Devs, why is the bar not lighting up whenever survivor is being picked up?

Why did you change that since new HUD? was it to powerful for survivors to see whenever the killer would pick someone up?

It was a really well made change to the solo queue but they revert that for some reason but nobody is talking about it so i want to be given an answer from mod/dev.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I'm not actually sure of the reason for this, whether it was an oversight or not - I will have a look into it and see.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm not actually sure of the reason for this, whether it was an oversight or not - I will have a look into it and see.

    Please and thank you!!! It hurts solo so much.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm not actually sure of the reason for this, whether it was an oversight or not - I will have a look into it and see.

    Thank you Mandy. It was also important in solo q for when a downed teammate was being healed by another teammate.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Even as a SWF we never say "The Killer picked me up". It's pretty damn obvious with the Aura disappearing.

    Now, I didn't realize that the bar blinking when a Survivor is being healed by another Survivor was a thing, and that could be improved upon visually with a Hunched over Icon rather than such a miniscule detail.

    It was mostly important because you could see if someone was healing person on the ground and know to not go to him and waste time in a game. I have also vision problems and can't really pick up small objects on the screen so if the person on the ground would be really far away, wouldn't see his aura.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Even as a SWF we never say "The Killer picked me up". It's pretty damn obvious with the Aura disappearing.

    Now, I didn't realize that the bar blinking when a Survivor is being healed by another Survivor was a thing, and that could be improved upon visually with a Hunched over Icon rather than such a miniscule detail.

    If I know the killer has BBQ & they down someone, I usually scrambled to a nearby locker & relied on the blinking bar to know when they've gotten picked up (prevents myself from getting AFK birds).

  • @FastestVirginia said:

    Why did you change that since new HUD? was it to powerful for survivors to see whenever the killer would pick someone up?

    It was a really well made change to the solo queue but they revert that for some reason but nobody is talking about it so i want to be given an answer from mod/dev.

    This is actually a nerf to killers.

    Killers are way more disadvantaged by it because if you are slugging this removes a lot of the info you need when doing a slug strategy.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/230211/devs-why-is-the-bar-not-lighting-up-whenever-survivor-is-being-picked-up

    This is actually a nerf to killers.

    Killers are way more disadvantaged by it because if you are slugging this removes a lot of the info you need when doing a slug strategy.

    i made a comment about this feature somewhere else and the amount of survivor players with lots of hours into the game who did not know this information was shocking. it's not that big of a "nerf" (i would not even call it a nerf that's just silly) and it helps solo players a lot which you should WANT if you're a killer player. the more they help solo, the more they can balance with SWF in mind.

  • @FastestVirginia I have it listed as a bug - thank you.

  • @Mandy said:

    @FastestVirginia I have it listed as a bug - thank you.

    Thank you very much! That's really helpful.