Why so many brown flashlight addons?
I've finally gotten to the point where I'm using all my items, offerings, etc, in preparation of prestiging a character. Nothing to comment on with the killers, so far, but as far as the survivors.. I kind of bought randomly for my first few characters, and even now, buying more selectively from the bloodweb....why are there so damn many brown addons for the flashlights? I have far more addons than I do flashlights themselves: especially since there isn't a brown flashlight.
Personally, I would either prefer that, A, they remove or reduce the number of brown flashlight addons in the bloodweb, or B, introduce a brown flashlight with the same rate of occurrence as the other brown items.
I would prefer the first situation, because flashlights, at least in my experience, are so damn rare that you don't even have enough flashlights to use all your rare and uncommon addons, let alone touch the common ones. I'm alright with an item being rarer than others, but it's frustrating when the cheap addons for them are so common. The second one would be an alright compromise, since it would at least give us a way to use up said common addons.
Comments
To give two examples, I've been levelling up Nea most recently. I have her at 32, and I've been exclusively buying items, offerings, and addons that I actually WANT (except what I'm forced to buy, of course, or what I get in the mystery boxes). I have a total of 4 flashlights. Two yellow, two green. I have a total of 9 addons for flashlights..... IF you ignore the brown ones. With the brown ones, I have 21 addons. The ratio of items to addons in the bloodweb is good, if the brown addons weren't in play.
Now, David King. I was levelling him prior to Nea. 41, and 4 flashlights. 3 yellow, 1 green. I have 8 addons of yellow or better quality. And again, 12 common addons. I mean, I don't generally complain about the bloodweb, I think it's done well in many regards, but this one in particular...is quite annoying. I mean, it's over 70K bloodpoints between two characters I won't even have the chance to use, unless I very specifically hunt for flashlights in chests, and bring them out.
Not exactly a grade A "absolutely must fix this now," but this is one of those smaller tweeks that would benefit players more than they would notice.
Yeah they should make Brown Flashlights but have them be trash unless you're using higher tier addons. The Brown would have say 2 seconds of use as a base stat.
To make it worthwhile you'd really need to use rare tier aka Green at a minimum to make it worthwhile.
Not according to the wiki. If there was, it was well before my time.
Actually, about 50% of the items you HAVE TO buy from the Bloodweb are garbage and they're never going to be used. For killers too: I think I have over 1K brown addons between my killers.
Them Smelly Inner Soles are piling up
If you're planning to prestige one of your survivors, just use all your items, use all your good addons and ignore the brown ones, as it would take ages to go through them with little benefit. You'll get a load of those again anyway, after you prestiged.
This is a slighty annoying feature of the leveling system for us cheap arseholes who don't want to spend a single BP on something worthless, but not a big deal if you think about it. Simply consider them steps leading to the real deal. Besides, as a survivor you don't even need addons or items to do well, so it's really not a biggie.
The only brown flashlights are the event ones like the Haunted aka Spooky Flashlight that's orange.
I have yet to figure out why I rarely use items and offerings in everyday play but, when it comes to prestiging, I can't help but make sure every last one (aside from the map offerings) is used up first.