LGBTQ Solution

This community is like on civil war right now! I personaly dont care about the in-depth backstories of any killer/survivor but I am very ok that people do care and enjoi it.

What I fear now is if the new chapter has not a LGBTQ character this will explode in one way but if the new chapter will have an LGBTQ character that is WAAAAAY to oppressive with this one character trait (like an usual Netflix character) this will explode the other way!

SOLUTION:

Devs! You give us story bits in those tomes, aren't you? Just make a random killer and/or survivor that is already in the game gay! This way people who despretly need it (for some reason) get it and people who fear that the game can drift in the wrong direction (agenda over gameplay) will have no worries because the character is already established.

In my opinion that is the perfect solution for the whole situation. And by the way Overwatch did also with Soldier 76 and noone cares.

Comments

  • @Irisora said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980457#Comment_1980457

    I don't think so. I believe the ones that are againts it are a minority. We are living in 2021, your argumentent could be valid maybe in the 80 but now? Not everyone is open minded of course but i think or i want to believe that we grew a little as human beings in the past few years. Although there is still a lot to do..

    And im not sure if it will attract more players to the game, but what im sure is that if the devs do it, it will talk good about them as a company that cares about it.

    There are currently only 29 countries that allow same-sex couples to marry. Sorry but the world needs 3021 to grow up.

  • @Pirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1980553#Comment_1980553

    WHY are you telling this ME? I am NOT AGAINST IT! I AM FOR IT!

    People play csgo where they play literally terrorists! Our society is willing to accept violence over sexual orientation! Just look at USA with their crazy weapon laws!

    You make an excellent point. I withdraw my comment.

  • To be honest? Anyone who is so scandalised by a LGBT character in DBD is probably someone that doesn't play DBD to begin with. Unless the character is someone who blatantly looks outside the conservative idea of the norm-- like someone in drag-- they won't even know unless they're someone who even bothers reading the little text blurbs about the character. It isn't like they speak, have interactions, or that their lore has ANY impact whatsoever in the gameplay.

    Nobody is going to care. Looking at the forums, the biggest complaints so far are only coming from LGBT people who are either pre-complaining that the character isn't going to be done right, or making constant new threads about how the "anti-LGBT/homophobic/complaints against a LGBT" character need to stop. Complaints that I'm honestly not seeing ANYWHERE since the entire front page of the General Discussions is JUST LGBT people posting these things, I don't see any threads being started saying "don't make an LGBT character, it offends me". It's only posts being offended by seemingly nothing, kind of like they WANT someone to be upset about it so they can make a civil war happen. There isn't a civil war really happening. Almost everyone posting is on the same side, making a war against an imaginary enemy that doesn't seem to be very present in the DBD community.

    I still don't get why we can't just let BHV actually release the character before we flood the forums with all these assumptions and look kind of embarrassing as hell to the Devs.

1 2 ›