So... Is hit validation turned on?
Because I can't really tell... If it is or not.
I heard it was turned on.
Because I can't really tell... If it is or not.
I heard it was turned on.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Hit validation does nothing.
Change my mind.
Why changing your mind when your mind is right?
It does absolutely nothing. You can VPN from the EU to Australia when playing killer and not a single hit gets rejected at 300 ping. I don't know what paramaters they set, but maybe they simply want to validate hits for aliens connecting from Jupiter's moons.
I really want someone to try to make the argument that hit validation is working. I just really want to hear it ๐๐๐
Yes it is turned on
No it doesn't work
No bhvr will not be discussing the matter further
It IS working, I see some rare occasions where the Killer is going for really ambitious swings, which means that they think I am closer than I am. But this happens like once every 20 Games.
Hit Validation does really just a tiny bit. But it is so generous that it will not do anything for over 90% of the time. (But thats what you get if you want to have Dedicated Servers without the option to provide quite huge populations fo players without a Server nearby... then Hit Validition has to be practically useless, if you dont want those players to get "robbed" of Hits all the time)
Hit validation is a myth. You still get hit 20 feet away.