What was your greatest match?
So im writing this full of adrenaline. Its been a while that i had this feeling while playing dbd.
I had a match with a doctor. He decided to camp. So while he chased and then camped the first on to death i did 3 gens and the other survivor one gen. The doctor got his second kill when the last gen was powered.
I tried to open an exit and the other survivor got Noed in his face. Then the doctor started chasing me and i was in Madness 3, so i couldnt pick the other survivor up. He chased me for two minutes around lerys til he got me and hooked me. But he still refused to pick the other one up. I tried to escape and on my last attempt i got the 4% (i have no ideo when this worked for me the last time). One ds later the doctor continued chasing me. But after a while the other survivor died on the floor. The doctor left to close the hatch and i ran to an exit. Opened it close before the doctor arrived and escaped. Partly i wanted to teabag and he would have deserved it, but i couldnt do it. (Doctor was rank 5)
The combination of skill, bad odds and luck made this my greatest match.
What is your greatest match and why?
Comments
I don't know about greatest, but I do have one I enjoyed more than others. This was before EGC was implemented. I was in a match where I was the last survivor. The killer was a huntress. All 5 gens were completed. Both exit gates and the hatch were all relatively close to each other. Killer could literally stand next to hatch and throw axes to hit me at either gate. I kept trying to run and tap the gates a little at a time. I was hoping eventually I would hit one of them enough times to open a gate. I figured forcing the killer to have to guard both the hatch and one gate gave me a chance.
The whole time this killer is sending me messages telling me I may as well give up because they will get me eventually. This went on for maybe 10 or 15 minutes. The more time that went by the more angry the messages became. Finally the killer was able to hit me with a couple of axes and take me down. They hung me right next to the hatch. After hooking me the killer took a few steps away and turned their back to me. My first hook escape attempt worked. I landed right next to the hatch. The killer wasn't able to react in time to stop my exit. While it definitely wasn't a skilled escape it was very likely my most satisfying one.
I wish you could choose to have endgame collapse switched on or off in customs just to have fun hatch standoffs.
It was back in 2017 or 2018 I think (basically really long time ago), during the period of DBD when you had to do 2 gens for the hatch to even spawn, it didn't spawn unless 2 gens were done even if all other survivors were dead.
I was playing Ace and 10s into the match, 3 surviors instanly DCed and I was left alone with 2 gens to do for hatch to spawn. As I'm extremely opposed to DCing under almost any conditions and I wasn't in a mood to DC that day, I decided I'll give it my best, it was a match vs Myers at rank 1 on one of the corn maps before patch 2.7. but I don't know which patch it was since it's been ages.
I managed to outsealth the Myers, creating bait gens to make him look for me there and did a first gen luckily without any close encounter with him. Then I started to work on another gen to make it into a bait a but see a peak of Myers head through the corn. He comes to my area and starts to search extremely close to me but I manage to properly use tree in the area and evade him even when he was walking only a few meter from me. He leave and I have enough time to finish that gen.
At that point, hatch is spawned and he's so frustrated that he couldn't find me in like 5 minutes due to my superior stealth skills (and some luck I won't deny that) that he DCs. I never had more tense match that I felt so proud about as that myers wasn't a new killer, he was a rank 1 with a lot of hours, I just managed to outplay him with stealth really hard even againt his extremely small TR.
It was probably the best match I ever had.
While that was my most satisfying escape I would probably choose to play with EGC even if I had the option to disable it. That one instance was probably the only time a hatch standoff wasn't just annoying to me. I usually just sacrificed myself and moved on to the next match rather than spend a long time trying to get the hatch before EGC. The only reason I did differently in this particular match was because of the messages I was getting from the killer.
Probably not my greatest, but my personal favorite frome ach side would be the time once the gates were powered and it was only myself and one other guy left we both were on our first hooka nd each used deliverance. I 99 a gate and the trapper downs me then places a trap in front of the switch and rushes off to look for the other guy (I like to imagine the obsession from ds acted as a deterrent, but realistically he probably thought I was taken care of and wanted to rush the other guy since he was caught camping the hatch when he got hooked). I moved a little to avoid bugging into the trap, since I was using no mither, and I revived myself then disarmed the trap and tapped open the gate. I stood inside with dead hard ready and teabgagged him before he hit me into falling into an escape and the other guy got away too. That was probably my favorite match as a survivor since i had spent a while that night trying to pull off the perfect toxic survivor game like that.
My personally favorite match as killer was against a 3 man swf, and calm spirit was in play against myself as doctor against an annoying clicky body blocking try and constantly revive and hook block each other team. I killed the pickup, then let all three bleed out in the end, keeping their bleeding spaced out so that theys pent more than 4 minutes thinking they were gonna save each other and screw with me. I need to add they didn't care about generators iirc it was mostly the random that seemed to gaf about actually playing the game properly. I sat and watched them bleed with some overlap, took about 8 or 9 minutes between the 3 I think but I did not look at a clock or keep track of it. I just enjoyed wasting as much of their time and controlling their experience as much as they'd intended of my own. What goes around, comes around. Do unto others as they would have done unto you.
"Fools. Ha, ha. The three of you may have overpowered me with the loss of but one! Now your fate... will be HIS!" - The Shredder
I don't really keep track but one in particular still stands out. Was against Pyramid Head. He decided to chase the Dwight, who outran the hell out of him. He only caught Dwight after we got down to 1 Gen, hooked him. Upon unhooking him, we found out killer was just proxy camping and came immediately back, only to get on the injured Dwight again. Clearly he was mad and wanted Dwight dead. So the chase began again, and every time he was about to catch Dwight, one of us other survivors would come and intercept the swing, taking a hit and slowing the killer down so Dwight could gain more distance. We'd heal up and repeat. Eventually Dwight got away and I healed him up while Killer was forced to go on some one else.
Did the remaining gen, only downside was killer caught 1 of the other 2 teammates, we tried to save them but turned out that the person hooked was the only one with BT, and killer was just waiting to get the double tap upon unhook and immediately down the unhooked player again. It was basically useless. So we had to get out and we barely got the EG powered in time, as PH came towards us & forced us out.
The guy w/ BT was forced to die on hook so that was -1
The Feng Min that really didnt do much all game besides gen rush (she didnt help the Dwight out at all) was injured from trying to go for a save on the BT hooked teammate, and she was caught as she was running to the EG.
So me and Dwight got out, it felt really good since we were all solo players. Only downside was we lost the guy on hook b/c he did his best to help Dwight just like I did.
But we rubbed it in the PH's face at the end for sure. Cause it was just pathetic. We even stood in front of PH in between him and Dwight and he'd just go right by us, full tunnel vision on Dwight. He musta really hated Dwight players or something, lol.
I have one as killer and one as survivor
The killer one is on my YT... Dead by Daylight: Pig on Ironworks... Funny ending (rasavage42)
the survivor one was against a Wraith where I 4% off of hook and was able to open the other door and leave with a second to spear on EGC
was it a rogue spear?
What do you mean?
Nevermind my old eyes have failed me, you meant spare.
Oh... Ok