Clown concept to help give him map pressure

The thing with clown, is that even with his meh buff, it really wasn't what he truly needed. I don't really think it is in my place to say this, but I feel that his tonic and antidote could use a few tweaks. His 1v1 is still relatively weak because survivors can easily just go to another tile if they are in the middle of the map when he starts to use the antidote and tonic at the same time. I am making this because I am having fun playing as clown.

But what I thought of is something that could give him more pressure just in general.

The concept is about survivors suffering from different levels of intoxicated over time after being exposed to his tonic more frequently throughout the trial. And of course, being exposed to the antidote can cure all of them so it will reward the clown player for being smart and never letting the survivors get to it.

By afflictions I mean maybe something such as 5% hindered somewhat blurred vision, or maybe even violent coughing every 15 seconds or so.

When you think about expanding upon the tonic, there are suddenly a lot more possibilities you can do with just a bottle of toxic gas. I'm surprised the devs didn't think of that over the months they had to think of a rework for Clown *Cough

For example, you could hit a survivor once with a tonic and bam, the dweet suddenly has blurred vision when looking far away meaning it is harder for him to keep his eye on you (similar to the Wraith being blurry when invisible), so it starts off small. Then, you injure him and hit him with the tonic, ok well now he has blurred vision and is 5% slower permanently (until he is cured somehow, this needs more thought to it).

Now, this is a bit of a stretch. What if this all worked on different levels of a special effect? Lets call it intoxicated, heavily intoxicated, and finally suffocating or some other word that deals with impaired breathing for now.

In level one or intoxicated of this (achieved by a survivor being stuck in the afterpiece tonic gas for 3 seconds). The afflicted survivor will suffer from impaired vision like when he is stuck in the tonic, but permanent and less strong. It would make it harder to see further than 24 meters (maybe even mess with aura reading perks).

In level two or heavily intoxicated (achieved by touching a survivor being hit by being stuck in the afterpiece tonic gas for about 3-5 seconds after being in intoxicated), the survivor suffers from a permanent 5% hindered effect, the blurred vision from the first level, and will coughing violently for about 5 seconds after running.

Finally, in level 3 or suffocating (achieved by a survivor being stuck in gas from the afterpiece tonic for about 3 seconds after already being heavily intoxicated), the survivor will have all of the previous effects but every 30-45 seconds they start to suffocate and have to perform some sort of action to recover (about 12 seconds maybe? Like mending). During this action, their blurred vision should be increased to be more intense and made to be really hard to see past 16-18 meters. The survivor will maybe crouch down and cough while trying to catch their breath. Being hit while in this state will instantly down the survivor so it would force the survivor to stop whatever they are doing or else. (can totally be changed if it is a bit too powerful or be done with an addon).

So that is my idea, but is it abusable, too strong, not strong enough? I am unsure. I think it would give him some slowdown and better tracking of survivors. To me, it still seems a bit weak though for intoxicated and heavily intoxicated, but it is still something.

But you may be thinking about if the clown player can spam tonic bottles. I don't think this will be much of a problem because he only has 4 at base and even with 6 or even seven he will just be spamming it at only one survivor. The point of this is to be good at spreading out pressure and becoming stronger over the course of the trial and if he focuses too much on one survivor, he will lose everyone else in the process.

And what about the antidote bottles? The clown would be punished because the survivor would go back to intoxicated or heavily intoxicated, just one level down. But he could relatively easily get them back, and it wouldn't be too punishing.

It would also make the addons that increase the spread of the gas better because it would make it easier to get survivors more intoxicated.

I think it is a good start, but not a final idea. I will be glad to expand on this idea more if I have some help from other people. I put a lot of thought into this (more than the devs *cough), what are your thoughts?

Note: People seem to have gotten sidetracked from the post, we are already aware of the clown's underwhelming changes. Try to stay on topic.

@TheClownIsKing thoughts? No one seemed to talk about the actual post, and I know you like clown so you wanna join in on this?

Comments

  • Give blight gas and let clown roll around in ball

  • He’s really not that bad, he used to be one of my favorite killers before the rework since with good map/loop knowledge it was easy to herd survivors into the add-on pumped gas.

    Now it’s a bit harder since you have to mix and match the bottles due to the purple bottle detonation delay making his slowdown weaker but I still find his anti loop more formidable than half of the killer roster.

