The "Mr X/Pennywise" Problem.

A few days ago I got into a discussion about how the weaknesses and limitations of killers (not in gameplay but as a character) don't matter. This really stood out to me as the big issue with people who don't understand why killers like Pennywise or Nemesis can't be added to the game. Some people are so adamant to have Mr X added to the game that they forget to picture him being stunned by a 6 inch thick pallet of wood. Some people in the community don't understand the reason why killers like Freddy and Demogorgon work in the game and characters like Pinhead and Nemesis don't. I really would like to clear this up if anyone is confused about this.

Comments

  • @DrStone said:

    This again ...

    Sometimes I wish there wouldn't be any lore to the game because maybe then people would stop saying things like "PenNyWiSe CaNT be ADdED To THe GAmE" or something.

    I just want the Smash of horror. And Dbd is giving it to me. I really don't care how the Entity drags Pennywise into the realm, I just wanna see it and other famous killers in the game.

    I think you could make everything fit lorewise, this post is just full of excuses.

  • @Mastatoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1925020#Comment_1925020

    This guy just said that Jason Vorhees wouldn't fit as a killer. Absolutely no credibility coming from you pal. Jason is pretty much as powerful as Myers, some might even say weaker, so i don't think you know what you're talking about.

    I say that this individual knows absolutely nothing of the slasher genre and even more to incinuate that Jason in Dead by Daylight is exaggerated, but is it not exaggerated to see a murderer dressed as chicken in DbD? Obviously any slasher fits only that people don't want them for personal reasons. Above all Jason is known as the king of slashers and should be in this game.

  • @Dito175 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2147297#Comment_2147297

    I think you could make everything fit lorewise, this post is just full of excuses.

    Exactly.


    Even with Pennywise you could write it off as the Entity striking a deal with that cosmic being. Or capturing some weak form of It (The Loser's Club was able to defeat Pennywise so why couldn't the Entity). Idk so many options.

  • @Jarol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2147216#Comment_2147216

    I say that this individual knows absolutely nothing of the slasher genre and even more to incinuate that Jason in Dead by Daylight is exaggerated, but is it not exaggerated to see a murderer dressed as chicken in DbD? Obviously any slasher fits only that people don't want them for personal reasons. Above all Jason is known as the king of slashers and should be in this game.

    Technically not the first (very close, but that would be Myers. The case could even be made for Robert Mitchum in Night of the Hunter, who on a personal level I would love to see in this game but in all realistic practicality has no business being in it), but Jason is easily the most iconic of the classic slashers. I hope that with the collapse of the F13 game BHVR will be able to snag him someday, but the very reason for that collapse makes such a thing sadly unlikely.

    As for Pennywise there's no reason he couldn't be in Dead By Daylight. The Entity saw that it was a powerful cosmic being that preyed on fear to make its human feasts more tasty, and offered it as much food as it could eat as long as it decided on a single form so that The Entity couldn't be tricked by it. Boom, there's an easy story right there (I'm not saying the best, I'm just saying that coming up with an excuse to get IT into the game wouldn't be any more difficult than any other character).

  • Most definitely, he is one of the biggest horror movie icons, he would fit really well

  • I would like to point out that in his original appearance in Resident Evil 3 (1999), Nemesis was no larger than the Trapper. He may have even been smaller. He was a couple inches taller than Carlos, one of the playable characters in the game. He was smaller than previous Tyrants in previous games. His size in later entries is a case of flanderization and people forgetting that what made Nemesis stand out from other tyrants was that he was smaller, faster, and more intelligent with more tricks up his sleeve than slowly walking towards you and smashing everything in his way.

  • its a game based off non realistic things lol.....

  • This is a game where a flashlight can completely blind an otherworldly embodiment of guilt and punishment .... through the inch of steel covering his face.

1 2 3 ›