The hook struggle input is incredibly ableist

I am someone with ADHD. For brief moments I can lose focus, especially when doing something monotonous like spamming the space bar. So often I die to this and its not fair at all. People with mental health, or physical issues in their arms and hands cannot play this game as we cannot struggle on the hook.

I love this game but I die so often when I shouldnt because of my disability, and theres other players who cant play at all.

Why have the DBD devs never thought about this and addressed it, why has noone ever thought that lots of people would struggle with it.

What even is the point in the mechanic except to make disabled people suffer from it, as its only a question of, can you spam space bar for a long period of time without stopping?

Please devs, support the tonne of disabled people who play or want to play the game. If theres no change then its clear what the studio thinks of disabled players.

Comments

  • Bruh, this dude really said struggling on the hook is a core mechanic😂. Struggling could literally be removed from the game and nothing would change, it's the exact polar opposite of a core mechanic. I've never seen somebody so eager to defend mandatory button mashing.

  • Considering that other better developed games give the option to opt-out of button-mashing QTEs, either by making it a button hold or just culling them entirely, this is all in the realm of possibility for BHVR to fix.


    Also, as multiple people have stated here, no one likes the struggle mechanic, but suddenly when someone brings up their disability or neurodivergency not working with it, the mechanic is a-okay. OP has just as much a reason to complain on this as anyone else.

  • You can literally use a macro for this, I've been doing it ever since and haven't been banned yet. I don't think it counts as cheating to use macros for wiggling out of a killer's grasp or struggling during the second hook struggle.

1 2 ›