Is it just me or do people hate haddonfield in general

Like this map just sucks I hate it as killer because of the buildings and i hate it as survivor because it's just straight paths it is literally feels like midwich with 1 floor if your playing a m1 killer your not going to have fun because you hold forward drop a pallet run to a building and repeat

(This is just a rant bad game with a huntress with insta hatchets so couldn't dodge because of straight paths)

Comments

  • 4wy7t7.jpg

    All the homies hate Haddonfield.

  • Haddonfield just stinks. It's big first of all but the gens themselves are also often hard to reach behind a house or on a second floor. Mobility killers can still get a round easily but reaching the gens are still difficult unless you're Nurse. And it's near impossible for stealth killers. The loops known to be properly used a survivor will never get touched. And not to mention the top floor negates Spirit and Twins.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's a pretty boring map. Unfortunately I don't have high hopes considering that Badham (which has the same problems as Haddonfield) barely got changed gameplay-wise.

    I mean the closed buildings they could make them like a little maze being quicker to get around the instead of haveing to check the perimeter to find that cluadet in a Bush

  • There's literally nothing good about it. I made a list of the issues I have with it:

    • Great fences of china
    • Great hedges of china
    • Unsafe pallets so you're forced to use windows (aside from the few god pallets)
    • These same windows are completely overpowered and take no skill to use making them feel boring to use
    • Lots of W gaming potential
    • Gens are hard to find
    • Playing survivor is unfun on that map due to reasons above
    • Massive map for killer
    • Lots of buildings makes your pathing inefficient, hence why it feels bigger than it already is.
    • Gens in hard to reach places
    • Said gens are in safe spots as there's usually a broken window nearby
    • House of pain windows
    • (The most broken one) Main building window next to basement is literally an infinite
    • Map just looks ugly and cluttered

    Now here's only 4 upsides I can think of:

    • Some gens have blocked parts, forcing only a 1 man gen
    • Survivors who want to win would obviously like this map
    • There is 1 certain building that can be a bit unsafe for survivors upstairs
    • You can parkour on top of cars as high lunge killers like demo.

    This map is the worst map both in terms of design and balance.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    There's literally nothing good about it. I made a list of the issues I have with it:

    • Great fences of china
    • Great hedges of china
    • Unsafe pallets so you're forced to use windows (aside from the few god pallets)
    • These same windows are completely overpowered and take no skill to use making them feel boring to use
    • Lots of W gaming potential
    • Gens are hard to find
    • Playing survivor is unfun on that map due to reasons above
    • Massive map for killer
    • Lots of buildings makes your pathing inefficient, hence why it feels bigger than it already is.
    • Gens in hard to reach places
    • Said gens are in safe spots as there's usually a broken window nearby
    • House of pain windows
    • (The most broken one) Main building window next to basement is literally an infinite
    • Map just looks ugly and cluttered

    Now here's only 4 upsides I can think of:

    • Some gens have blocked parts, forcing only a 1 man gen
    • Survivors who want to win would obviously like this map
    • There is 1 certain building that can be a bit unsafe for survivors upstairs
    • You can parkour on top of cars as high lunge killers like demo.

    This map is the worst map both in terms of design and balance.

    Yea I will give credit it was their 2ad dlcs map but plz fix

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    There's literally nothing good about it. I made a list of the issues I have with it:

    • Great fences of china
    • Great hedges of china
    • Unsafe pallets so you're forced to use windows (aside from the few god pallets)
    • These same windows are completely overpowered and take no skill to use making them feel boring to use
    • Lots of W gaming potential
    • Gens are hard to find
    • Playing survivor is unfun on that map due to reasons above
    • Massive map for killer
    • Lots of buildings makes your pathing inefficient, hence why it feels bigger than it already is.
    • Gens in hard to reach places
    • Said gens are in safe spots as there's usually a broken window nearby
    • House of pain windows
    • (The most broken one) Main building window next to basement is literally an infinite
    • Map just looks ugly and cluttered

    Now here's only 4 upsides I can think of:

    • Some gens have blocked parts, forcing only a 1 man gen
    • Survivors who want to win would obviously like this map
    • There is 1 certain building that can be a bit unsafe for survivors upstairs
    • You can parkour on top of cars as high lunge killers like demo.

    This map is the worst map both in terms of design and balance.

    I agree with most of it but gens are hard to find??? The gens are very easy to find. The spawns are very predictable.

  • Aesthetically I love it on both sides.

    It just has some bad loops that need fixing is all.

  • I used to hate Haddonfield.

    I still dont like it today.

    But since the devs got addicted to indoor maps...

    ...it is just simply okay...

  • Lore-wise and as a heavy Halloween fan, I love it. Actually playing it tends to suck no matter what side I play. I think it's the single street. I wish the layout was more like say, Whittleton Creek from Hitman 2. Instead of 1 street, have a total of 5, 4 making a box, with a 5th running through the middle. Roughly the same number of houses, but laid out in a more interesting base pattern. No idea how feasible it would be, but I think it would work.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    Lore-wise and as a heavy Halloween fan, I love it. Actually playing it tends to suck no matter what side I play. I think it's the single street. I wish the layout was more like say, Whittleton Creek from Hitman 2. Instead of 1 street, have a total of 5, 4 making a box, with a 5th running through the middle. Roughly the same number of houses, but laid out in a more interesting base pattern. No idea how feasible it would be, but I think it would work.

    I wonder of it would be possible to get multiple variants of that map so one could be haddon feild and one could be witton creek ect ect