is the rift working as intended?
Look I dont want to speak for everyone, and fact is that there are still about 30 - 40k players on steam at any given time so maybe im the weird one here BUT:
In Warframe, they added a similair thing to the rift a while ago called nightwaves, now you cant buy your way through that one so maybe that is already where I got my answer BUT:
In warframe the idea behind it is to give players something to do, to make them come back and play a bit hopefully every day but there is almost zero pressure as you have pleeeeenty of time to do the objectives so its just something extra to work towards while you play the game.
In DBD however the grind is real, there is pressure, I feel I have to play the game an ungodly amount to reach the end in time and the result is just a complete burn out, I have not touched dbd since I finished the last rift and I wont touch it probably until the next one starts, which yeah is decent down time but....does this mean that this game's rift and warframes "rift" have a completely different point to them?
If the rift was not this grindy I would probably play the game relaxed every day instead of playing an unresonable amount and then just be burned out and honestly kinda hating the game (more then usual that is) and thus not playing at all.
Comments
The last rift was more grindy then the rift before. So apparently the intention is to make you grind .
Battlepass has never been something "to give players something to do."
It has always been about getting people to fork money over.
In DBD the rift is a tedious grind meant to force you to complete (and potentially buy) the battlepass. The main way to progress in the Battlepass is to do rift challenges. Ad because the battlepass is timelimited, this gives you intense pressure to finish it.
In Warframe Nightwaves is extra objectives, if they "expire" they are put in reserve and you can do them at your leisure. That's why you feel a lot less pressure.
I feel the same way. Since I completed the rift I haven't played much either. I just feel burnt out after finally completing it. I don't know what the answer is to fix it either. I used to always want to play a match or two every day but now while between rifts, i don't want to touch it.
Even though nightwave gave the players credits to buy mods/potatoes/cosmetic helmets from the store, it wasnt enough to keep me playing after the 2 days it takes to complete the challenges. Warframe is just too braindead after you've gone down the check list of things to do and see.
Battle passes are hardly ever worth it imo. In dbd, it's just trash charms and mostly hand-me-down cosmetics.
Its still better having the rift than not. I dont agree with all rift challenges some imo promote bad play/toxic behaviour but before the rift grinding BP was even harder. Its not perfect but its better than without
That depends. Some people get burnt out because of the rift. When they would have been happily playing the game at a much more casual pace if they weren't stressed out trying to finish it.
Suppose it depends on the person. I'm not bothered about cosmetics and charms so the need to complete has never been there for me. Its the BP that's valuable to me because I'm trying to get every killer max perked. It helps the BP grind but if you want all the cosmetics charms etc I can see why you'd burn out. I still think its better than before although as I said some challenges can promote bad play/toxicity