Who ever came up with this is making the game unenjoyable

This game is so unenjoyable right now.

Its bad enough with the worst update so far, but theres a big influx of killers using the tragedy of tunneling and camping their first hook to get rid of a player.

They either kill themselves on hook or die or disconnect.

As a solo player its basically a death sentence and gurantees 3-4k. It's like climbing up a hill for a survivor to possibly get out.

What gives people gratitude in tunneling someone to death and not letting them play for the sake of leveling up? I mean I see it a lot even with rank 1 killers.

Killers don't even feel out the match. They don't know how's its gona go. They just tunnel to death their first hook.

I got 3 in a row like this and thays why I came to vent on this forum. It's making this game un enjoyable. I undertand its tough for killers but they don't even feel out the match.

Whats up with this?

Comments

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1950632#Comment_1950632

    Look, I get what you are saying. But to pretend this code doesn't exist is nonsense. If it didn't, then why do so many streamers attempt to adhere to it?

    And killer has definitely improved, and is the easiest it has ever been. I have played since 2017 and have used every tactic in the book. I am not judging, just stating an observation based off of 4 years playing this game.

    Sorry but the SWF issue is not going away. People want to play with their friends and most are not even that good. I know you slaughter plenty of half assed SWFs. The optimal ones are maybe 1 or 2 in ten. And I'd counter that 4 optimal solos are just as formidable.

    And tunneling as the new meta is not an insult. I support everyone's right to play how they want. And I agree it is in response to no heal gen rush meta that is now.

    But if we could all remove a bit of ego from our gameplay, perhaps we could make this game a bit more fun. Admittedly it took me over 3 years to reach this mindset.

    In fairness, I do kill plenty of SWF; I pride myself on it. But I would be lying if I said it was all my personal skill. I have adapted to a SWF Meta. I don't just play Spooky Myers (Cracked Mirror + Boyfriend's Memo) because it is my favorite (although it is). I play him because he is the most effective build I have against a SWF. They thrive on information and coordination. Any Killer which denies them info (while providing me lots) allows me to turn what is normally their strength against them. The current (broken) version of OoO is largely pointless against a Spooky Myers. In fact, it tends to just help me. Keys loaded up with the ability to track the Killer's aura are rendered useless. No Terror radius makes it harder for them to triangulate my position on the map by passing info back and forth to each other. Borrowed Time doesn't activate against a Spooky Myers, and on and on. You get the idea.

    My point is I do like Myers; I really like the Spooky Myers. I continue to play him most because he is my best answer to SWF. You and I don't disagree on all that much. I like most of your posts too. We just disagree on this notion of a code. Even Otz (just the other day in a video I watched) kind of laughed to himself as he found he tunneled. He said, "I guess it is just in my DNA." Most of the big Streamers will CHALLENGE themselves because they are THAT good. But even they have a hard time adhering to that ridiculous standard (and often fail). Remember, I watch them all too trying to get THAT good myself. :) Expecting non-Superstars to abide by a losing strategy is unrealistic. Killers adapt to Survivors, and vice versa. If (and remember I don't agree that tunneling is any more common now than before) the new Meta is tunneling, it is because the Killers are being driven to it. There aren't suddenly more "jerks" than there were "back in the day."

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1950772#Comment_1950772

    In fairness, I do kill plenty of SWF; I pride myself on it. But I would be lying if I said it was all my personal skill. I have adapted to a SWF Meta. I don't just play Spooky Myers (Cracked Mirror + Boyfriend's Memo) because it is my favorite (although it is). I play him because he is the most effective build I have against a SWF. They thrive on information and coordination. Any Killer which denies them info (while providing me lots) allows me to turn what is normally their strength against them. The current (broken) version of OoO is largely pointless against a Spooky Myers. In fact, it tends to just help me. Keys loaded up with the ability to track the Killer's aura are rendered useless. No Terror radius makes it harder for them to triangulate my position on the map by passing info back and forth to each other. Borrowed Time doesn't activate against a Spooky Myers, and on and on. You get the idea.

