Bleed Out Mechanic

Do you hate it when people Slug just so people can get a 4k and you know the other random is sitting on the hatch just screaming in his mind "JUST DIE ALREADY!!!"? Fret not. Introducing Bleed Out. if a survivor is in the dying state for 30 seconds after the downing animation is finished a prompt will show up that will allow you to bleed out faster. The time that this will take for the prompt to appear will get shorter with how much is left on the bleeding timer accordingly: 30 seconds when over %75, 15 when at or below %75, 7 seconds at %50 or lower, instant prompt once it reaches %25 or lower. Once the button is held down, the bleeding rate increases tremendously since i don't know what the percentage would be for the bleeding speed but let's just say you'll bleed out in about 5 seconds or so.

Comments

  • No, if a SWF wants to give the hatch to their buddy, let them take de DC penalty. Killers shouldn't be punished by doing well

  • I hate being slugged but it's just part of the game. We have perks to counter it but honestly it doesn't happen that often so if I don't have a perk then I'll just recover and go on my phone for a couple of mins till I either get picked up or bleed out.

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    No, if a SWF wants to give the hatch to their buddy, let them take de DC penalty. Killers shouldn't be punished by doing well

    I play both sides and I think it's fine. If I wanted it to be stupidly overpowered then I would have NO timer on it they could just press the bleed out button as soon as they hit the ground.

  • Just reduce the Bleedout timer to two minutes.

    Same length as both hook states.

    Four minutes is way too long in the current state of the game.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    I hate being slugged but it's just part of the game. We have perks to counter it but honestly it doesn't happen that often so if I don't have a perk then I'll just recover and go on my phone for a couple of mins till I either get picked up or bleed out.

    I wish i knew that before... i wasted quite a bit of my time because of it.

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917389#Comment_1917389

    I play both sides and I think it's fine. If I wanted it to be stupidly overpowered then I would have NO timer on it they could just press the bleed out button as soon as they hit the ground.

    I too play both sides, and I know it sucks to be left to bleed. But it sucks even more when one survivor kill themselves on hook just so you find the hatch with the remaining survivor butt dancing there before jumping in. Slug is the only option so this doesn't happen.

    If they rework the hatch mechanic, then I'm all for it. But for now, I disagree with you

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917407#Comment_1917407

    I wish i knew that before... i wasted quite a bit of my time because of it.

    You're welcome

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917408#Comment_1917408

    I too play both sides, and I know it sucks to be left to bleed. But it sucks even more when one survivor kill themselves on hook just so you find the hatch with the remaining survivor butt dancing there before jumping in. Slug is the only option so this doesn't happen.

    If they rework the hatch mechanic, then I'm all for it. But for now, I disagree with you

    Then what would you recommend? I just thought having a choice in a matter would be Fun.

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917480#Comment_1917480

    Then what would you recommend? I just thought having a choice in a matter would be Fun.

    I honestly don't know in the current state, I don't think hatch is needed anymore. If it was for me, as soon as there's one survivor left EGC should start, no free escapes, then it wouldn't matter if the slugged one chose to die or not.

  • @Nosferatu3145 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917504#Comment_1917504

    I honestly don't know in the current state, I don't think hatch is needed anymore. If it was for me, as soon as there's one survivor left EGC should start, no free escapes, then it wouldn't matter if the slugged one chose to die or not.

    Then we wouldn't be able to have 1 on 1 practice in custom as a thing anymore if that was a thing.

  • That would be great. Could have it be once you reach "find help" you can speed up bleed out. Hook is 2 minutes and you can speed up the time, bleed out is twice as long at 4 minutes with no way to speed it up.

  • As killer, I always hook/cage/kill my survivors.

    Not immediately, but I never let them just bleed out.

    I do my best to keep in mind that there are other players who want to enjoy the game, too. It's hard though. Survivors can be really mean sometimes. But I still try.

  • @bm33 said:

    That would be great. Could have it be once you reach "find help" you can speed up bleed out. Hook is 2 minutes and you can speed up the time, bleed out is twice as long at 4 minutes with no way to speed it up.

    This. This is what i like to hear. if you can do it on hook then why not while slugged?