New “blinded sound”

Why? I can see im blinded BECAUSE IM BLINDED

Comments

  • Yeah, I don't see much reason for the killer to be able to hear it, maybe for the visually impaired?

    As Survivor it's nice to know that the flashlight is starting to blind them though before the beam starts to narrow, helps save charges too if you don't hear the sound start

  • My guess is that it's actually for balance purposes as well as just style: the chase music is intentionally loud so that survivors can throw off the killer; now this helps them slip away while the killer is blinded.

  • No there is like a bing sound when you’re fully blinded. Throws me off

  • I hear the noise even when I run lightborn

  • You don't use your ears to see, you use your eyes. This is just another survivor buff for whatever reason.

  • No, it's purpose to not hear the Survivor at all after getting blinded. If the loud chase music wasn't enough, let's add another sound when blinded so that you cannot track Survivors at all, giving them even more escape chances.

  • I think it's a good feature for killer because you can identify if the survivor is re-blinding you. I can understand if it's annoying though otherwise.

  • I think it’s just a tell to inform the player (both the killer and the flashing survivor) that the killer has been properly blinded. “This is when the survivor is gonna be dropped.”

    Blindness has to reach a certain threshold before it ‘sticks’ for a while. If that hasn’t been reached, the blindess decays rapidly, whereas if it has been reached, the flashlight used determines for how long it stays. When it sticks, the que plays.