Is anybody else tired of racing the Entity in the bloodweb?

I wish there were more obvious rule sets that go into what the Entity will consume and when. Maybe there is that I'm unaware of, but after going through probably hundreds of thousands of bloodwebs I'm getting really tired of this mechanic. I don't expect to get everything I want every time, but more often than not I'm just frustrated because the Entity takes something I want even though there's something much rarer or seemingly more "logical" to take.

I understand that the randomness is probably the point of the bloodweb but I'm kinda over it. I would like something closer to how the blood market works on mobile (with perks added in).

It would be at least nice if they allowed you to lock one thing per bloodweb that the Entity cannot consume, or maybe one path it could not take.

Comments

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    I wish there were more obvious rule sets that go into what the Entity will consume and when. Maybe there is that I'm unaware of, but after going through probably hundreds of thousands of bloodwebs I'm getting really tired of this mechanic. I don't expect to get everything I want every time, but more often than not I'm just frustrated because the Entity takes something I want even though there's something much rarer or seemingly more "logical" to take.

    I understand that the randomness is probably the point of the bloodweb but I'm kinda over it. I would like something closer to how the blood market works on mobile (with perks added in).

    It would be at least nice if they allowed you to lock one thing per bloodweb that the Entity cannot consume, or maybe one path it could not take.

    They could call it something like a blood sacrifice where you can lock 2-3 items, addons, offering, or perks each web and the entity will leave it alone for an extra 25% of it’s original bp cost.

    Honestly though I only have the generic complaint that there are way too many perks so It prevents me from bothering to upgrade a character. I don’t enjoy Hag very much but maybe I would play her more if it didn’t cost 10 million to find the perks I want lol. Same for Tapp. I want to play as Tapp or prestige Élodie for example but I don’t want to bother becoming a BP millionaire just to try and find a favourite perk.


  • There are rules. This video might help you:


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3r_a9QqYTY



    As for the Entity, I wish it devoured MORE. I'd happily let it eat a second helping every return to get to the next bloodweb faster.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    This is what I've noticed:

    The Entity will always go for a Perk first. If you pick a Perk, it immediately consumes one if there is another available.

    The Entity will always choose a connecting node, unless that node is one of the nodes first from center (unless it's the last choice it can take).

    It will typically take the least expensive option if it switches routes, but usually always starts from the farthest circle.


    This is mostly correct. You get four moves and then it starts eating. It will start with a perk, then move down the chain to its base. It will then devour a second perk if one is available. If not it will find the outermost node and again start working inward. There are a few more basics, but that is the gist of it.