Let's talk about the twins

Is there some sort of boost on them or something? I just had a game with them and Charlotte felt uncomfortably fast and victor was one hit downing without a struggle and I was just wondering if there's some sort of add-on or perk that makes it so?

Comments

  • @AbstractSaucing said:

    Is there some sort of boost on them or something? I just had a game with them and Charlotte felt uncomfortably fast and victor was one hit downing without a struggle and I was just wondering if there's some sort of add-on or perk that makes it so?

    Could be Devour Hope. After certain stacks, killer gains haste status after 2 tokens and then survivors are exposed at 3 tokens. At 5 tokens, killer can kill any survivor. There are add ons to boosts Victor speed, but not Charlotte's. The only way to boost hers is through a hex totem.

    DH is gaining more popularity with Undying change. I just unlocked it from Hag so I'm working on a few fun sets with it.

  • @Patrick1088 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229299/lets-talk-about-the-twins

    Could be Devour Hope. After certain stacks, killer gains haste status after 2 tokens and then survivors are exposed at 3 tokens. At 5 tokens, killer can kill any survivor. There are add ons to boosts Victor speed, but not Charlotte's. The only way to boost hers is through a hex totem.

    DH is gaining more popularity with Undying change. I just unlocked it from Hag so I'm working on a few fun sets with it.

    Play with your food would also be something which makes Charlotte faster. I dont know if she would lose Stacks if Victor is used tho, since he ignores Perks. (Was thinking about using PWYF because I dont know what to run on Twins and so Charlotte would be a little bit faster)

    Regarding Victor, Devour Hope does not work with Killer Powers, so he cannot oneshot with it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1962953#Comment_1962953

    PWYF is absolute garbage on the twins. You might as well use insidious instead.

    You want to know what to use? I recommend Ruin Undying on every single build, even non-hex builds.

    Nah, I am quite confident about my size, I dont need Ruin/Undying.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1962960#Comment_1962960

    Wow, people still hate on undying even after the nerf?

    Fine, use monstrous shrine, spies from the shadows, unrelenting, and hoarder, because people really care about your size.

    Nah, I just said that I dont need it. I am good enough to win without it, but thank you for the suggestion. :)

  • @AbstractSaucing said:

    Is there some sort of boost on them or something? I just had a game with them and Charlotte felt uncomfortably fast and victor was one hit downing without a struggle and I was just wondering if there's some sort of add-on or perk that makes it so?

    There is no one hit down for Victor at all - if you are healthy you get latched even if exposed. If anything Charlotte is slow unless she has a haste effect from devour which is pretty brief.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1962977#Comment_1962977

    Seems like you are too confident. I thought I could win with the standard pop corrupt until i played against good teams on a ######### map. But I could never for a second doubt how good you are at the game. Good luck.

    You can win without it but red rank teams you will take to 1 Gen every time.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1962977#Comment_1962977

    Seems like you are too confident. I thought I could win with the standard pop corrupt until i played against good teams on a ######### map. But I could never for a second doubt how good you are at the game. Good luck.

    I consider myself somewhat of a Twins main.

    If you're playing against genuinely good survivors on a bad map, Ruin/Undying will not save you. Chances are your perk combo will be gone very quickly.

    That's why I recommend running perks that cannot be deactivated by survivors. Sloppy and Deerstalker are great perks for keeping up the slugging pressure.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963157#Comment_1963157

    True. It is inevitable that your ruin undying will get cleansed eventually, and pretty fast if you can't get victor to defend. Especially after the nerf. But I can at least keep it for early game while I slug and get injuries which just HAS to buy enough time for later, and i bring pop for backup as well. Sloppy butcher is extermely good on twins as well for this resaon. Regardless, Ruin is just so good on twins because they can capitalize on the passive regression so well with incap status effect and slugging.

    What do you do when all that early game pressure is gone and the survivors have recovered?

    With BBQ, Sloppy, and Deerstalker I have the potential to keep the pressure up all match.

  • Twins are definitely one of the weaker killers, that being said, victor is definitely taller than blight so you can low-key exclusively be victor and it's fun af. Especially if you constantly cough and say golem

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963203#Comment_1963203

    Like I said, Pop goes the weasel.

    And don't let them recover. I've had instances where i had to stand over a slugged survivor for 2 minutes as their injured teammates did gens, because I could not do anything else. These matches were won because i could juggle them off generators early game which led to only 2 being completed by first death, all due to ruin and undying. Eventually they collapsed. it's like a domino effect.

    Personally I wouldn't use barbecue and deerstalker because they don't provide actual slow-down, and if you are caught between a rock and a hard place in which you can't keep up with the survivors, they'll fail you.

    You and I obviously play the Twins a lot differently.

    I try and slug everyone with Victor. Sloppy helps keep people injured and Deerstalker allows me to track all the survivors I've slugged.

    BBQ could probably be replaced with something like Thrilling Tremors or Infectious Fright, but I think it's a decent perk on the Twins (bonus bp is always a plus).

