Do you think in-game voice chat could work?

Do you guys think that it would work for dbd? I have friends who say that they should add that to combat the SWF discrepancy but I think that's a really bad idea.

I'm more about the idea for adding more gestures or emotes instead of the basic 1 and 2.

Comments

  • When the game is dying yeah it'll work.

  • I think a pinging system similar to apex would work wonders for solo

  • I don't think voice chat would work. I don't want to spend 10 seconds arguing with some1 why I don't want to heal them right this instant only for them to start trolling me.

  • Comms increases the demand of the meta and game design to heavily feature it and work with it. Many perks for Survivors would need to be completely rethought in order to not be redundant, and many Killers would need to be buffed (some heavily) in order to be better balanced against the overwhelming intel they are now working against.

  • This will only create more toxicity & unbalanced gameplay.

    We don't need more SWFs & we sure as hell don't need some 9 year old screaming at you to heal them against a Legion.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I think a pinging system similar to apex would work wonders for solo

    That would be the best idea.

    In game voice chat could be funny sometimes but will be seriously annoying for the majority.

  • Nope, wouldn't work. It would kill the game. Too much toxicity. More gestures would be cool though

  • No, I think it would just be a direct avenue for unpoliceable toxicity and harassment.

  • The game isn’t designed around being in constant communication with your team. You’re supposed to be working with limited information, using your game sense and potentially your choice of perks to work out what’s going on or what to do next. SWF bypass the game’s inherent design/mechanics with discord but technically it’s cheating as they have far too much information at all times not to mention 20+ perks for free, and it’s not supposed to be like that, hence the game’s mechanics in the first place.

  • Voice chat no but voice lines seems good we will have to see for eleody tho I do like to hear

  • Nope nope nope no no no. Many players, myself included, have mentioned how many people would abuse the feature to verbally attack other players. It is one of the reasons so many people disliked F13th.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I think a pinging system similar to apex would work wonders for solo

    This. Or a SVF system ala Smite that let you send some voice lines about what you are doing to the rest of the team with a quite combo of keys.

  • Im pretty sure if the game had voice chat i would turn it off lol

  • @gendoss said:

    Do you guys think that it would work for dbd? I have friends who say that they should add that to combat the SWF discrepancy but I think that's a really bad idea.

    I'm more about the idea for adding more gestures or emotes instead of the basic 1 and 2.

    For solo q, I think there needs to be different ways to communicate long distance instead of voice chat. For example, when a surv is hooked ( maybe for x period of time) all survs see each other so they know who is going for the unhook, who's the closest, and can then decide to stay on a gen or not. I'm pretty much of the opinion that Kindred should be base kit for solo Q at this point.

  • Knowing BHVR they'd add voice chat and break 10 other things and spend the next 2 years trying to make it all work properly.