Should map offerings be disabled in a SWF party of a certain size?

I'm kind of getting tired of playing teams who, beyond the obvious advantage of being in comms, also request one of the most OP maps in the game.

I mean, is victory even enjoyable when there's that many variables stacked in your favor? (Obviously they'll also be running at least 2 DS/UB, usually a key and maybe an OoO too if you're lucky. But let's try and limit the discussion to just map offerings for now).

Kinda sick of playing Ormond or Haddonfield.

Comments

  • @DarKaron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1902836#Comment_1902836

    This comment made me laugh openly at work.

    "It's not like playing Killer is hard in general".

    #########, please. If you're saying that, clearly you have yet to see what true suffering is in this game.

    Maybe I am just better than you, if you really have to suffer while playing Killer? DBD is an easy game in general, there is nothing hard about it.

  • Get rid of map offerings entirely. I hate having to spend points in the bloodweb.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1904846#Comment_1904846

    Maybe I am just better than you, if you really have to suffer while playing Killer? DBD is an easy game in general, there is nothing hard about it.

    Perhaps on the Survivor side, it may be simple and easy.

    For Killers, DBD is an entirely different game.

    It's stressful, chaotic, and more often than not, you get players who constantly try to just piss you off by doing dumb, stupid things.

    To say that Killers have no suffrage to pay is just blatantly wrong.

  • @DarKaron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1904849#Comment_1904849

    Perhaps on the Survivor side, it may be simple and easy.

    For Killers, DBD is an entirely different game.

    It's stressful, chaotic, and more often than not, you get players who constantly try to just piss you off by doing dumb, stupid things.

    To say that Killers have no suffrage to pay is just blatantly wrong.

    I play both sides, and both sides are easy. If players try to annoy me, whatever. If they win, whatever, I can easily accept that and dont run to the Forums and complain about something which happened in that one game that I lost, after winning the 5 games before and the 5 games after that game.

    If you are thinking that you are doing anything special when playing Killer or that it is very skillful in general, you are wrong.

    But I dont think a discussion makes sense, since I wont change my mind. I dont think that either side is hard to play, there are games which require far more skill than DBD.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1904852#Comment_1904852

    I play both sides, and both sides are easy. If players try to annoy me, whatever. If they win, whatever, I can easily accept that and dont run to the Forums and complain about something which happened in that one game that I lost, after winning the 5 games before and the 5 games after that game.

    If you are thinking that you are doing anything special when playing Killer or that it is very skillful in general, you are wrong.

    But I dont think a discussion makes sense, since I wont change my mind. I dont think that either side is hard to play, there are games which require far more skill than DBD.

    Don't get me wrong, losing is fine and all, but when people go out of their way to bully you in this game, it tends to suck a lot. This more than anything else is what grinds my gears.

    People who say Killer is easy are just downright wrong, as sucky as it is to say. Competent and skilled Survivors will absolutely smoke you if you don't sweat your ass off.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1904852#Comment_1904852

    I play both sides, and both sides are easy. If players try to annoy me, whatever. If they win, whatever, I can easily accept that and dont run to the Forums and complain about something which happened in that one game that I lost, after winning the 5 games before and the 5 games after that game.

    If you are thinking that you are doing anything special when playing Killer or that it is very skillful in general, you are wrong.

    But I dont think a discussion makes sense, since I wont change my mind. I dont think that either side is hard to play, there are games which require far more skill than DBD.

    Of course both sides are easy. Dbd matchmaking ia the same as playing a shooter only against people who have a 0,× KD. Noob stomping is always easy.

  • @DarKaron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1904856#Comment_1904856

    Don't get me wrong, losing is fine and all, but when people go out of their way to bully you in this game, it tends to suck a lot. This more than anything else is what grinds my gears.

    People who say Killer is easy are just downright wrong, as sucky as it is to say. Competent and skilled Survivors will absolutely smoke you if you don't sweat your ass off.

    "Competent and skilled Survivors will absolutely smoke you if you don't sweat your ass off."

    And this is 100% fair. If the other side plays better, I lose. This is fine by me. And regarding "bullying" - Killers say that they get "bullied" when Gens get done and need a thicker Skin in general, if they are annoyed by someone spamming crouch.

    @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1904856#Comment_1904856

    Of course both sides are easy. Dbd matchmaking ia the same as playing a shooter only against people who have a 0,× KD. Noob stomping is always easy.

