playing against Pig is not fun

Title says it all really. Pig is a strong character, perhaps too strong? Perhaps it's also just the whole bear trap mechanic making it feel more toxic. Pig sees you once, chances are, your fun time is done.

Comments

  • Pig is plain and simply not strong. Most players consider her an extremely average Killer.

    If you die to Reverse Bear Traps, you only have yourself to blame. UNLESS you're on one of the largest maps in the game, your Survivor team finishes a gen after you've been RBT-d, Pig is running Tampered Timer, your RNG is terrible, and the Pig deliberately tries to stop you using her Terror Radius' timer pause to your advantage by doing stuff like stealthing. ALL of those conditions need to be true for death to an RBT to genuinely be inevitable. (Or, if Pig is being really toxic and following you 24/7 while crouched, which is essentially just facecamping, not really a regular game scenario)

    Her only ability besides the RBTs is stealthing, which really isn't very strong. The audio tells she gives you when either about to lunge or standing up are fairly simple to hear and give you enough time to run.

  • @Lexilogo said:

    Pig is plain and simply not strong. Most players consider her an extremely average Killer.

    If you die to Reverse Bear Traps, you only have yourself to blame. UNLESS you're on one of the largest maps in the game, your Survivor team finishes a gen after you've been RBT-d, Pig is running Tampered Timer, your RNG is terrible, and the Pig deliberately tries to stop you using her Terror Radius' timer pause to your advantage by doing stuff like stealthing. ALL of those conditions need to be true for death to an RBT to genuinely be inevitable. (Or, if Pig is being really toxic and following you 24/7 while crouched, which is essentially just facecamping, not really a regular game scenario)

    Her only ability besides the RBTs is stealthing, which really isn't very strong. The audio tells she gives you when either about to lunge or standing up are fairly simple to hear and give you enough time to run.

    It's not always yourself to blame if you died because of Reversed Bear Trap.

    I don't know how much time I had to check every box, and the last box is exactly where the pig and another survivor are looping, you just CAN'T do anything. :/

    Reversed Bear Trap apart, yes, the pig is weak. In my head she's a worst version of Demogorgon (both are very good user of STBFL), but the alternative attack of the Demo is faster and can break Pallets, and Demo can travel maps relatively easily (he has anyway more mobility than the Pig, plus he got a little bit of stealth (that can be improved too)).

  • @DoomedMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1961074#Comment_1961074

    It's not always yourself to blame if you died because of Reversed Bear Trap.

    I don't know how much time I had to check every box, and the last box is exactly where the pig and another survivor are looping, you just CAN'T do anything. :/

    If Pig happens to be looping a Survivor around your last Box, that's terrible luck, but Pig's Terror Radius will put your RBT timer on hold, so you can watch from the sidelines without your timer running down until they move on or the chase ends otherwise.

  • Are you sure about that ? Being in the Pig's Terror Radius will put the RBT timer on hold ? Or it has changed, or you're wrong. The timer stops only and only if you're in chase with the Pig : dead by her hands or dead by RNG-RBT.

  • Playing as Pig isn't too fun either 

    😥

  • I mean folks can discuss and excuse all day long, the end result from a variety of views is that it isn't that fun of a killer to play against or apparently to play AS. My experience playing against has been overall quite negative. I'm happy to entertain the notion that others feel quite differently.

    I'd also entertain the notion that certain perceptions are going to vary greatly at different skill levels of player, as well as considering how many perks are available to a player at those ranks/skill levels.

    For a relatively new player, I think my statement is extremely true. Perhaps for more experienced players, perhaps like @Lexilogo for example, this isn't true. Perhaps for them, the games play out quite differently on average at their usual matchup or skill levels. I cannot be certain. And I see no reason to ague the matter.

    From my perspective the RBT in it's own way "takes the game hostage." It's not a fun mechanic, and rather than a feeling of fright, suspense, horror, or even competitive stress, being trapped mostly just annoys or even angers more than anything. I'm not alone in this sentiment, of this I am quite certain.

    I suggest this killer may need looked at, reworked. Perhaps then, the games would be more likely fun for a variety of players? That's all I really have to say or add to the conversation I feel, at least until I have had more experience in the game. Otherwise, I'd risk talking out my arse for the sake of a pointless argument with strangers, and I'm not about that life XD

  • Newer players have difficulty with Piggy because they haven't learned yet how to play around what she can & can't do, her limitations, or if the killer is playing her what I would call mean.

    The timer does not start until a gen pops, and pauses when in chase, within her terror radius, on a hook, or when slugged.

    Without add-ons you have two and a half minutes to search 4 boxes. Most mains of her like me swear survs get it in the first or second try, but it is really rng.

    If the gates are open the trap will kill if already active, but if inactive the gates are safe. You can also leave through the hatch even if the trap is active.

    Now if the killer is not nice they can follow you slowly while crouched and interfere with you searching the boxes, but this tactic should cost them the game, and imo is not how to play her efficiently. She is better served I think going after survs who do not have a trap.

    When it does take several searches it is a decent slowdown for her, but I go into a match knowing I prolly won't get a single kill from the trap going off. It just doesn't happen often, and the killer has to throw the match to ensure one does go off.

    Also booping the snoop might save you from certain doom.

    Might.