Is tampered timer a fair add-on? (Pls vote only if you have experience in game)
This is the add-on :
Tampered Timer is a Very Rare Jigsaw's Baptism Add-on . Add-on descriptions may vary from in-game descriptions for reasons explained here.Add-ons support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.On mobile browsers, the values are displayed in small text after the modifier words. Desktop users experiencing issues with the mouse-over may temporarily switch to mobile view at the bottom of an Article page.
In some maps if combined with sketch :
Jigsaws Sketch is a Very Rare Jigsaw's Baptism Add-on . Add-on descriptions may vary from in-game descriptions for reasons explained here.Add-ons support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.On mobile browsers, the values are displayed in small text after the modifier words. Desktop users experiencing issues with the mouse-over may temporarily switch to mobile view at the bottom of an Article page.
There's a 20% chance of a guaranteed kill. Not counting that pig might force you to waste time because she forces you to go away from the jigsaw box or even chase you for some time
Comments
Oh yea, the RNG that makes this killer the most inconsistent in the game where survivors will get it off in 1-2 boxes generally. Killer needs a rework of all abilities before add-ons can be touched. DBD is also not meant to be fully fair (iri head, inf t3 myers, etc). If you happen to be the 1 in 100 people that get their head blown by this add-on, then well... next game.
You mentioned the pig can chase you for some time, however... that ruins the Pigs game as the player will get gen rushed. In addition to that, your timer STOPS when you are chased or slugged. And if one of your teammates loops the killer to you while you are attempting to get it off, a player SHOULD force you off that box and send you on your way with your timer.
Yeah I would say it's fair I've gone against it a lot and you still have time to get to all the boxes, besides half the time I still get it off on my first try. Besides poor lil piggy's got to have some decent add ons most of them are garbage honestly.
Even with Tamered Timer + Jigsaws Sketch, I still don't remember that last time I was killed by a RBT.
Jigsaw sketch increases the timer duration, too. I rarely get RBT kills unless they just give up. I’ve only gotten two RBT kills once (oddly enough I was doing a sacrifice challenge. .. :(). It is a good add on, mostly because it increased the time wasted.
I don’t run tampered timer that much because I rarely see hats on for more than a minute anyway. I’d rather run combat straps or videotape. Even the blinding add on I find way more useful.
As an addendum, Pig doesn’t have time to patrol gens AND jigsaw boxes.
Is it fair? I don't think so.
But honestly? Let Pig have it. Her power is so unreliable and RNG based that honestly let her have it. Maybe one day, if the devs decide to give her some love and make her less RNG-reliant, we can talk about changing these add-ons. Maybe.
Even with the reduced timer, RBT kills almost never happen unless the Pig is actively trying to make them happen, at which point she's basically throwing the game.
Despite the fact they do. Go watch what Otzdarva says about this add-on in his video. It's been tested, 5 jigsaw boxes and there's a big chance you'll die straight unless you start before the timer is active.
Especially in those big maps such as Mother's Dwelling that are so large that if you start from the basement congrats if you even get to the 5th box.
Pig is just too much rng either everyone can get them off like instantly or nobody gets them off and they all die to them
It is less of the addon and moreover the actual RNG aspect to the Pig's power itself.
Actually that is not true. Only Jigsaw's Annotated Plan increases the timer duration. Jigsaw's Sketch says it only effects the amount of boxes on the map.
I like to combine it with the add-on that hides the auras of the jigsaw boxes until the timer activates.
As survivor, I feel like it's rare for me to have to go through all the boxes to get the traps off. If I get bad RNG now and then, oh well.
Whoops. You are right. I hardly every run these . . . As you can tell.
Yes, I believe this addon is fair. It's very rare to get an RBT kill on a survivor unless the pig is trying to force one to happen which can cause her to throw the game because when a survivor is in a chase with the pig with an active trap, it deactivates until they are out of the chase, which means if the pig doesn't get value out of that chase, she will have wasted an abundance of time.
Yes, it only works well if the other survivors aren't very good at pressuring the killer so the killer can pressure the survivor on the timer.
I mean this may just be me being biased cause I main Pig and absolutely adore her, but she's really weak just inconsistent so her add ons help a little bit. 9 times out of 10 you'll be able to get the trap off. Only time you wouldn't be able to is because of teammates stealing the box you were going too or the killer crouch body blocking you and slugging you whenever you get to a box.
There are some maps where you actually do not have enough time to check the boxes if you end up getting the fourth.
I recently died to this on Gas Heaven and due to the gas station door not being kicked down and a box being on the other side of the car wall, it was not physically possible to check all 4 boxes without getting great on every skill check.
Unless the killer decides to be a douche & chase you and then leave you so you wasted time on your timer, you should never have to end up dying to a RBT, even with these add-ons. This is due to the fact of RNG usually being inconsistent and that if you get to every Jigsaw Box efficiently, you will almost always have enough time.
A simple play-around is to just get the trap off before it activates, and even if you can't I'd say it's definitely rare to still end up dying to one.
This