Is Hawkins in the line for a graphical update or rework?

Some were saying it's new enough graphically. But it doesn't have the new breakable walls. And seems disliked enough it's in the works for one. But can someone confirm?

Comments

  • I have not heard anything about it but it's almost certainly high on the map rework priority list.

    I would guess however that, in the interests of attempting and usually failing to be percieved as even-handed, and given that The Game is imminent to be reworked in the live build, that a survivor sided map like Haddonfield would be next in line.

  • I am pretty sure they said during a livestream that they weren't planning on working on Hawkins, since graphically it lives up to what they want. I think it was an answer to if other indoor maps would get reworked, after Lery's. You do have a point about Breakable Walls though

  • It's so sad, they just create a never-ending cycle for themselves with constant terrible maps lmao.

    Midwich is the latest map to the game, and it's completely horrendous. Can't wait for that to get reworked in 2 years!

  • I dont think that they rework Hawkins anytime soon. If we go with their current pace, they will probably finished the Reworks with the next Midchapter-Patch. Currently, 4 older Realms are missing: Swamp, Coldwind, Haddonfield and Red Forest. Those will 100% come before Hawkins, since Hawkins is more up to date than those Realms.

    If we think about two Realms per Patch, they will do two of them for Chapter 19 and two more for the Midchapter. This means that the Anniversary (and the Chapter around that time) will have finished with all Maps basically reworked, except for Hawkins, which is only missing the breakable Walls.

    I think this would be a good finish point, because then they can focus on new Maps again, meaning that they will be able to bring out a new Map with the Anniversary Chapter. If Hawkins will receive a Rework after that, possibly, but I would not bet on that one. But I am 100% sure that the 4 Realms mentioned have higher priority.

  • I don't see how they can rework Hawkins any more than this. It already looks accurate with a lot of details and Easter eggs

  • Hawking is aesthetically good IMO. If you're talking balance-wise, it may have its issues, but I think it was a good addition to the game.

  • I feel like the wooden breakable walls wouldn't fit with the Hawkins lab aesthetic. It would be cool if they added rusty metallic breakable walls or at least tried to make them match the maps.

    Probably won't happen though. Makes me think of how awkward the red lockers look inside the Temple of Purgation.