  • @SilentPill said:

    He’s really not that bad, he used to be one of my favorite killers before the rework since with good map/loop knowledge it was easy to herd survivors into the add-on pumped gas.

    Now it’s a bit harder since you have to mix and match the bottles due to the purple bottle detonation delay making his slowdown weaker but I still find his anti loop more formidable than half of the killer roster.

    In my opinion even though I'm a clown fanboy. I've played all the anti loop based killers quite a bit, but I still think his anti loop is possibly even stronger than doctors because of the fact you can take control of a good pallet without much of an issue. The problem with doc is that he still has that delay, and people put doc way higher than clown, and I have no idea why. I find doc way easier to loop than clown.

  • @GodLikeTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977662#Comment_1977662

    In my opinion even though I'm a clown fanboy. I've played all the anti loop based killers quite a bit, but I still think his anti loop is possibly even stronger than doctors because of the fact you can take control of a good pallet without much of an issue. The problem with doc is that he still has that delay, and people put doc way higher than clown, and I have no idea why. I find doc way easier to loop than clown.

    As it should be. Doctor has more to him than just anti loop. Clown is just antiloop with a limited number of bottles unlike doctor who can shock continuously. The question is whether if clown's anti loop makes up for his lack of other abilities that doctor has

  • @GodLikeTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977662#Comment_1977662

    In my opinion even though I'm a clown fanboy. I've played all the anti loop based killers quite a bit, but I still think his anti loop is possibly even stronger than doctors because of the fact you can take control of a good pallet without much of an issue. The problem with doc is that he still has that delay, and people put doc way higher than clown, and I have no idea why. I find doc way easier to loop than clown.

    Well you don’t play discipline + range doctor then. That makes his anti loop significantly better and easier to execute than clown.

    You see these tryhard doctors using the iri addons when they don’t realize his best anti loop addons are discipline. Range lets you deny everything from further away. Double discipline is outrageous.

    Clown needs a fair amount of setup time at any loop. He needs to smash yellow gas on himself then purple gas the side the survivor is one. Doc just needs to shock as they run towards the pallet.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977673#Comment_1977673

    Well you don’t play discipline + range doctor then. That makes his anti loop significantly better and easier to execute than clown.

    You see these tryhard doctors using the iri addons when they don’t realize his best anti loop addons are discipline. Range lets you deny everything from further away. Double discipline is outrageous.

    Clown needs a fair amount of setup time at any loop. He needs to smash yellow gas on himself then purple gas the side the survivor is one. Doc just needs to shock as they run towards the pallet.

    I think that his discipline addons are his second-best addons after the iri king though. They are definitely strong, but the iri king gives a lot of utility.

  • @Yords said:

    The thing with clown, is that even with his meh buff, it really wasn't what he truly needed. I don't really think it is in my place to say this, but I feel that his tonic and antidote could use a few tweaks. His 1v1 is still relatively weak because survivors can easily just go to another tile if they are in the middle of the map when he starts to use the antidote and tonic at the same time. I am making this because I am having fun playing as clown.

    But what I thought of is something that could give him more pressure just in general.

    The concept is about survivors suffering from different levels of intoxicated over time after being exposed to his tonic more frequently throughout the trial. And of course, being exposed to the antidote can cure all of them so it will reward the clown player for being smart and never letting the survivors get to it.

    By afflictions I mean maybe something such as 5% hindered somewhat blurred vision, or maybe even violent coughing every 15 seconds or so.

    When you think about expanding upon the tonic, there are suddenly a lot more possibilities you can do with just a bottle of toxic gas. I'm surprised the devs didn't think of that over the months they had to think of a rework for Clown *Cough

    For example, you could hit a survivor once with a tonic and bam, the dweet suddenly has blurred vision when looking far away meaning it is harder for him to keep his eye on you (similar to the Wraith being blurry when invisible), so it starts off small. Then, you injure him and hit him with the tonic, ok well now he has blurred vision and is 5% slower permanently (until he is cured somehow, this needs more thought to it).

    Now, this is a bit of a stretch. What if this all worked on different levels of a special effect? Lets call it intoxicated, heavily intoxicated, and finally suffocating or some other word that deals with impaired breathing for now.

