Calm spirit buff
Every time another survivor disturbs a crow, their aura will be revealed to you for 3 seconds and stacks for each crow. Does not reveal their aura when in a chase- Every time another survivor disturbs a crow, their aura will be revealed to you for 1 second and stacks for each crow. Does not reveal their aura when in a chase.
*The perk does the same things as before, just has a little extra thing added
I still think it is completely outclassed by bond and empathy since they are much more constant perks because it can tell when a survivor is in a chase.
Comments
If you get to keep the ability to overcome the urge to scream I'll vouch for this buff. Nice!
It is still the same, I just added a lil buff
I like the change.
Would it be too much if instead of that it revealed the killer for 2 seconds when he disturbed a crow?
I'm leaning towards probably but I don't know.
I think this would be too much, because survivors have the ability to avoid distrubing crows, most killer have not.
I think so, crows are actually pretty common to disturb on any map in a chase and this effect does stack with each crow.
It does not show the killer's aura, only any survivor who is not in a chase.
yes, i was refering to the guy directly above my post...
Context matters.
I don't get the point if seeing others survivors aura if they disturbed a crow.
To buff the perk and make it just a bit more useful? It would be an informational perk as well as a utility that is not too strong and can actually help.
I guess but I think its fine as it is. It already completely counter doctor and to some extent clown. It also hard counters infections fright witch is a very good and useful killer perk.
The problem with that it is a very situational perk and one main killer over the other. This buff would keep those neat additions, but add some information value to it.
it's a nice addition, but I am not sure if it fits the context of the perk. Wouldn't it be better if it worked like Spies from the Shadows where you see the notification bubble, but not the aura on a small CD? Since killers and survivors can trigger crows, it would have some depth involved.
I don't think so, having notification bubbles pop up all the time is actually pretty annoying. The context of the perk seems to fit in for me since we are dealing with crows here, and it is moreover if it fits the lore of the character rather than the perk. Crows are disturbed quite often by survivors and they block your vision because of how they work, so they would just be annoying. I think it should stay more simple and with these changes, it seems perfect to me.
I don't think it being situational is a bad thing. Isn't a perk that works all the time OP?
Also it already has 2 effects on it. Sure you might not scream a lot in most of your matches but being able to not disturb crows is a plus since expert killers can use crows to their advantage in order to find survivors who are not careful.
Also im concerned with it destroying the uses of other perks. Like why use bond, empathy, or aftercare if you cam get free aura reads with Calm Spirit? This is especially the case that it stacks.
I'm sorry but I feel buffing it is just unessacary.
What if a crow is disturbed when in 36m radius, you receive a noise noti. Cool down of 5sec. An opposite to Spies from the Shadow.
You dont know its from Survivor or Killer.
In return, I would love to see Spies from the Shadow gives Killer ability not to disturb the Crow.
Just as I said above :P
for the Spies, I'd rather increase its CD a bit and make the crow follow the survivor creating notifications for a few seconds just like the ones you get after going AFK.
I see what you mean, but perks that work all the time aren't necessarily OP like deja vu or lightweight.
The buff can be changed to one second per crow but still stacks if three seconds is too much. I still think the other perks are superior to it since they are constant and provide full-on info, calm spirit would only show survivors for a few seconds each time and then you would sort of have to predict where or what they are going to do.
Sounds pretty cool, I glossed over the part where the killer could also trigger it and you wouldn't know. The problems with this though is that if someone is working on a generator it will constantly trigger the perk and you would not get much use out of it, it would be more annoying than helpful (most generators have crows that are disturbed by working on them).
The notification bubbles do not pop up if you're too close to the origin, just like a survivor in chase fast vaulting in front of the killer. IDK the actual radius for them to start showing up tho.
It has 5sec cooldown, doesnt mean it will pop every 5sec. Since a crow takes around 10sec or so to fly back to be triggered again.
Oof if the bubbles don't show up if they are too close this part of the perk becomes much more limited
I went back to the wiki and only found the max range for loud noise notifications (48m BTW). I am not sure about the criteria for the min range, but I believe there is a radius associated and possibly a LOS component. that requires testing tho.
True I forgot about this, but you will still get less useful info from it. Sure you can tell that a survivor is working on a gen, but roughly every 10 seconds it will pop up showing you what you already know which makes it just a little bit less useful when you want to know what is happening around you.