    I mean, yeah, most players in Red Ranks are not good, this goes for both sides. Of course the game becomes easy at this point.

    But thats what you get when you make a Rank Reset which does not really reset, everyone gathers in Red Ranks. Yay.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1904852#Comment_1904852

    I play both sides, and both sides are easy. If players try to annoy me, whatever. If they win, whatever, I can easily accept that and dont run to the Forums and complain about something which happened in that one game that I lost, after winning the 5 games before and the 5 games after that game.

    If you are thinking that you are doing anything special when playing Killer or that it is very skillful in general, you are wrong.

    But I dont think a discussion makes sense, since I wont change my mind. I dont think that either side is hard to play, there are games which require far more skill than DBD.

    I mean you are just talking utter rubbish now.

    If you are saying that Killer takes 0 skill, then obviously you could put a 5 year old who doesn't play video games into Otzdarva's chair and he'd stomp all the same teams. Or you could put a rank 20 into his first game and he'd beat a red rank team.

    It's a PVP game, one side wins, and usually it will be due to the skill of those on either side. You just said yourself you will win 5 games in a row, lose one, and win another 5, how are you doing that, if not with skill?

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1904856#Comment_1904856

    I mean you are just talking utter rubbish now.

    If you are saying that Killer takes 0 skill, then obviously you could put a 5 year old who doesn't play video games into Otzdarva's chair and he'd stomp all the same teams. Or you could put a rank 20 into his first game and he'd beat a red rank team.

    It's a PVP game, one side wins, and usually it will be due to the skill of those on either side. You just said yourself you will win 5 games in a row, lose one, and win another 5, how are you doing that, if not with skill?

    "You just said yourself you will win 5 games in a row, lose one, and win another 5, how are you doing that, if not with skill?"

    I dont know, honestly. I am not good at Killer and I only really lose many games if I play a new Killer or someone where I am not really familiar with (like Nurse, Oni or Deathslinger, which are all strong Killers on their own).

    And yes, Killer is hardER than Survivor, but not hard by any means.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1904905#Comment_1904905

    "You just said yourself you will win 5 games in a row, lose one, and win another 5, how are you doing that, if not with skill?"

    I dont know, honestly. I am not good at Killer and I only really lose many games if I play a new Killer or someone where I am not really familiar with (like Nurse, Oni or Deathslinger, which are all strong Killers on their own).

    And yes, Killer is hardER than Survivor, but not hard by any means.

    So you're basically claiming you can win 10 games out of 11 as a Killer, and you're saying that Killer is harder than survivor. So I suppose this means if you find survivor easier (and you obviously find Killer very easy), then you must escape pretty much every match.

    So either you've got 4000 hours on the game and are now claiming it takes no skill (unaware that maybe over 4000 hours, you acquired skill), or maybe you're playing in some other region to me which is full of potatoes. I'm playing at around rank 7 on the EU servers and its basically either constant sweat squads, or potatoes. I have only been playing the game for a few months, so I can hardly expect to win every game, but this game is not easy.

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1904921#Comment_1904921

    So you're basically claiming you can win 10 games out of 11 as a Killer, and you're saying that Killer is harder than survivor. So I suppose this means if you find survivor easier (and you obviously find Killer very easy), then you must escape pretty much every match.

    So either you've got 4000 hours on the game and are now claiming it takes no skill (unaware that maybe over 4000 hours, you acquired skill), or maybe you're playing in some other region to me which is full of potatoes. I'm playing at around rank 7 on the EU servers and its basically either constant sweat squads, or potatoes. I have only been playing the game for a few months, so I can hardly expect to win every game, but this game is not easy.

    Those were just random numbers, thrown in because it always looks like Killers are complaining after a lost game, even if they won all the games before and afterwards.

    I only have one batch of stats:

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    So, those are my stats for 30 games without Bloodlust. I played mostly M1-Killers and most of the time with the goal to farm BPs. I have used the same Build on each Killer all the time (including Add Ons, except for Trapper, where I did not use a yellow Bag for the last game but a brown Bag).

    All games were on Rank 1/2 (last game was a Depip, so I am at Rank 2 with 4 Pips currently) against mostly Red Ranks.

    Stats are written like that:

    KIller - Map - Kill Count - Hook Count - Comments (if any)... When I did not get a 4K, they got all Gens done and escaped via the Gate (if not written otherwise)

    Also wrote down the Builds at the end.