    In level one or intoxicated of this (achieved by a survivor being stuck in the afterpiece tonic gas for 3 seconds). The afflicted survivor will suffer from impaired vision like when he is stuck in the tonic, but permanent and less strong. It would make it harder to see further than 24 meters (maybe even mess with aura reading perks).

    In level two or heavily intoxicated (achieved by touching a survivor being hit by being stuck in the afterpiece tonic gas for about 3-5 seconds after being in intoxicated), the survivor suffers from a permanent 5% hindered effect, the blurred vision from the first level, and will coughing violently for about 5 seconds after running.

    Finally, in level 3 or suffocating (achieved by a survivor being stuck in gas from the afterpiece tonic for about 3 seconds after already being heavily intoxicated), the survivor will have all of the previous effects but every 30-45 seconds they start to suffocate and have to perform some sort of action to recover (about 12 seconds maybe? Like mending). During this action, their blurred vision should be increased to be more intense and made to be really hard to see past 16-18 meters. The survivor will maybe crouch down and cough while trying to catch their breath. Being hit while in this state will instantly down the survivor so it would force the survivor to stop whatever they are doing or else. (can totally be changed if it is a bit too powerful or be done with an addon).

    So that is my idea, but is it abusable, too strong, not strong enough? I am unsure. I think it would give him some slowdown and better tracking of survivors. To me, it still seems a bit weak though for intoxicated and heavily intoxicated, but it is still something.

    But you may be thinking about if the clown player can spam tonic bottles. I don't think this will be much of a problem because he only has 4 at base and even with 6 or even seven he will just be spamming it at only one survivor. The point of this is to be good at spreading out pressure and becoming stronger over the course of the trial and if he focuses too much on one survivor, he will lose everyone else in the process.

    And what about the antidote bottles? The clown would be punished because the survivor would go back to intoxicated or heavily intoxicated, just one level down. But he could relatively easily get them back, and it wouldn't be too punishing.

    It would also make the addons that increase the spread of the gas better because it would make it easier to get survivors more intoxicated.

    I think it is a good start, but not a final idea. I will be glad to expand on this idea more if I have some help from other people. I put a lot of thought into this (more than the devs *cough), what are your thoughts?

    No offense but clown does not need another buff dunno what ranks you're paying at maybe in higher ranks yes but right now at rank 10 he's all I'm seeing and that damn song and his cosmetic for a squidward nose is driving me insane every match the same thing get chased start coughing hook get down get chased start coughing hook I swear if they added a perk to punch a killer once per match with no skill check it would be clowns with the creepy doll look every time that gets it.

  • @SilentPill said:

    He’s really not that bad, he used to be one of my favorite killers before the rework since with good map/loop knowledge it was easy to herd survivors into the add-on pumped gas.

    Now it’s a bit harder since you have to mix and match the bottles due to the purple bottle detonation delay making his slowdown weaker but I still find his anti loop more formidable than half of the killer roster.

    I disagree, even with great skill with his bottles are still relatively weak. And that is literally all he has, with zero map pressure.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977673#Comment_1977673

    Well you don’t play discipline + range doctor then. That makes his anti loop significantly better and easier to execute than clown.

    You see these tryhard doctors using the iri addons when they don’t realize his best anti loop addons are discipline. Range lets you deny everything from further away. Double discipline is outrageous.

    Clown needs a fair amount of setup time at any loop. He needs to smash yellow gas on himself then purple gas the side the survivor is one. Doc just needs to shock as they run towards the pallet.

    I know those addons are good, but the problem is, is that the slowdown that occurs when he's shocking at stronger loops it feels like you have to break the pallet or you waste more time than you chasing around it. Clown doesn't have that slowdown. Most loops can be handled with the tonic alone, and don't need the antidote for most. Usually the antidote is best for holding w in between loops.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977690#Comment_1977690

    I think that his discipline addons are his second-best addons after the iri king though. They are definitely strong, but the iri king gives a lot of utility.

    I don’t think utility matters. Anti loop is the real king.

    Good survivors are not scared of the killer. I’m certainly not scared of the killer as survivor. On plenty of maps I’d like a chase if anything. Any fear is negated by spine chill. The most DBD has to offer is jump scares(also negated by spine chill).

