New Killer to combat Gen Rushing
So I noticed that the Pig is so far the only killer that really brings anything new to the game that actually slows down Gen rushing, her traps distract Survivors so they don't do Gens, also she is also the only killer that adds to the map, her boxes. So we have killers to combat loops and killers that are speed focused but only 1 maybe 2 that combats Gens so I came up with this half concept of a new killer I am temporarily calling
The Biohazard
The Biohazard can place up to 5 or 6 Toxic Barrells that emnit a miasma that grows in area of effect and strength each time a Gen is completed. The effects of the barrells can change with add-ons but they initially decrease action-speed and blur vision, these barrells can be cleansed or temporarily turned off setting their intensity back by one Gen each time but can only be reset once after a Gen is completed. So a Gen is completed and that barrell can be turned off once, they have to wait until another Gen is completed before they can turn it back off. The barrells can also be reset back to base power if the Biohazard picks up a barrell and places it somewhere else. These barrells can also be placed anywhere, near windows, pallets, stairs, even Gens.
These barrells force Survivors to divert their attention to the Gens, the Killer, or the Barrells, if they ignore the Barrells the game becomes too slow and they could get killed, if they just focus on Barrells they won't be doing Gens, so they have to prioritizxe between them, all while dogding the Killer.
Add-ons could change the intensity of the Miasma after a Gen is completed, add more effects such as Broken, Mangled, Exhaustion, etc. Place down Barrells faster, place down more Barrells, an Ultra rare add on or Very Rare could make them Exposed at some point but limits how many Barrels you can place. Also I think the Biohazard should get a speed boost when he is in range of the Barrells so it hurts Survivors but Buffs the Killer.If this is the case then his base speed can be low for balance.
I am seeing him wearing a Hazmat suit but I don't know what kind of weapon he can use, his breathing would be similar to Darth Vader or Trapper. This isn't a real full on chapter idea just an idea for a Killer to slow down Gens instead of coding or nerfs for perks and this could easily be a high ranking killer because the main problem up there is Gen rushing and the more distracted a Survivor is the better.
Comments
FTFY
Somehow I double posted so I need to post something else some I couldn't delete it...
their last attempt to create a killer to stop genrushing was the pig...
didnt rly work out too well...
I like what you did.
But making a Killer to address a global issue is very dislikeable to me.
It'd be like making a Killer that is only very good at stopping DS.
Sure, that's gone now, but now you're a Trapper without Bear Traps and they still got Dead Hard, Sprint Burst, Self Care, (pallet) loops, genrush etc.
I love the Pig myself, I'm a Freddy main too and I get a lot of the issues you guys are bringing up. I think I said in another post that some really good objectives could be repairing the power cord from the Gen to the Door would be cool or maybe besides repairing Gens we also have a completely new thing to do to get out and it switches which one we have to do every match. Maybe this match is Gens and another match is building a fire to open a portal out or both? Maybe the exit gate is rusty lol better get some oil to grease those gears eh?
Pig is one of the examples who gets genrushed so easily.
She has no map control and no tools to help her during chase.
The most funniest thing is that she even loses time if she tries to ambush
does she stop the genrush?
nope.
they completely failed in that point.
Ummm. she's actually one of the strongest gen control killers in the game if not "The strongest". Not sure what pig you're playing but I control the pace of the game. If I had any other killer in my hands outside of nurse and hag who force pressure in an area and are constantly mobile in key zones sure you can do a bit of gen control with them. But hands down, Pig can freeze a game at 3 gens left. Thats probably the most common point in the game where I can lock people, 6 jigsaw boxes will crawl the game, double time on jigsaw box searches will crawl the game, multi traps will crawl the game. You're not going to stall the game as wraith....
So im incredibly confused as to all these people saying pig gets gen rushed....bad players? I dunno. Rank 1 through 5 I don't have any issues with gens...
