Do you wish that interactions would be more interactive?

Interactions such as repairing generators, healing survivors and unlocking chests were more interactive? I know skill checks are a thing, I think they are great towards newer players.

But I wish interactions such as listed above were more interactive. I don't really have any idea towards making them more interactive but if you have, leave them down below! I have played F13, that game has its own kind of skill check. I felt like they aren't as friendly towards newer players as this game are. However, I still wish they were more interactive either way.

Comments

  • As someone who really likes the idea of "microgames" and think they're underused in game design (Among Us is a great example of how they can be used) I don't think it fits Dead by Daylight.

    The main reason is because Dead by Daylight is essentially a gamesense/prediction game at its core. Any microgames that temporarily distract you from the core experience would compromise that IMO.

  • I’d rather they keep them the way they are right now because I want the new player experience to be good and having all these weird interactive elements would get pretty confusing

  • I like the idea because holding M1 is boring but I think it would cause more harm than good. New players would complain and the devs cater to them. The bigger issue I see is stealth killers. If your focused on a minigame, your not moving your camera to see if someone is sneaking up on you. Myers, GF, Pig, anyone running Tinkerer would get a lot of free grabs.

  • @Lexilogo said:

    As someone who really likes the idea of "microgames" and think they're underused in game design (Among Us is a great example of how they can be used) I don't think it fits Dead by Daylight.

    The main reason is because Dead by Daylight is essentially a gamesense/prediction game at its core. Any microgames that temporarily distract you from the core experience would compromise that IMO.

    I had an idea for this, where the survivors would have a button to look away to find the killer, but it would pause the action.

  • @AggressiveFTW said:

    Interactions such as repairing generators, healing survivors and unlocking chests were more interactive? I know skill checks are a thing, I think they are great towards newer players.

    But I wish interactions such as listed above were more interactive. I don't really have any idea towards making them more interactive but if you have, leave them down below! I have played F13, that game has its own kind of skill check. I felt like they aren't as friendly towards newer players as this game are. However, I still wish they were more interactive either way.

    I would be ok with f13 skill checks in dbd it would give techintion good value and you would be able to get off it without blowing up and the skill checks can have between 3to 5 spots to hit

  • I think it'd be interesting if they adjusted speeds of interactions based on direction you were facing. So if you're not looking at what you're doing it would take longer and your skill checks would be more difficult than when you're looking at what you're doing. Also if they had it be more team oriented - instead of speed increase working on gen together you get it by having a teammate hold flashlight on the gen. If teammate uses flashlight to blind killer the battery dies faster than it would when helping to light gen -this way teammate choose faster gens or blinding killer.