    On average, I got 2,8 Kills per game and 8,9 Hooks per game. And I will most likely not do any more Killer games, since I will play Survivor for the rest of the day and I will not have time tomorrow before the Experiment ends.

    Game 1: Legion - Badham - 2 Kills - 8 Hooks

    Game 2: Pig - Badham - 4 Kills - 12 Hooks

    Game 3: Trapper - Sanctum - 2 Kills - 9 Hooks

    Game 4: Wraith - Resting Place - 4 Kills - 12 Hooks

    Game 5: Hag - Abattoir - 4 Kills - 9 Hooks

    Game 6: Doctor - The Game - 4 Kills - 11 Hooks - Map Offering by Survivor

    Game 7: Wraith - Wretched Shop - 4 Kills - 10 Hooks

    Game 8: Doctor - Wretched Shop - 4 Kills - 12 Hooks

    Game 9: Legion - Hawkins - 4 Kills - 10 Hooks

    Game 10: Pig - Torment Creek - 3 Kills - 10 Hooks

    Game 11: Pig - Wreckers Yard - 2 Kills - 9 Hooks - Key Escape, I would have gotten at least a 3K, but one of them found a Key with 1 Gen left

    Game 12: Pig - Badham - 1 Kill - 7 Hooks

    Game 13: Pig - Rotten Fields - 3 Kills - 5 Hooks - First person suicides on 1st Hook, two others suicide on second Hook, last Survivor escapes via Hatch without being hooked

    Game 14: Pig - Shelter Woods - 3 Kills - 7 Hooks - First person dies because of the Trap after the 1st Hook, second person suicides on second Hook, farmed with the remaining two, one of them got Hatch would have probably been a 4K with 4 Gens left

    Game 15: Trapper - Shelter Woods - 1 Kill - 5 Hooks

    Game 16: Trapper - Badham - 3 Kills - 9 Hooks

    Game 17: Wraith - Fractured Cowshed - 0 Kills - 4 Hooks

    Game 18: Wraith - Ironworks - 1 Kill - 7 Hooks

    Game 19: Clown - Pale Rose - 4 Kills - 8 Hooks

    Game 20: Wraith - Temple - 4 Kills - 12 Hooks

    Game 21: Trapper - Disturbed Ward - 3 Kills - 6 Hooks - Hatch Escape, two people got to second Stage, third Survivor who died killed himself on 1st Hook to give Hatch, Map Offering by a Survivor

    Game 22: Doctor - Fractured Cowshed - 0 Kills - 5 Hooks

    Game 23: Myers - Thompsons House - 4 Kills - 10 Hooks

    Game 24: Hag - Suffocation Pit - 3 Kills - 10 Hooks - Hatch Escape

    Game 25: Pig - Badham - 3 Kills - 11 Hooks

    Game 26: Trapper - Thompsons House - 4 Kills - 8 Hooks - Map Offering by a Survivor

    Game 27: Wraith - Torment Creek - 4 Kills - 12 Hooks - 3 man SWF (Rank 5, 6, 7) and Solo (Rank 10)

    Game 28: Doctor - Wretched Shop - 3 Kills - 11 Hooks - Hatch Escape

    Game 29: Pig - Chapel - 3 Kills - 10 Hooks - Hatch Escape

    Game 30: Trapper - Family Residence - 0 Kills - 7 Hooks - two 2 man SWFs, one of them with Object

    Builds I used:

    Trapper: BBQ, Corrupt Intervention, STBFL, Enduring - yellow Bag (except for the last game, there I used a brown Bag) and yellow Setting Speed

    Wraith: BBQ, Corrupt Intervention, Enduring, Sloppy Butcher - yellow Windstorm and yellow Swift Hunt

    Myers: Corrupt Intervention, Enduring, M&A, Infectious Fright - Hair Bow and yellow Stalk Increase

    Hag: BBQ, Corrupt Intervention, STBFL, M&A - yellow Distance and yellow Setting Speed

    Doctor: BBQ, Corrupt Intervention, STBFL, Brutal Strength - yellow Range and yellow Detonation Delay

    Clown: Whispers, Corrupt Intervention, STBFL, Brutal Strength - Flask of Bleach and Ether 10%

    Legion: BBQ, Enduring, Corrupt Intervention, Thanatophobia - yellow Power Refill and brown Duration

    Pig: BBQ, Enduring, Whispers, M&A - no Add Ons

    Overall, I would say that I did not notice much of a difference. I have to say, Cowshed was pretty painful, but it is an awful Map in general and I played pretty poorly. I am also not good at Killer, so I guess another player would have achieved more (on Cowshed and overall). The Ayslum Main Building is even more horrible, sadly my Traps got disarmed there immediatly, but luckily only 1 Survivor (the guy who burned the Offering) ran to it every time, otherwise the game would have been way worse.

