I want to know if this isn’t just me. Any other killers noticing something strange about crows?

I’ve done a bug report, but I want to know if other killers are experiencing the same.

I’m the kind of killer that’s very sensitive to the crow activity and cawing. They tell me whether survivors haven’t even recently been through the area I’m searching (I’m disturbing a lot of them), or whether survivors have recently been somewhere (I notice them returning to their perches), I can the horizon for crows suddenly flying off, and I’m quick to notice a cawing crow not near me, and I will act upon it.

Since 4.5.0. i’ve been experiencing a lot of instances where I’ve heard a disturbed crow more than a tile over from my current location, and will go looking for the survivor I presume had disturbed it. Nope, can’t find anyone.

I was initially thinking that there was just this sudden surge of survivors much better at stealth and hiding.

But now I’ve started noticing since 4.5.0. no matter where I move around in a map, I’m hearing disturbed crows both near where I’m moving (the crows I’d expect to disturb), and crows about a tile/tile and a half away.

It’s seems like the I’M the one disturbing these crows, like the distance they’re meant to be disturbed or remain idle is currently bugged. And it’s only been this way since 4.5.0. It’s very confusing, and being constantly tricked by the game is wasting HUGE amounts of time.

Is this just in my head?

Are other killers that use crows noticing this too?

Comments

  • Yes, I noticed crows sometimes do silent purr noises, like they do when someone hide in locker. But it was 20 seconds from match start, so it couldn't be an afk crows. So I wasn't distracted by them, but it probably should be addressed anyway. It doesn't seem right.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I’ve done a bug report, but I want to know if other killers are experiencing the same.

    I’m the kind of killer that’s very sensitive to the crow activity and cawing. They tell me whether survivors haven’t even recently been through the area I’m searching (I’m disturbing a lot of them), or whether survivors have recently been somewhere (I notice them returning to their perches), I can the horizon for crows suddenly flying off, and I’m quick to notice a cawing crow not near me, and I will act upon it.

    Since 4.5.0. i’ve been experiencing a lot of instances where I’ve heard a disturbed crow more than a tile over from my current location, and will go looking for the survivor I presume had disturbed it. Nope, can’t find anyone.

    I was initially thinking that there was just this sudden surge of survivors much better at stealth and hiding.

    But now I’ve started noticing since 4.5.0. no matter where I move around in a map, I’m hearing disturbed crows both near where I’m moving (the crows I’d expect to disturb), and crows about a tile/tile and a half away.

    It’s seems like the I’M the one disturbing these crows, like the distance they’re meant to be disturbed or remain idle is currently bugged. And it’s only been this way since 4.5.0. It’s very confusing, and being constantly tricked by the game is wasting HUGE amounts of time.

    Is this just in my head?

    Are other killers that use crows noticing this too?

    I've had a few games where crows dont gather around idle survivors or make a noise notification.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Sometimes crows do random noises that make it seem they were disturbed, but they still stay in place. Are you talking about that maybe?

    No. That’s audibly distinct when they’re just chirping in their idle state while perched upon n something or on the ground.

  • @kaeru said:

    Yes, I noticed crows sometimes do silent purr noises, like they do when someone hide in locker. But it was 20 seconds from match start, so it couldn't be an afk crows. So I wasn't distracted by them, but it probably should be addressed anyway. It doesn't seem right.

    Yes, I noticed that as well that Crows often sound like AFK-Crows. Not distracting, but irritating, I always think there is a afk Survivor in a locker.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1940100#Comment_1940100

    Yes, I noticed that as well that Crows often sound like AFK-Crows. Not distracting, but irritating, I always think there is a afk Survivor in a locker.

    I forgot about this. I notice this too, and do the same as you: check the tops of nearby lockers to see any perched on them. This is also an irritating issue.

    But in addition to that, only since 4.5.0. I’ll frequently hear, or even frequently see, disturbed crows flying off the next tile over no matter where I’m travelling around the map, and deduct that it isn’t actually a survivor at all. I’m the one disturbing them despite being anywhere from roughly 8 to 12m away.

    It’s a nuisance because it’s confusing, and wasting lots of my time looking for a survivor that isn’t there in most of these instances.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1940100#Comment_1940100

    Yes, I noticed that as well that Crows often sound like AFK-Crows. Not distracting, but irritating, I always think there is a afk Survivor in a locker.

    I noticed that as a Survivor, being like: "one of my teammates if AFK?" But when I checked around, no one seemed to be AFK. But it happened before the update, so it might be something else.