buff for all hexs
Just do to them what you have with hooks either a perk/item to cleanse them that way people.cant just go and kill them in 5-10 seconds they have to actively work for it
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I think this is a difficult issue to tackle, but the totems are too vulnerable. I don’t like the idea of totems taking he place of perk slots. But I have a thread on that already.
I say just make them toolbox based with about the same length of time as a sab does , or even just lump them in with sabo that way the perk would apply as well . Meaning that you can get them off the board with either a perk or a toolbox and addons would effect it same as a hook . this would make up for the fact a killer uses a perk to have active totems as well as the highly obvious places they are located . This would bring back usefulness to a lot of them . just my thoughts ...
I think doubling the time it takes to cleanse a totem is all it really needs (would be somewhat miserable with THOT).
I agree, doubling the time to cleanse totems would be one solution. But I also think that whichever survivor cleanse the totem should also be cursed/exposed for the remainder of the trial.
Even as a survivor main, I feel bad whenever I destroy a killer's totem because I know the game is about to become 100x easier for me.
I think the Haunted Ground effect is good too, where the effects of the totem aren't immediately removed, but done over perhaps 30 seconds? I don't know about the rest of the trial, but if the cleansing survivor became broken or exposed for 30 seconds, that would be good too.
Not all survivors take in items, which means if that happens - you'd have to drudge through ruin the entire match because you can't cleanse it, also killers would just run NOED if they see people ready up withot the required item knowing that RNG is the only way to cleanse it - this is a bad idea.
As for the "doubling" cleanse time - I don't mine them being a little longer, however double the time + TOTH would make cleansing a totem absolutely impossible, and with something like Devour Hope + Ruin it would be impossible to do.
Totems need changing, but these changes seem incredibly strong for perks that are supposed to be risk & reward. It makes it almost all reward with the right build.
Hex perks are supposed to be high risk, high reward. But most of them are high risk, low reward.
My proposal was always to turn hex perks into normal perks. Since they are not powerful enough to justify being hex perks.
But it doesn't look like the devs want to reverse a bad mechanic.
If we are going to keep the hex perks, make them more powerful and punish the survivor with a debuff. Maybe let him lose a random perk too.
No, they can't - you are correct, they can however kill that survivor and stop them playing.
That's why it's Risk + Reward, like I've said - they need changing, I'm not disputing that.
Due to the speed that they're found, make them stealthier, make them all look the same even if they're hexed/dull, make them shorter, make them grey.
I really don't mind this but again, risk + reward, if you get something out of the risk, it's still being rewarded.
They are clearly working on things one by one, you can still win a match with bad totem placements, it's not too bad.
Again, this defeats the whole "risk + reward" system, it's rewarding the risk.
I think it would be a great idea if the totem effect would spread evenly among all totems, meaning if all 6 totems are up the effect is most powerful and with each destroyed totem the effect lessens.
Ruin could slow down the repairing progress by 60% and have the ruin skill checks on.
As soon as a totem is destroyed it accelerates the repairing speed by 10% and stops the ruin skill checks.
In this case dull totems need the exact same amount of time to be cleansed as Hex totems.
I don't know if this is better than the current Hex: Ruin but the perk was made to slow down the game and if it is found within the first few seconds it has absolutely no effect and on the other hand searching for the totem is just a dull labor nobody enjoys especially when it's hidden really well.
Theres only 5 totems, but this would essentially render NOED useless as survivors would cleanse all totems upon finding out that ruin was active (in this scenario) also, having multiple totems like huntress etc they'd all lost their power gradually at the same time as the totems being cleansed.
Just make a special totem spawn for NOED at the end in case all totems got destroyed earlier^^
So there's no counter to NOED anymore?
Destroy the totem just like any other Hex perk
So, while the survivors are supposed to escape, you want them to have to run back into the match, find a totem they don't know has spawned & destroy it so they can safely open a gate?
I've seen normal NOED turn a 0K match into a 4K match. It absolutely should have a counter, it shouldn't be a "lets randomly spawn a totem in the map once all the generators are done" sounds absurd.
Why should it have a counter? There are no counters for survivor perks either.
Killer should be in the power role, not the survivors. Also, the match isn´t over until you see the point screen.
Oh dear - every time you hook a survivor their perks aren't being used, every time you kill a survivor their perks are out of the game.
Literally the killers in this thread - "Why shouldn't I get free kills at the end of the game after the survivors have completed their objective".
It's a perk that instantly downs survivors at end game, after they've finished their objective, you shouldn't able to freely get a 4K at end game because a magical totem spawns out in the map, it's the same argument for DS, the killer has done the work, why should they be given a free get off the shoulder for free card, they shouldn't have it.
Simple.
What free killer? What are you talking about? Do all survivors suddenly fall to the ground once NOED activates? The killer still has to find, chase, hit and hook them. NOED only halfes the amount of hits the killer requires to down them. Nothing more.
