To the Community, is this hard?

Has it ever occurred to anyone in this community that maybe if we were nicer the devs would be willing to listen? I have never seen anyone ever on these forums have actual constructive criticism about things in the game. It's all whining and complaining and moaning and groaning about how you didn't get what you want. (And before you look at my profile and say "Well you've only been here a little less than a year you don't know anything" I've been around longer that's just when I made my account) What if the devs don't want to listen to us because everything opens with "You don't care" and "You're awful" and "We're no longer buying your stuff until you fix things" and that's how it's been FOR A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Who wants to do something for someone when they're told "If you don't give me what I want I'm going to try and kill what you've been working on for almost five year now." Who wants to listen to that? No one. I don't want to hear in the discussions about how this update is "The worst update ever" and "The most game breaking bugs ever" because that's what you all say every update and it's been like that for years.

I'd like to add something. When it comes to my experiences in dbd the only thing that makes me want to quit the game is this toxic entitled community who thinks when the devs don't give them what they want they're the worst devs on the planet that "need to be taught a lesson on how to do things."

Comments

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    Has it ever occurred to anyone in this community that maybe if we were nicer the devs would be willing to listen? I have never seen anyone ever on these forums have actual constructive criticism about things in the game. It's all whining and complaining and moaning and groaning about how you didn't get what you want. (And before you look at my profile and say "Well you've only been here a little less than a year you don't know anything" I've been around longer that's just when I made my account) What if the devs don't want to listen to us because everything opens with "You don't care" and "You're awful" and "We're no longer buying your stuff until you fix things" and that's how it's been FOR A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Who wants to do something for someone when they're told "If you don't give me what I want I'm going to try and kill what you've been working on for almost five year now." Who wants to listen to that? No one. I don't want to hear in the discussions about how this update is "The worst update ever" and "The most game breaking bugs ever" because that's what you all say every update and it's been like that for years.

    I'd like to add something. When it comes to my experiences in dbd the only thing that makes me want to quit the game is this toxic entitled community who thinks when the devs don't give them what they want they're the worst devs on the planet that "need to be taught a lesson on how to do things."

    Eh, I tried to open a thread about constructive criticism and our problems with the patch earlier, but it didn't catch.

    Comment on it, if you'd like.

    @Pulsar said:

    Hello all! This is going to be one of my longer posts, so I'll cut to the chase up here. I'd like this to be a constructive mega thread of ideas and suggestions. BHVR already knows they messed up and they certainly don't need anymore hate. As such, I'd like to put together a list of ideas and suggestions so that they can, perhaps, pick out some of the better ideas.

    I am well aware that some of you will say that this is a waste of time, and perhaps it is. But truthfully, I love this game, and I want to see it succeed. I know many of you on these Forums do as well, else you wouldn't be here, nor would you argue so vehemently.

    To preface, I would like to keep this discussion on ONLY the 4.5.0 patch. Additionally, please keep everything as civil as you can. We are all on the same side, no need to attack one another.

    To begin, I'd like to talk about what I did like from this patch.

    • The new portrait system on the UI is a major upgrade.
    • The hook counter for Survivor is really nice. I like having that info, especially as a Solo.
    • Both Crotus Prenn maps look amazing and play very well!
    • Wraith buffs are good.
    • Trapper buff was also good.
    • Second Wind and Fixated changes are MUCH appreciated.
    • Clown's reload time is WAY better.
    • New updated Nurse models look incredible.
    • Mangled add-on change was good.

    Now, onto the stuff I don't like.

    • Clown's secondary power is very situational and offers little practical application.
    • Gideon Meat Plant looks nice, but it plays awfully and there are 3 new god pallets.
    • The rest of the UI is...not great.
    • Gideon freezer room causes massive FPS drops.
    • The new animations look very unnatural and janky. I'm sure I'll get used to them, but they could be better.
    • Legion's two worst add-ons (Frank's Mixtape and Stab Wound Study) did NOT need a nerf.
    • I think Undying was nerfed a bit too hard.
    • There appears to be issues with Survivors hitboxes. I am hearing reports of either weapons passing through them or Survivors getting hit from miles away.

    Now, what are my suggestions?

    • Firstly, optimize Console DBD...like you promised.
    • Clown's secondary power either needs a bigger speed boost or it needs to last for longer. He's like Wraith without Windstorm, and while an extra 10% is nice, it isn't really great for map traversal.
    • Condense the UI. I am not opposed to changing the UI, but, it is too spread out right now, in my opinion. If you would condense it together, it would make a lot of people more happy.
    • Smooth out the Survivor animations. I understand this will take time, all I ask is that you confirm you are working on continuing to smooth it out.
    • Remove some of the god pallets on Gideon.
    • I would've taken away Undying's aura reading on Hex Totems OR left the aura reading but taken away the ability for it to respawn multiple totems.

    Those are my thoughts on the patch. What are yours? Tell me what you liked, disliked and what you think can be done to make it better.

    Remember, try to remain constructive! We aren't here to bash BHVR, I am sure they are already aware of our displeasure.


  • Maybe check the feedback section instead of general discussion if you want to see 'civilized' communication.

  • They got plenty of constructive criticism and civil discussion for the PTB feedback. It didn't cut it. It was straight-up ignored. Only unleashing a ######### storm seems to get a reaction.

    As such, your argument is invalidted by empirical evidence.

  • Gotta give respect to get respect. This stuff isn't new with this game. The devs have deliberately chosen to ignore the playerbase and push forward with bad design choices since this game was created. You can't fault players for telling the devs that they are making their 10,000th mistake and getting frustrated when the devs don't listen and still make the mistake.

  • The devs have shown in the past that it takes an uproar or a very long time for an unpopular change in the past to be dealt with. People wouldn’t be so rude or toxic if the devs just communicated to begin with.

  • Nah we've tried that before. The only way to make us heard is having a blue checkmark on twitter.

  • going by the title I was afraid to look, so I'm sorry that I couldn't answer your question

  • It's not really a matter of being nice or rude. It's most of all a problem with Communication, they can't ask the playerbase to only be vocal when we like things, they can't ask us to be patient with serious game breaking issues that last for months while other content is being put out that comes with the same issue.

    They are mostly looking forward and not looking the path they travel, imagine they're building a road but there's a hole in the road and instead of fixing that hole they just keep making the road with the promise of no more holes and when they're way ahead and people are using the road that is already built then everyone is noticing the holes that weren't fixed. That is the state of DbD a long road with holes here and there and everywhere while the road just keeps going and going.

    At the end of the day it's their game and their vision is what matters and there's no pleasing everyone but they keep making holes in their roads...Holes in the game, holes in their costumer service, holes in the player base...

  • I've been constructive and civil.

    Some people are being overdramatic but most of us aren't.

    Honestly? The least civil posts/threads I've seen are the ones telling other people to be more constructive and nice. 🤔

  • Normally, I would agree, and I definitely don't think that personal attacks or anything of the sort is okay in any way, but at the same time emotions add context. I would rather someone not sound like a formal, emotionless robot when I'm getting feedback, and while throwing a tantrum isn't the answer, letting anger and frustration about being ignored and kept out of the loop shine through is absolutely warranted here.

    Besides, they got the civilised feedback and did nothing with it because some big-shot executives wanted to stick to The Plan. Maybe now the higher-ups will start to understand that The Plan needs to be flexible.