Camping nerf idea:

As a survivor, camping killers are so unfun to go against. So I have thought of a "fair" balanced change.

  • As soon as a survivor is hooked, the killer has 15 seconds to move 12 meters away from the hook.
  • If the killer stays within 12 meters from the hook after 15 seconds, they'll not get an "Emblem" from the category.
  • If the killer stays within 12 meters from the hook after 15 seconds, the survivor will not de-pip.
  • This effect ends when there is 2 gens remaining.


15 seconds might seem quite long but some killers has to "Trap" the basement like "Hag", "Trapper" , and "Demogorgon". Also huntress with "Restocking her hatchets from lockers".

(If it's a stealth killer, the 12 meters also applies).

I have de-piped before from the killer playing unfair, however with this new change that will not happen.

I want the killer to get punished for camping so I made it where the killer would get "No emblem" for camping.

I do want to make this game just slightly more balanced so I made it where the effect ends when survivors do 3 gens. If a survivor do 3 gens then I would say there "Efficient". Killers do need "Pressure" and I understand this so that's why I made it like that.

Comments

  • Slight condition change that I'd like, if the killer is in a chase it doesn't apply.

    Otherwise this is actually a good idea. It punishes the killer due to playing like such, and the survivor gets to keep their rank, while also understanding that later in the game (especially during egc) the killer sometimes needs to camp to get a kill.

  • I am a survivor main, however I understand every killer term and I respect the way that they play. I don't like when killer camp or tunnel so I need a change for that as well.

  • post 3562 with the exact same idea that will get the exact same "survivors can abuse it" nonsense the devs once claimed reply and will then die until post 3563 comes along which will be the exact same.

  • @BioX said:

    post 3562 with the exact same idea that will get the exact same "survivors can abuse it" nonsense the devs once claimed reply and will then die until post 3563 comes along which will be the exact same.

    Survivors can't abuse this idea, if they can then can you tell me. I'm not a lightweight, I will make this idea full-proof.

  • @REL1_C said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1913700#Comment_1913700

    Survivors can't abuse this idea, if they can then can you tell me. I'm not a lightweight, I will make this idea full-proof.

    its not that I think it, its just the same crap people on the forums like to spout and weirdly believeing/trusting the devs on this front.

    Would not call them incompetent but I do remember a certain Huntress Hatchet hitbox rework in the past....