Clown's slowing gas feels unfair in most matches

Almost every time I go against a clown I am reminded of how annoying and unfun his slowing gas is. To me it feels like it gives the clown too much of a free hit on survivors especially in the open. The slowing effect against a killer that already runs faster than you seems like a bit too much power in my opinion. I can never evade a hit in the gas. I can never run this killer for more than a few seconds if he has gas bottles ready. I hear he reloads them faster now which is going to make playing against the clown even more unfun for me. Am I doing something wrong? I feel like survivors should be able to play a gas mask item that makes them immune to clown gas and it would always be a risk because you never know if you're going against a clown.

Comments

  • Clown is already a weak killer, and his counter is to drop pallets early.

  • Clown is not a weak killer. Clown is a strong killer in chase. He just has a major weakness in getting around.

    To the OP, versing Clown is all about keeping distance. Treat him like Leatherface and you'll be far better off. Big problem versing clown is he can close off almost any loop easily with his gas. Solution: don't engage in chase and get as much distance as possible from the get go.