    A fake terror radius won’t matter. Fake pallets don’t matter because the game is over in 5-6 minutes. The doctor showing you where to go doesn’t matter because you already have static blast. Losing the red stain is already done by discipline.

  • @Zeus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977673#Comment_1977673

    As it should be. Doctor has more to him than just anti loop. Clown is just antiloop with a limited number of bottles unlike doctor who can shock continuously. The question is whether if clown's anti loop makes up for his lack of other abilities that doctor has

    Doctor is good for stalling, and his anti loop is good, but I can't say it's better than clowns though. Doc does have more to him with the ability to find people, and stall the game with madness t3. Clown doesn't have that, but if I were to put them in comparison clowns antiloop is more than likely stronger than doc's

  • @GodLikeTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977686#Comment_1977686

    Doctor is good for stalling, and his anti loop is good, but I can't say it's better than clowns though. Doc does have more to him with the ability to find people, and stall the game with madness t3. Clown doesn't have that, but if I were to put them in comparison clowns antiloop is more than likely stronger than doc's

    Clowns antiloop runs out and it’s buggy. Survivors still scream and run straight through the gas like pre-patch.

    There is an added detonation delay on the bottles and the gas expands more slowly than pre “buff” clown.

    His expanded gas area addons have been gutted. You basically have to screw around combining gas types to get his to the same level as pre patch clown.

    Gas physics have been nerfed. Loops that would normally have been neutralized with 1 bottle can be screwed up with a bad throw since gas doesn’t react to gravity as much, and can linger above the loop instead of covering it.

    Overall it was a nerf. He was better before the rework.

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/230665/clown-concept-to-help-give-him-map-pressure

    No offense but clown does not need another buff dunno what ranks you're paying at maybe in higher ranks yes but right now at rank 10 he's all I'm seeing and that damn song and his cosmetic for a squidward nose is driving me insane every match the same thing get chased start coughing hook get down get chased start coughing hook I swear if they added a perk to punch a killer once per match with no skill check it would be clowns with the creepy doll look every time that gets it.

    I heavily disagree, clowns buff was very underwhelming (it wasn't bad), but not that great. He is still a pretty garbage killer because he has no map pressure and a weak 1v1 power.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977692#Comment_1977692

    I don’t think utility matters. Anti loop is the real king.

    Good survivors are not scared of the killer. I’m certainly not scared of the killer as survivor. On plenty of maps I’d like a chase if anything. Any fear is negated by spine chill. The most DBD has to offer is jump scares(also negated by spine chill).

    A fake terror radius won’t matter. Fake pallets don’t matter because the game is over in 5-6 minutes. The doctor showing you where to go doesn’t matter because you already have static blast. Losing the red stain is already done by discipline.

    Maybe, but remember that this discussion was for clown lol

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977701#Comment_1977701

    Clowns antiloop runs out and it’s buggy. Survivors still scream and run straight through the gas like pre-patch.

    There is an added detonation delay on o the bottles and the gas expands more slowly than pre “buff” clown.

    His expanded has area addons have been gutted. You basically have to screw around combining gas types to get his to the same level as pre patch clown.

    Gas physics have been nerfed. Loops that would normally have been neutralized with 1 bottle can be screwed up with a bad throw since gas doesn’t react to gravity as much, and can linger above the loop instead of covering it.

    Overall it was a nerf. He was better before the rework.

    I figured out after playing him for a while the scream happens due to the gas just skimming them. So they need to be in at least a certain ring of the gas for it to work. We did talk about the detonation delay before, and I agree it's a serious problem with him right now. I think that these problems are bugs and not intended.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977701#Comment_1977701

    Clowns antiloop runs out and it’s buggy. Survivors still scream and run straight through the gas like pre-patch.

    There is an added detonation delay on o the bottles and the gas expands more slowly than pre “buff” clown.

    His expanded has area addons have been gutted. You basically have to screw around combining gas types to get his to the same level as pre patch clown.

    Gas physics have been nerfed. Loops that would normally have been neutralized with 1 bottle can be screwed up with a bad throw since gas doesn’t react to gravity as much, and can linger above the loop instead of covering it.

    Overall it was a nerf. He was better before the rework.

    I disagree, it was a slight buff. The reload is shorter, and there are a lot of places you can use to get hits with the antidote.