Perks that I should prioritize getting?

I just got back in the game and am trying to figure out what perks I should try to get first for both killers and survivors. I have most of the perks teachable that were good when Legion came out (self care, dead hard, Borrowed time, BBQ, nurses calling, and sloppy butcher to name some).


Which ones would be worth trying to get that came out after/any major bufgs that made older perks really good?


I eventually plan to get all the teachables for a survivor and a killer ideally

Comments

  • Corrupt intervention, pop goes the weasel for killer.

    Borrowed time, decisive strike for survivor.

    Those are all you need really. Anything else is gravy.

  • After Legion, the best perks are probably Corrupt (Plague, Amazing Perk), Infectious Fright (Plague, Amazing Perk), I'm all ears (Ghostface, Good Perk), Thrilling Tremors (Ghostface, Good Perk), Mindbreaker (Demogorgon, Good Perk) and Undying (Blight, Great Perk).

    As for survivors, I'd say the best perks are Head On (Jane, Good Perk), Fixated (Nancy, Good Perk), Inner Strength (Nancy, Great Perk), Soul Guard (Cheryl, Great Perk) and any of Elodies perks.

    Amazing perks are ones I'd prioritise, Great perks are perks that have uses on most killers and fit into most builds for survivor/killer, Good perks are perks that sometimes come in handy depending on the killer you're playing/facing and work well in certain builds.

  • Nemesis on some builds, undying, dragons grip, oppression, corrupt intervention. Tinkerer and survalliance got buffed, ruin got changed, dead hard doesn't work half the time due to servers, self care was nerfed. For survivors all Elodies perks, inner strength, head on, soul guard.

  • Yeah from what I've gathered Nancy has some good perks, plague, and Cheryl.


    Are hex builds still viable or no? I know undying just changed but don't entirely get how its useful

  • so am i right to assume that you got all the teachables up to Legion?


    then here's the list of Killer Perks i'd suggest you should focus on that released after the Darkness Among Us DLC:

    • Corrupt Intervention (Demise of the Faithful DLC - Plague)
    • Infectious Fright (Demise of the Faithful DLC - Plague)
    • I'm All Ears (Ghostface DLC - Ghostface)
    • Thrilling Tremours (Ghostface DLC - Ghostface)
    • Surge (Stranger Things DLC - Demogorgon)
    • Nemesis (Cursed Legacy DLC - Oni)
    • Hex: Retribution (Chains of Hate DLC - Deathslinger)

    not all of these are top tier meta perks, but they are generally speaking good perks that you can make decent builds with.

    all the other Killer Perks that released during this time are pretty underwhelming, sadly.


    and here are my suggestions for Survivor Perks:

    • Inner Strength (Stranger Things DLC - Nancy)
    • Soul Guard (Silent Hill DLC - Cheryl)
    • Desperate Measures (Descent Beyond DLC - Felix)
    • Build To Last (Descent Beyond DLC - Felix)
    • Appraisal (A Binding of Kin DLC - Elodie)

    once again, not all are meta tryhard perks, but i think they are good perks that can get some good usage of them in the right builds.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    so am i right to assume that you got all the teachables up to Legion?

    then here's the list of Killer Perks i'd suggest you should focus on that released after the Darkness Among Us DLC:

    • Corrupt Intervention (Demise of the Faithful DLC - Plague)
    • Infectious Fright (Demise of the Faithful DLC - Plague)
    • I'm All Ears (Ghostface DLC - Ghostface)
    • Thrilling Tremours (Ghostface DLC - Ghostface)
    • Surge (Stranger Things DLC - Demogorgon)
    • Nemesis (Cursed Legacy DLC - Oni)
    • Hex: Retribution (Chains of Hate DLC - Deathslinger)

    not all of these are top tier meta perks, but they are generally speaking good perks that you can make decent builds with.

    all the other Killer Perks that released during this time are pretty underwhelming, sadly.

    and here are my suggestions for Survivor Perks:

    • Inner Strength (Stranger Things DLC - Nancy)
    • Soul Guard (Silent Hill DLC - Cheryl)
    • Desperate Measures (Descent Beyond DLC - Felix)
    • Build To Last (Descent Beyond DLC - Felix)
    • Appraisal (A Binding of Kin DLC - Elodie)

    once again, not all are meta tryhard perks, but i think they are good perks that can get some good usage of them in the right builds.

    Thanks for the tips! And no I don't have all the teachables but most of the old meta ones at least. I have all of Dwight's, Jake's, meg, fengs, David's, bills, nea, and some random ones through shrines. Killers I have the majority of outside of pig, wraith, Legion, hag, and Freddy besides some odds and ends. All of this is before Legion though

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    After Legion, the best perks are probably Corrupt (Plague, Amazing Perk), Infectious Fright (Plague, Amazing Perk), I'm all ears (Ghostface, Good Perk), Thrilling Tremors (Ghostface, Good Perk), Mindbreaker (Demogorgon, Good Perk) and Undying (Blight, Great Perk).

    As for survivors, I'd say the best perks are Head On (Jane, Good Perk), Fixated (Nancy, Good Perk), Inner Strength (Nancy, Great Perk), Soul Guard (Cheryl, Great Perk) and any of Elodies perks.

    Amazing perks are ones I'd prioritise, Great perks are perks that have uses on most killers and fit into most builds for survivor/killer, Good perks are perks that sometimes come in handy depending on the killer you're playing/facing and work well in certain builds.

    It sounds like you want to add someone to the roster of plague players ngl

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959698#Comment_1959698

    It sounds like you want to add someone to the roster of plague players ngl

    Considering I run healing builds often, I'd rather not have another Plague main in the game tbh

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1960165#Comment_1960165

    Considering I run healing builds often, I'd rather not have another Plague main in the game tbh

    Lmaoo I had a match with two people that had dedicated healing builds and I was a plague! Felt great

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1959847#Comment_1959847

    Thanks for the tips! And no I don't have all the teachables but most of the old meta ones at least. I have all of Dwight's, Jake's, meg, fengs, David's, bills, nea, and some random ones through shrines. Killers I have the majority of outside of pig, wraith, Legion, hag, and Freddy besides some odds and ends. All of this is before Legion though

    Hag might not be worst idea as well since she's got ruins and devour hope!

    Let's not even start with the third seal which is the most meta perk of all times

  • Its worth remembering BBQ actually isn't an amazing perk on most killers, but its always decent and more importantly makes the grind a little less terrible. Its the only perk that you can recommend as a blanket to all killer but a few more have come out since that are really good

    For survivor DS, its getting a nerf that will make it stronger if you don't understand how to use it. Then you know Borrowed Time, Spinchill, Adrenaline, ect ect the survivor meta is still the same as when you left. The recommendations you're getting are just for fun. I mean it, deadass ignore the suggestions you're getting if you just want to win because these people are setting you up for failure lol, TWO people recommend Eldoies perks!

    The meta perks are just too strong to consider anything else seriously. Actually a lot of killer perks being recommended are...cute too. Matter fact i got you

    https://youtu.be/yHMlvOrIWYk https://youtu.be/_2G7SL3-8F0


    You dont need to watch them fully and get a degree im dbd but this will he a good reference. Also notice that despite that fact that there are mor survivors than killers the killer video is almost twice as long. Theres a reason for that