Now as much as I love the idea of the OP I have to agree. Designing a killer around gen control to stop a core problem of the game is a bandaid, but I disagree that perk power is a bandaid because it at least gives that access to quality of life to all killers. But at the same time, if you choose not to carry that perk, you face a large core problem in the game.
That being said though, there is a category of killers that do specialize in gen control to varying degrees. Doc and Pig for starters. I do think that characters like these who have an extended grasp on gen control and forcing objectives or straight locking out objectives like Doc can are good to have in the game. They have strength in those areas and its pretty much their specialty. Knowing these devs if they tilt the design to extend gen control to all killers they may end up "knowing their logic" nerfing the control factor of Doc and Pig which is a pretty gigantic part of their kits.
IMO they should extend gen control to all killers while not touching the kits of Doc or Pig. By raising the objectives possible. Someone before once mentioned a nice idea of having gen parts strewn about the map that you would have to pick up in order to reach 100% gen progression 2 cogs. 1 cog allows 50% gen progress 2 cogs allows 100% gen progress and survivors can see the auras of these cogs all over the map likely within a certain range, maybe like 24 meters, can pick them up and take them back to the gen they're working on, likely having 3 multiplied by the total amount of gens on a map as total cogs spawned on the map. Giving you plenty of opportunities to fix gens while slowing it as survivors search for cog pieces. So even if you had 1 cog on a gen and it progressed to 50% got kicked that kick doesn't remove the cog, it just allows that gen to progress to 50 and then 100%.
But within that same line of thinking there are other aspects of the game that would have to be dealt with that allow survivors to play stealthy enough to get away with picking up the required cogs and get them into gens.
But it would certainly slow down games enough to rework ruin into something else. A lot of moving parts go into reformatting the way gen progress goes, so I don't blame them for keeping it simple and creating killers and perks based around gen control instead of adding more objectives which would force them to rework other perks.
(Is it lazy?) Yes
(Do I blame them?) Not entirely...especially looking at how often they try to add new killers and survivors and rework killers and perks that suck. IMO they should have a giant patch devoted to fixing useless and under performing perks in general.
Being forced to run perks to slow the game down sucks, especially when unreliable
If thats your counter there are perks that make staying separated from your team deadly to everyone on the map. Things like mangled which pretty much stop your self heal. Things like BBQ which pretty much reveal you if you're too far away from your team and the killer. Things like blind which kill your aura reading and make it that much worse to be separated....your counter is setting you up to be countered again. Even with voice coms, staying separate you have to go to that team mate to help them or they die.
Her counter isn't gen rushing, I can go an entire game and win never kicking a single gen. Her counter is loops....like...LOOOONG LOOPS. If you loop her for any extended period of time the game is over, she has to swap focus away from infinite loops or it kills the time she has to trap another person or knock out a person trapped.
I've never had this happen to me, and other pig mains who stylistically play much different than me I've watched, and never seen it happen to them at rank 1. I'm not sure we're playing the same game or if you're in korea somewhere but, it takes time to get 5 gens to 99% in the first place. The time it takes you to chase mask, and hook someone slows down that 5 gens to 99% nonsense. If you have a mask on, the pig gets the benefit from you completing it. If you have the mask on and you continue to do gens you lower the time you have left to get the mask off. And if the pig is sadistic and running extra check time on jigsaw boxes or 6 jigsaw boxes, congratulations, you killed yourself.
"She doesn't slow ######### down"
Smoll brains don't count time. When someone is injured it slows them down from doing gens, thats time they could have spent doing gens. When someone has a clock going (and don't want to die) they end up doing jigsaw boxes thats 1 less person doing gens, thus slowing the game down. If you think the gen progress % from 0 to full is the only aspect of time or even a worry for pig you don't play her enough. I could run perks like ruin, but if I don't have enough masks to keep the rotations of at least 1 to 2 people away from doing gens, you run out, and you may or may not need more. But a pig with already currently existing gen control perks is extremely more powerful than a standard wraith or trapper or freddy or leatherface with 0 in built gen control perks.
