Are any killer perks truly Overpowered?

Do any current killer perks truly scream overpowered? To me genuinely no. BBQ has 4 non perk counters it's bad if you can't do one of them. PGTW got nerfed to where no longer could any killer get across the map and pop one. Ruin was changed. Undying got nerfed. NOED I've found it more a nuisance since the longer I've played you learn totem spawns but it's style is like Freddy dull so it can get changed. Sloppy can be countered if you're a good looper. And Medkits. Whispers isn't a pinpoint thing. So do any killer perks truly scream overpowered? And we can't say one perk is OP because it excels on one character. Stridor, Iron Maiden, and Distressing for example.

Comments

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1978218#Comment_1978218

    They changed that to buff killers, because I am certain when they changed auras a while back you can't hide.

    No you can still hide behind them. I've lost track of the Bubbas I've lost by simply crouching behind a gen

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977120#Comment_1977120

    I'm going to try and not start the NOED debate again with this. It's entitled to say ANY perk for EITHER side is overpowered or close to overpowered. There's no argument about it. NOED, if a killer is doing poorly you can't argue that you had time to 5 gens in 5 minutes but you didn't have time to do 5 totems and 5 gens in 8 minutes per se. Also, if a killer is really good they probably don't have NOED so it's a waste of time unless you have Inner Strength. NOED is not overpowered. Survivors are lazy.

    NOTE: I'm not saying you specifically but people who try to push the argument that NOED is overpowered are lazy. You just answered the question. I'm just giving my two sense on why I think it is not overpowered or close.

    Only Noobs and mid tier survivors are scared of NOED.

  • Nah, I don't think any one perk is OP on either side.

    I know on Killer side, there are a lot of players who complain that DS is OP, and sure, it's powerful and can be weaponized, but I think it requires a lot more then a team all equipping DS for a killer to not be able to beat them. (Plus, I personally think DS is a necessary evil, even the nerfed version... can't tell you how many times I'll play Solo/Duo, killer can't get a down because he's getting outplayed, gens pop too fast since it's pretty much impossible to spread pressure without downs, and their first down will get tunneled out of the game because they panic with there being 2 or 3 gens done. An obsession being in the game helps negate that.)

    But I do think there are some perk combos that are strong. I wouldn't say OP, because none of them give you a free win, but strong and make the game super easy if you know what you're doing.

    -DS+Unbreakable

    (The obvious one, but it does grant great protection for Survivors. Wouldn't call it an easy win though, since it's super easy to waste and still get screwed from.)

    -Undying+Devour

    (Super great combo. Falls most often to coordinated teams.)

  • Once DS and OoO get their coming nerfs, I don't think any perks will be 'overpowered'. Then again, I don't think OoO was 'overpowered' as much as it was 'unfun to play against'. Of all killer perks, NoED fits in that category.

    If anything, many perks are underpowered. This goes for survivor and killer. I look at perks, and think to myself: "Why would I ever use that?"

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1977825#Comment_1977825

    Oh boy. Please, look at this game.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q-dgkpWUm4

    That’s honestly a typical example of a full red ranked game. It last 4-5 minutes total. People complaining about tunneling when DS exists are just baddies.

    Git gud, or put on crutch strike. Those are your options. Prove me wrong.

    i have 2k+ hours in the game, solo q, always red rank, that is NOT a typical survivor red rank game lmao.

1 2 ›