    My point is I do like Myers; I really like the Spooky Myers. I continue to play him most because he is my best answer to SWF. You and I don't disagree on all that much. I like most of your posts too. We just disagree on this notion of a code. Even Otz (just the other day in a video I watched) kind of laughed to himself as he found he tunneled. He said, "I guess it is just in my DNA." Most of the big Streamers will CHALLENGE themselves because they are THAT good. But even they have a hard time adhering to that ridiculous standard (and often fail). Remember, I watch them all too trying to get THAT good myself. :) Expecting non-Superstars to abide by a losing strategy is unrealistic. Killers adapt to Survivors, and vice versa. If (and remember I don't agree that tunneling is any more common now than before) the new Meta is tunneling, it is because the Killers are being driven to it. There aren't suddenly more "jerks" than there were "back in the day."

    I certainly agree that killers have been driven to tunneling. And perhaps, code, is too strong of a word. It's more a decision to play a certain way aware that your win definition may need to change.

    I also enjoy your posts. You are one of those forum mates that make me evaluate my positions and consider other perspectives.

    I am trying to redefine what a win is to me. And attempt to play this game with a little less ego and more empathy. It took a long journey through every aspect of this game to reach this point.

    Maybe I'm an idealist, maybe I'll return to my former cutthroat playstyle, or maybe I'll truly learn to just have fun with this game.

    In either case, the recent influx of positive messages has been nice.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1951114#Comment_1951114

    I certainly agree that killers have been driven to tunneling. And perhaps, code, is too strong of a word. It's more a decision to play a certain way aware that your win definition may need to change.

    I also enjoy your posts. You are one of those forum mates that make me evaluate my positions and consider other perspectives.

    I am trying to redefine what a win is to me. And attempt to play this game with a little less ego and more empathy. It took a long journey through every aspect of this game to reach this point.

    Maybe I'm an idealist, maybe I'll return to my former cutthroat playstyle, or maybe I'll truly learn to just have fun with this game.

    In either case, the recent influx of positive messages has been nice.

    Ditto. And I hold myself to a high ethical standard. If I find that you are right, and tunneling has become the new META, I'll be the first to admit it and eat crow. I just don't feel that yet. Either way, I think the solution will be in another Meta shift. People just do what they gotta do.

  • Not to get TMI but I'm a very self loathing individual by nature, I feel bad about everything I do. I kind of learn to push through it anyways.

  • @RiskyKara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1950525#Comment_1950525

    I kill who I see, often times that means tunneling the weakest link. If I see someone got unhooked and the person I just had on the hook is the easiest target I'm going for it. This leads to a lot of tunneling from me. I feel badly, but hey if they didn't want to get tunneled they shouldn't be the most obvious target.

    Like being chased by a bear with a friend, "I don't need to outrun the bear, I need to outrun you."

    But you should never run from a bear encounter

    image.png

    😀

  • So... why are you blaming the killer, when survivors suicide on hook, the moment they don´t like the map/killer/weather or whatever crazy reason they come up with? Blame your teammates!

  • @RiskyKara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1950525#Comment_1950525

    I kill who I see, often times that means tunneling the weakest link. If I see someone got unhooked and the person I just had on the hook is the easiest target I'm going for it. This leads to a lot of tunneling from me. I feel badly, but hey if they didn't want to get tunneled they shouldn't be the most obvious target.

    Like being chased by a bear with a friend, "I don't need to outrun the bear, I need to outrun you."

    Oh it definitely makes sense from a killer perspective to do what you need to do in order to win (more easily). It's just not exactly fun from a survivor's point of view and I try not to do this myself when I'm playing killer. At most, I will down the easy target to buy myself some time but not hook them. If I find them again after that, though, they're dead.

1 2 ›