Would people give feedback on my gameplay if I recorded playing in a swf group?
with the way how the game is at the moment I don't feel like playing solo and I feel people will play worse with the new rift open. (I could be wrong but i don't want to take chances). But would people even give feedback or hate me for playing swf? I know swf is a touchy topic on the forum so idk
Comments
Why would people care if you're playing survivor with friends realistically do whatever you want for fun feel free to post in the media lounge here on the forums. If i can post Oni gameplay and not have people flame me for my mistakes i sometimes make which can be big brain then i think you're chilling.
The games not balanced for SWF so it is an unfair advantage. I don't blame you, I blame its poor design in the games balance.
That said, I'll critique your upload if you have it to see where y'all can improve.
Four good solo's still has the advantage quite significantly over an equally skilled killer. I run solo 99% of the time and I am still definitely the power role.
Yeah I can get potatoes a lot, but if you're skilled enough you can carry a lot of them. You'll at the very least play well enough to pip which means you'll be slowly ranking up and increasing the likelihood of getting good teammates.
I would give feedback. But it could be that i give wrong advice, bc swf information can change the optimal play in a situation.
For example when you know someone is chased you dont need to look around you for the killer while doing a gen.
I agree with this, 4 optimal solos are just as strong as an optimal SWF. Survivors playing optimally do not need coms, they know what to do.
Now SWF can boost a team above their individual skill levels, however it will not turn regular casual survivors into optimal survivors. To me SWF is not as strong as some make it out to be. It is an advantage, but it also what keeps the game competitive. 4 casual randos will often get destroyed and play quite selfishly, which is why many regular players prefer to SWF.
"Survivors playing optimally do not need coms, they know what to do."
I think this is a key takaway as well. Note the word "optimally", not even skilled.
You can lose many matches that you were never outplayed per say, but simply because they know efficiency. IE spread out and holding m1 without wasting time. These teams know the real weakness for killers is the disparity in objective time.
The average survivors biggest flaw isn't even their looping, it's that they waste time.
Well said, so true!!
"Pipping doesn't mean anything when most red rank survivors are supposed to be at yellow ranks"
This is not a normal problem. That is a generally recent occurrence. Once mmr gets here it should be better.
Even then, while many red rank survivors are boosted artificially, you will still on average find better teammates than lower ranks.
"But in my experience (and from a lot of other solo's) most of the time solo is a frustating experience."
That's because the average survivor is pretty bad. I'm including typically the people complaining about solo queue in this group. On average, most games can be carried if you're good enough.
IE on average the people complaining about getting bad teammates in solo queue are usually bad themselves but take no responsibility.
Related to this, I'm still offering to watch your videos solo or swf.
I would rather commenting on solo queue gameplay because SWF makes it too easy, playing alone is a good way to improve efficiency as survivor just in general. Also, do it without kindred.
While I agree that playing solo is a good way to improve i would also argue that i have gotten better playing survivor because I was in a swf group. Sure Its easier but I have learned alot by playing with survivor better then me.
It's a multiplayer online game. I would actually be impressed if you stopped playing with your friends because someone else told you to do so for any circumstance.
I personally wouldn't hate you for playing a multiplayer game with your friends. And we can all share things and learn from each other. So... yeah, go ahead.