It isn't about the % of the gen, it doesn't matter how many gens get done( I don't have to kick a single gen and in some cases its better if I don't and bait the gen hoping someone will complete it, so even if they delay the game and bring all the gens to 99% in hopes that their friends will remove the mask in time that still gives me extra time to kill the entire team masks ticking or not), it doesn't matter if the exit gates open. I can let you open the gates, down people and start another rotation of objectives on top of the gens.
Because you can't leave the exit gates without removing the mask. You can get out through the hatch sure, but 1 to 3 people have to then do another set of objectives and remove their masks to walk out of the exit gate and then hope the last person can evade the killer and leave through the hatch. Again all of this ######### going down as you have a 115% killer downing people injuring people masking people and chasing people off of objectives while they have a death timer going that can be forced to pop, and a killer that isn't exactly easy to evade since you can crouch sprint and MG harder pallets.
So make your choice, either do this gen and start the timer, or leave the gen at 99% and pray I don't kill everyone before you finally decide its time to trigger them, because if you pause for any reason you're essentially giving me even more time to 4k that team, and I don't mind having extra free ruin time going while avoiding tunneling people just to place more masks and put everyone on death hooks. So unless you're looping the ######### out of me you're killing yourself....
I'm actually trying a new build on my Pig, Ruin, Remember Me, Rancor, and i'm currently looking for a 4th perk. Basically I hit my Obsession but don't hook or trap them till there's 1 Gen left, when it pops I can either Mori them or look for the others while they're distracted by their trap.
Never had a game where anyone cared about the traps until everything was 99%.
"Gen" "Rushing"
Maybe you just play her differently. Can you provide footage of such games such that plebs like me can learn from you?
I never know what to do against those genrushing SWF, especially with weak (in my opinion) killers like pig
I don't record my games, but I do snatch clips from streamers I kill who roll SWF. Nothing better than watching yourself from the preys perspective to see where you can manipulate the game and increase your overall presence. Compiling all the screams into a compilation for kicks.
She's not weak. She's a proxy killer, similar to doctor, or hag, or trapper, ala you don't have to be in direct contact with survivors to manipulate them or cause damage. You can capitalize and punish their mistakes, like a chess game. Because you play the role of a psychopath, psychopaths in real life capitalize from predicting human instinct and predicting what people will do. People are predictable, you put a beartrap on a person, and they get unhooked, their immediate instinct is to go for a jigsaw box thats directly near the hook so to a psychopath which get their kicks from control, knowing you will go to the closest box because you're human give me enough time to leave, grab lunch (aka attack another survivor) and come back to you standing at a box dressed up to be killed, right where I want you, even if it means pushing you over to a hook thats further away from where I downed you. Even little psychological games where you purposefully walk a survivor toward a position by placing your body left or right like leading them into an area with no pallets.
Some pig mains like to play direct contact running perks that shorten the chase but the overall game time is unchanged, things like enduring, and brute strength, paired with combat straps and other perks to make sprint a faster tool. I on the other hand like to focus on gimmicks and manipulating the objectives of the game so that survivors have to multi task or focus 1 area or risk death, or focus on being altruistic leaving me with less space to run between my targets. Giving me as much hands free time to spread the chaos around since she's not nurse and lacks the ability to just jump across a map in 2 seconds.
Eventually though I hope to run blind as a gimmick if they'd make third seal not so stupid and work like sloppy butcher it'd be a great time. If they can't see, thats just one less emotional reassurance of victory, they lose hope or get confused. But placing it on a helmet or a hex that can be deleted is too risky. Even with coms deleting a survivors aura reading gives you time, because they have to communicate more, focus on other tasks and they have to be precise, because they need to know exactly which TV you're sprawled out on the ground at in the institute. Every gen rushing groups rolls with 4 toolboxes, your only method to counter spin is bring franklins and grief the ######### out of them. Thano would also be great....if it didn't suck ass.....