Idea for hooked survivor and killer camping
I've been trying to think of a good way to fight against camping that wouldn't outright be unfair to killers but make that strategy a little more risky. I wouldn't want to directly buff free survivors either so here is an idea that uses a preexisting mechanic somewhat
Survivor on first hook gets an increase in luck based upon the distance a killer is with the hooked survivor and the time they remain there. This doesn't guarantee a survivor gets off free but further motivates killers to go do other things. It could also be a risky play on the hooked survivor as well since they can still fail. The survivor could obviously still get unhooked and downed by the killer again which further makes it a risky move but still possible for survivors. Thoughts?
Comments
I'm not really sure how that would fix camping
If it's more likely I'll get myself unhooked while the killer is starring into my eyes while I hang on the hook, they're just going to smack me right back down. If it doesn't help me once the killer leaves, they're not camping me and there's nothing needing to be fixed.
encouraging the self unhooks which usually screws over everyone else with their selfish gamble?
nah i disprove.
what they need to do is if the killer lingers close and no survivors are in the heartbeat range, the hook will actually slow down even more forcing the killer to either commit to that one death while losing ALL generators or actually go play the game.
likewise if that still doesnt stop the 1hook face camps? the player on the hook who's progress is being slowed due to killer proximity will actively siphon the points from the killer as punishment from the displeased entity
Free 2nd hook for camping killers.