If there are 4 survivors left, when the gates are powered, then it means 1 of 3 things:
Survivors taking time to cleanse totems is time spent not on generators. Hex Perks are supposed to have very powerful effects that can be disabled (which the whole point of this thread is that it's too easy to disable them). Only a few perks affect the cleansing speed for totems: Hex: Thrill of the Hunt, Leader, Prove Thyself, and Resilience. If they simply increased the time it takes to cleanse it, it will give TOTH the biggest buff, because it will in turn make cleansing them even longer.
Do you read anything past the first couple of comments? He's literally talking about a RANDOM totem spawning AFTER the gens are done, so despite all totems being cleansed, NOED still activates.
This is absurd, the killer KNOWS he will get NOED regardless of what the survivors have done and simply needs to camp gates, as this totem spawns AFTER the gens are done this would require survivor to find out he has it, therefore he has his first down.
Like, i don't understand, you're clearly incredibly biased, I'm trying to have a discussion about buffing totems but all you can think about is how fun it would be to have an unavoidable noed spawn, utterly ridiculous.
Exactly. Hex Perks are SUPPOSED to have very powerful effects. But the don´t. They are simply not powerful enough to justify them being a hex perk.
Survivors rarely cleanse dull totems. That´s why most survivors think NOED is OP, since they didn´t take the time to search for those totems.
Nobody is saying NOED is OP in this thread.
I´m not sure if you fail to see the irony, when you call me biased. BUT i´m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.
NOED is a perkslot that´s useless for the whole match and only gets effective at the endgame. When survivors only have to open 1 of 2 gates and run out. Would survivors take SC if it had only 1 heal or when it would only work after all gens have been powered? Would they take DS if it would only work after the gates have been powered? Be honest. Would YOU equip them?
I love how you ignore the rest of the comment to say this.
No, nobody on this thread has said this. But i guarantee you, that salty survivors complain about NOED if the killer uses it and downs even 1 survivor with it.
Hex Perks in general need a bit of a rework. In some instances, the notice comes too soon, like why am I being told there is Huntress' Lullaby BEFORE someone's been hooked?
Lets break down this mess shall we;
Well, here I am, saying totems need changes, and here you are, saying
"buff buff buff buff buff buff buff"
"Why should NOED have a counter"
Why shouldn't NOED have a counter, if the survs have done all gens and all totems why should the map crap out a free totem and let NOED spawn anyway.
Once again, no risk (in this scenario) you seem to have an issue understanding risk + reward.
Yes, and it's useful at end game when - majority of pallets are broken, people have been hooked, there's only two places survivors can go, and they're both timed gates.
This is becoming a habit, talking about hexes and suddenly it's about survivor perks? Get real.
Well, DS is getting nerfed, and I never run it anyway so not really sure what point you're making here? Again, back to talking about survivor perks which are a completely separate conversation.
I think you fail to understand a single thing; I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH NOED. However, the comment I was replying to wants NOED to spawn regardless, so even if all totems are cleansed he wants it to spawn anyway, LOL.
The notification comes, because it applies the 5% for failed skill checks.
The whole notification system require a rework. I´m ok if they inform survivors of all the perks that affect them on noob ranks. But on high ranks? Survivors with 100+ hours notice when something affects their gameplay. They don´t need a big red warning sign, telling them that there is something wrong.
Of course i´m asking for Hex Perk buffs, since they are underwhelming.
And where did i say, that i want NOED to spawn, once all totems are cleansed? I never claimed that.
Survivors have no risk+reward perks at all. NONE
Only killer have them and the reward is mediocre at best.
There are 3 places. Or does our beloved hatch suddenly not count anymore?
You didn´t answer the question. I presented you a meta perk that would take a serious hit IF the devs would apply the same standards for survivors as for killers, and you ignore it, because it´s unconvenient.
Until the nerf is live, i have every right to talk about DS. Because things that might come, also tend to suddenly vanish from the to do list.
Then your answer should aim at the OP and not me. sigh
Good god, READ THE THREAD.
The comment that you quoted me in which started our conversation was a reply I MADE TO SOMEONE about the buff they wanted, which was to spawn the NOED totem at the end of the match even if all totems had been cleansed
Jesus, you’re so biased you completely ignored the first part of the conversation, saw a comment I made and instantly jumped on it, you’re absolutely embarrassing.
So you keep calling my biased, ignore my questions, but still say that you want to "discuss".

Ruin skill checks are a piece of cake for experienced players and it would still go down just as fast.
I have almost 500 hours and ruin skill checks are still a nightmare for me LOL I hit them sometimes but I rather get a small regress on a gen than a explosion
The devs wanted to rework the hex perks, but I think hex haunted ground is their "fix" to the broken spawning locations etc
Buff thrill of the hunt
Yes, it probably is. Just like Bloodlust "solved" looping.
And now nerf it, bringing back what wasn't gone.
Well, 90 seconds to down a survivors is way to short.
