hit validation btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOujrXn3iF4
also I didn't DC at the end incase you were wondering lmao, but my 57ms ping DEFINITELY wasn't the issue here
also I didn't DC at the end incase you were wondering lmao, but my 57ms ping DEFINITELY wasn't the issue here
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I heard but I have no source that hit validation doesn't kick in until 150+ ms ping from the killer. This killer could have fallen shy of that bracket but still be enough latency between you two to look like that? Purely speculation but that hit should of 100% missed from your perspective and I hope one day this is a thing of the past. We can only hope.
I'll tell you this. Is "hit validation" even a real thing?
30-40ms in game and getting silly hits through pallets and windows. It's impossible all these killers to have better connection than mine.
Just the hits are killer sided, plain and simple.
I was just gonna make a post about hit validation and here it is already! Anyone else notice it got worse? Maybe it has already been bad but it feels much worse today.
I usually have high ping so I expect to be hit from pretty far away but the hits today have been from another planet! I would vault a window, land and see the clown swing not even at the window and I’d still be downed. Something fishy is going on here.
- Killer swings
- server checks the latency between the killer and server
- Server looks back at that time and sees if the survivor's hitbox was intercepted by killers weapon.
- If it was, the server informs both clients of the hit.
- Survivor (already moved from the position) receives the notice of the hit and changes state accordingly.
https://youtu.be/6EwaW2iz4iA