  • @crowbarman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229299/lets-talk-about-the-twins

    There is no one hit down for Victor at all - if you are healthy you get latched even if exposed. If anything Charlotte is slow unless she has a haste effect from devour which is pretty brief.

    He Was one hiting without latch and she was zooming, it was almost at a ridiculous speed and didn't seem like Devor

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963234#Comment_1963234

    WE definitely play differently, al ot differently, which is entirely fine, because nobody has figured out a perfect way to play the twins yet, and i think there will be a long long time before someone does/ Until then, to each their own.

    Slugging everyone as victor is universally a gREAT strategy, but personally I just can't consistently do it becaues survivors tend to split up quick and also some go into lockers, so i use victor as a land mine for one of the hex totems while I hit with sadistic butcher with charlotte around the map. After ruin undying is cleansed, i set up for a 3 gen and plant victor at one of the generators. I try to brign the survivors to victor and strictly stay in the 3 gen setup, and if it means slugging and cmaping, must be done.

    Slugging with Victor is the only way you're going to win against decent survivors. Obviously, this can be challenging to accomplish because survivors have different play styles.

    The key to success for the Twins is knowing when to slug as well as creating opportunities to slug. It's certainly tricky. I still have a lot to learn myself.

    But the one thing I'm fairly certain about is you have to slug with Victor. Otherwise, you won't stand a chance against good survivors. That's why I use the build I do. Because it allows me to keep up the slugging pressure all game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963335#Comment_1963335

    Agreed. Everyone knows u have to slug to win with twins. See, when you bring survivors to one place with victor, like inside a 3 generator, and slug them there, it works out. They come back to revive their mate, you camp the slugged survivor while also defending a generator, and snowball from there. This is why people place victor on hooks they're going to hook survivors on. It's all about spreading the injury and eventually hard snowballing. And I can see the point of your build for that reason.

    I don't usually park Victor next to a hooked survivor. I prefer leaving Charlotte near the hook and pressuring the rest of the map with Victor.

    That's why I like using BBQ. The aura reading tells me what my next move should be.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963340#Comment_1963340

    I like to park victor next to a survivor, especially if there's a hex totem or generator near the hook, because that lets me immediately down the unhooked survivor and waste even more time reviving the teammate, which also buys me time as charlotte to move back there or do something else. This is even more useful with sloppy butcher, when they still have the mangled debuff.

    Instead, i move around with charlotte, injure with sadistic butcher, kick gens with PGTW, etc.

    Your strategy is actually fragile, because if survivors grow a brain and start healing fast or going into lockers, you're going to be losing pressure fast.

    I pressure with Victor because Victor is the sibling with 150% movement speed. The only way you'll be able to reliably injure/down survivors is by attacking with Victor. Any extra hits I can score with Charlotte are an added bonus.

    One thing I will admit however is that my play style has very little room for error. Missing just one pounce can seriously hurt your momentum. That said, I still think it's the proper way to play Twins.

  • I wish Victor could look up higher with his pounce. It might feel fun to be able to actually go over things instead of just...straight.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I wish Victor could look up higher with his pounce. It might feel fun to be able to actually go over things instead of just...straight.

    Agreed. His pounce should be more like Demo's shred.

  • That's... weird. If Victor was one hit downing were the survivors already injured? If so then that's normal. Twins doesn't have an addon that allows Victor to one shot, but there is a pink addon that gives the Exposed effect to a survivor that crushes victor. I have a feeling that it's a hacker, sounds really suspicious.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963369#Comment_1963369

    but if they go into a locker, you can't slug them regardless of if they wre injured or healthy. If victor latches onto them, you're stuck as an m1 killer for 30 seconds. Sounds not much, but mathematically you should usually lose repeating this.

    This is why making a 3 gen setup and luring survivors to revive their hooked or slugged teamates is vital. You aren't reliably going to hit against decent survivors as charlotte in territory with pallrts and string loops, but when you bring them to your territory deprived of pallets, you have a much more potential for more sloppy butcher injuries and slugs with victor afterwards.

    I don't need to setup a 3 gen strat when I play Twins. I try and pressure with Victor as soon as I can. In my experience, survivors are either rushing gens or healing each other. With BBQ, I can prioritize who I go after.

    For me, the strongest aspect of the Twins is Victor's movement speed. That's why I use Victor as much as I can to pressure the map.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963417#Comment_1963417

    Also I experience the same thing, they either genrush or mass heal. It's been nice to talk to another twins main, and we just have different ways to play. I can't invalidate your playstyle. This is actually a good thing, for twins to have the potential to be played in various ways.

    And I won't invalidate your playstyle because I've honestly never tried it.

    I think we can both agree the Twins have a lot going for them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963428#Comment_1963428

    Yep. It cringes me to see some people say twins are trash or average because they are one of the hardest killers to learn imo. Not mechanically but strategically and it clearly shows.

    The twins are mechanically hard to play as well imo because landing pounces with Victor is not easy. At least for me :)