New Killer-- Is This Normal?

Hello hello!

I have been playing this game for awhile now and every time I do well in a match, the Entity decides to absolutely obliterate me by doing stuff like this...

81cf6b7d-6e8a-4a76-861a-737771868d6f.jpg

Is it normal for people in lower ranks to be matched with red ranks? I guess it doesn't really matter, but they certainly are more experienced than I am lol :)! Thanks!

Comments

  • Unfortunately, yes, this is normal.

  • To be fair, I've seen survivors at red ranks who have 110 hours into the game. Basically Rank doesn't mean anything. On the plus side, you got a 2k. Which in my personal opinion is a even match and how most matches should go.

  • @DarKaron said:

    Unfortunately, yes, this is normal.

    Dang, I just had a match with a bunch of flashlight clickers and 360s and found out they're my level?!? I must suck lol! But yeah, I'll have to get used to it and get better. Thank you :)!

  • @mouse0270 said:

    To be fair, I've seen survivors at red ranks who have 110 hours into the game. Basically Rank doesn't mean anything. On the plus side, you got a 2k. Which in my personal opinion is a even match and how most matches should go.

    Oh, thank you! I used to hate killing people but now if they're cocky or trying to out mindgame me I take it as a fun challenge lol! And yes, I just discovered rank isn't a big factor in this when I went against hardcore low ranks, but I'm pretty sure they were smurfs... Either way it's ggs all around :)!

  • Normal, yes, but only because it’s too common. It’s not meant to work this way.

    My guess is that those red ranks had been waiting for a lobby for 10-15 minutes. Matchmaking gradually expands its search to ranks further and further from their own.....and the you drew the lucky straw!

  • @yobuddd said:

    Normal, yes, but only because it’s too common. It’s not meant to work this way.

    My guess is that those red ranks had been waiting for a lobby for 10-15 minutes. Matchmaking gradually expands its search to ranks further and further from their own.....and the you drew the lucky straw!

    Yayyyyy!!! I get outplayed a lot but I'm here for fun lol :)! And good to know, I'll keep that info handy

  • Yes it is, could have been friends teaching friends.. only way you get that luxury is if you go into KYF with someone as killer..

  • Lately it has been unfortunately

    If it makes you feel better, as a Red Rank Killer it sucks just as much getting the rainbows. Curb stomping the hell out of noob survivors isn't all that much fun...

  • Trial by fire.

    You can face rank 17s when you get to rank 1.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Lately it has been unfortunately

    If it makes you feel better, as a Red Rank Killer it sucks just as much getting the rainbows. Curb stomping the hell out of noob survivors isn't all that much fun...

    I can barely curb stomp the lil gremlin, let alone rainbow ranks!! I will do my best to get used to it and adapt lol :)!