Why is "stretched rez" still a thing

I swear they said the ui update was going to fix the stretched resolution cheating.

Well it hasn't.

Yes being able to see the killer over rocks and bushes is cheating obviously because it gives you time to react and destroys stealth killers. it also removes many mindgames.

Comments

  • That has nothing to do with the UI/HUD and everything to do with how the game handles non-standard aspect ratios. Both the more square ones people use for stretched and the ones found on ultra wide monitors, both look and behave weird with how the game currently works.

    Considering they said in the recent Q&A that ultrawide support isn't something they're working on at the moment I wouldn't expect it to be changed any time soon. As that would involve some sort of attempt to make the game have a more consistent look or at least make it stretch in a more normal way (more horizontally as opposed to vertically) on "non standard" aspect ratios, which would probably include improvements to ratios significantly bigger and smaller than the more standard 16:9 and 16:10 ones.

  • @oxygen said:

    That has nothing to do with the UI/HUD and everything to do with how the game handles non-standard aspect ratios. Both the more square ones people use for stretched and the ones found on ultra wide monitors, both look and behave weird with how the game currently works.

    Considering they said in the recent Q&A that ultrawide support isn't something they're working on at the moment I wouldn't expect it to be changed any time soon. As that would involve some sort of attempt to make the game have a more consistent look or at least make it stretch in a more normal way (more horizontally as opposed to vertically) on "non standard" aspect ratios, which would probably include improvements to ratios significantly bigger and smaller than the more standard 16:9 and 16:10 ones.

    They said they were going to fix it with this update when they announced the ui change.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1937071#Comment_1937071

    They said they were going to fix it with this update when they announced the ui change.

    First time I hear that. Got a source for that one?

  • Seems i misheard what they said.. they said the ui is independent of screen resolution.

    getting tired of survivors being able to see me when they shouldn't :'{


    Also really really bad when nurses use it.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1937085#Comment_1937085

    Seems i misheard what they said.. they said the ui is independent of screen resolution.

    getting tired of survivors being able to see me when they shouldn't :'{

    Also really really bad when nurses use it.

    Ok, thought so. Like I said, never heard it before.

    Personally, I do not care about Stretched Resolution because of two things:

    First, it is impossible to prove, unless they are a Streamer.

    And second, I expect that it will take a very, very, very long time until the Devs do something about it. I mean, you even get an advantage when playing on low settings. And because this is part of the game, I cannot really imagine that something against Stretched Resolution will happen at any point in the near future.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1937129#Comment_1937129

    Ok, thought so. Like I said, never heard it before.

    Personally, I do not care about Stretched Resolution because of two things:

    First, it is impossible to prove, unless they are a Streamer.

    And second, I expect that it will take a very, very, very long time until the Devs do something about it. I mean, you even get an advantage when playing on low settings. And because this is part of the game, I cannot really imagine that something against Stretched Resolution will happen at any point in the near future.

    The problem is the devs themselves acknowledged that it is basically cheating.

    Low detail is not cheating plus you can't see as far on low detail sincre it makes the fog thicker

    for survivors, ultra makes the killer glow brighter and longer, and it is short and faded on low detail.