What if DBD took inspiration from RE: Resistance?
As we all know, perk strength has always been and will always be a hot topic amongst the community, however I believe that RE: Resistance managed to handle this problem well in relation to their version of "perks".
In RE: Resistance, all characters were given "equipment" to choose from, with some equipment being different tiers of one ability (like in dbd). However, a player was unable to equip the strongest tier of each ability they wanted due to the fact that:
"Each equipment costs a certain amount of "Equipment Points". Characters can not use more equipment if the total Equipment Points cost goes beyond their Equipment Point limit. The same equipment can not be used more than once."
What if dbd introduced their own version of this? Allowing players to only equip perks (giving players the choice of perk tier as well) that when combined, cost a maximum of X perk points? Thoughts on an addition such as this?
Comments
I dunno. I liked the idea of equipment but, like, RE: Resistance was such an unbalanced mess, due in part to some of the equipment.
More specifically being able to stack the best equipment's different tiers with eachother, unless they removed that after I left the game.
It might work, but it wouldn't work out the exact same since you have to put BP into every character instead of opening chests to unlock them for everyone.
This would a lot of builds that I run no longer usable, even if not great.
You'd most likely get like 6 points.
Non-teachable perks would cost 1 point.
Teachables would cost 1/2/3 points depending on if they were earned at level 30/35/40.
This would make my build of Better Together/Bond, Prove Thyself, Streetwise, and Leader go 3 points over the limit, and it isn't even powerful; it's just a good team boost build.
Also, considering RE: Resistance flopped, it would probably be better to take very little, if anything at all.
I would love to see a system like that as long as they don't arbitrarily assign the point costs in the way Detailed is worried about. It would need to be hand-picked for each perk.
Maybe if the game is really balanced it could be tested but until then no I would be ok tho if the survivors had cheesy voice lines and special animations like the killers do