Im new-ish to the game, Is it really worth "Prestigeing" a character? Does it make any difference?

Im new-ish to the game, Is it really worth "Prestigeing" a character? Does it make any difference apart from cosmetics? TIA

Comments

  • Not really. You get slightly higher chance of getting better items(unless that changed it too). I think it's like 1%. I started playing the game late, in august when it was free on ps4 so I won't. prestige I'm just trying to get as many perks as I can for characters. Since I'll stop playing it once the games I'm waiting for are gonna come out. It all depends on how much time you are planning to invest in a game.

  • Theirs a slightly higher chance of getting better things in the bloodweb, but I've barely noticed it myself. I like to prestige my characters for the bloody clothes but that's about it.

  • Bloody clothing cosmetic, a tiny chance of better stuff overall......and, everything else is wiped clean.
  • Many Thank's for taking time out to answer my question's. :):)

  • @iTzFanaTic said:
    Im new-ish to the game, Is it really worth "Prestigeing" a character? Does it make any difference apart from cosmetics? TIA

    If u dont Prestige u are a CASUAL! Its up to u if u wanna be called one or not.

  • @iTzFanaTic said:
    Im new-ish to the game, Is it really worth "Prestigeing" a character? Does it make any difference apart from cosmetics? TIA

    Only if you are that kidn of guy that likes grinding and puts thousands of hours into the game.
    IF not, dont even bother with prestiging

  • The primary reason for prestiging is bloody clothing and achievements. So if you want those or bragging rights, then prestige. However, if you're wondering about the bloodweb rarity increases, I actually just finished making a video about it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzaSlRNuDds
    But long story short, if you're curious about whether it's worth it to prestige for better bloodwebs, the answer is pretty much no

  • For a survivor? Hell no. For a killer? Hell yes. 
  • @DarkWo1f997 said:
    For a survivor? Hell no. For a killer? Hell yes. 

    Are you referring to the bloodwebs or just prestiging in general. I looked at my killer bloodwebs and they seem to follow the same trend as survivor bloodwebs. 1 or 0 pinks, 3 purples, and 6 greens in every killer I have at level 50 regardless if prestiged or not.

    As far as prestiging in general, personally, I think the survivor bloody cosmetic are generally better. Especially when the killer item has those weird blood vines.

  • No it doesn't... I only do it to characters i really like.. I would truly enjoy a reward for prestiging giving me reason to go through the grind 
  • If you plan to put 1,000s of hours in the game yes. If not no. The grind is real and you will want to unlock other perks for those characters.

  • Speaking as someone sitting currently on 200 hours, no. And not just no, hell no. The grind is insane in this game. I haven't "completed" (grind out all perks) a single char yet. The prestige system isn't even legit. You can grind out prestige 3 on one character faster than you can get all your perks for that one killer. You'll see very quickly why prestige isn't worth it. I'm sitting on 17 Iridescent hatchets on Huntress right now and I still don't have Ruin II yet.

    My recommendation to you if you're one of those people that care about pixels, grind prestige 3 out before you grind the perks out.