. For example, I'd use Ruin on Oni, Nurse, Plague, Spirit, Legion (sounds wierd but they're a special case thanks to mending), The Twins, and Blight. It goes well with Undying, so it lasts longer, and Infectious Fright, because snowball.
Corrupt I'd use on killers like Pyramid Head, Deathslinger, Huntress, Ghostface, Trapper and Hag. It goes well with Pop for a mix of early/late pressure, or Surge on m1 killers to get automatic gen regression.
Personal preference I suppose, however:
Ruin is especially good on higher-mobility killers, since you can dash between gens quickly and make them regress, and
Corrupt is a bit more popular on set-up killers like Trapper and Hag, since they can prepare their traps without the first few gens flying quite so quick.
I always use Corrupt Intervention because,unlike Ruin,it gives me overall consistent value and doesn't disappear in the first 30 seconds of the game
When in doubt, run both.
Which ever perk u pick u can’t go wrong really there both really good tbh they both have there upsides and downsides but I personally try to run them both with pop aswell but it’s entirely up to u.
The only killer I use Ruin on is Ghost Face. And that's because I can protect it with Haunted Grounds, which has pretty good synergy with GF.
As for the rest of my killers, it's either PGTW or Corrupt Intervention (or both).
Corrupt actually has negative synergy with Hag. It pushes survivors into you while you're setting up your web, interrupting your setup phase. Hag works best with Ruin in my opinion.
I often run both. :)
They're both very boring perks and I'd not run either.
CI will force them inward and possibly to find your Ruin totem. Really only value is CI at that point
I like CI as it guarantees time to set up. Nabbing at least 1-2 hooks during that time is key though.
Unless you get lucky, that is. One of my most recent trials was with Freddy on Blood Lodge and my Ruin spawned right next to a generator blocked by CI. Obviously this forced them inwards and away from the totem. I got quite lucky, and managed to get 3 hooks before the first gen was done.
Yes, there are countless other factors, such as matchmaking. However, this combo is really strong when it works.
Corrupt main value is not the slowdown, but the map control. Some killers need that extra push at the beginning of the match. The best examples are Hag and Trapper that need to drag survivors to the areas they control and need some prep while the survivors arrive.
Regarding regression perks, go with Surge if you're a slugging nurse, or Ruin/Pop depending on your playstyle.