    Sometimes I clearly did not get a Hit I would have gotten normaly, e.g. at Shack when the Survivor vaults the Window from Outside (medium vault), with Bloodlust I would have been close enough to get a Hit, I would assume.

    I dont have any stats for my normal games, but from the feeling, it did not feel that different. However, I did not get to that many problematic Maps, I did not end up on Haddonfield or Ormond once, but those Maps are terrible even with Bloodlust.

    I would say the worst Map was Fractured Cowshed, while I played badly, it was also painful to see the linked Structures which always forced the Pallet Break. In one of the Wraith Games I wasted so much time that in the end the one Survivor I was chasing simply was able to drop the Pallets without Looping.

    But I am happy that I ended up on Badham a lot, since I think that those Maps have fair Loops outside of the Buildings, because both Killer and Survivor have a chance to outplay each other without having to insta-break the Pallet because it is safe or gain a Speedboost after 15 seconds in a Chase.

    So yeah, I am happy that BHVR is testing something like that. After all, it is only a Test and Bloodlust will return on Monday, however, I hope that they get Data and that they see if they are on the right track regarding Map Balance. Some Maps 100% still need work, but I think that quite a bunch of Maps are fine already without Bloodlust.

    This was from the Bloodlust-experiment, I got 2,8 Kills per game and 8,9 Hooks per game, I usually prefer to go for Hooks instead of Kills (I rather get a 0K, 8 Hook-game than a 4K with 5 Hooks) and I dont slug for the 4K, unless the last person is nearby or someone I want to have dead.

    You see that there are some decent games, but also complete destruction where I only got like 4 Hooks in total. And thats totally fine by me.

    However, I have indeed many hours in this game (5,4k, to be precise, more on Survivor tho), so I think I know what I am talking about. But the raw number of hours is not really that impactful, it is completely individual how much skill you get. I have seen players who had only a few hundred hours who were way better than me. And meanwhile, in another Onlinegame I play, I have an even higher number of hours and am still "below average", according to the stats. Hours can be a factor, but dont mean that much.

    But, like I said, I wont change my opinion, as long as I can hold Rank 1 consistently while still being a Survivor Main who does A LOT of errors as Killer, I cannot really see the game as being difficult for Killer.

    (I also dont think that I will response again in this thread, this is a discussion that came up quite often already and it has nothing to do with Map Offerings and even on that topic, I have said everything I wanted)

  • As much as I enjoy being able to choose my map, for the sake of balance it is probably best that map offerings are not allowed. That is, until BHVR finally balances every map so they do not heavily favor one side or the other. (Which will never happen because maps are dependent on RNG).

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1904950#Comment_1904950

    Those were just random numbers, thrown in because it always looks like Killers are complaining after a lost game, even if they won all the games before and afterwards.

    I only have one batch of stats:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/207979/my-stats-for-30-games-without-bloodlust

    This was from the Bloodlust-experiment, I got 2,8 Kills per game and 8,9 Hooks per game, I usually prefer to go for Hooks instead of Kills (I rather get a 0K, 8 Hook-game than a 4K with 5 Hooks) and I dont slug for the 4K, unless the last person is nearby or someone I want to have dead.

    You see that there are some decent games, but also complete destruction where I only got like 4 Hooks in total. And thats totally fine by me.

    However, I have indeed many hours in this game (5,4k, to be precise, more on Survivor tho), so I think I know what I am talking about. But the raw number of hours is not really that impactful, it is completely individual how much skill you get. I have seen players who had only a few hundred hours who were way better than me. And meanwhile, in another Onlinegame I play, I have an even higher number of hours and am still "below average", according to the stats. Hours can be a factor, but dont mean that much.

    But, like I said, I wont change my opinion, as long as I can hold Rank 1 consistently while still being a Survivor Main who does A LOT of errors as Killer, I cannot really see the game as being difficult for Killer.

    (I also dont think that I will response again in this thread, this is a discussion that came up quite often already and it has nothing to do with Map Offerings and even on that topic, I have said everything I wanted)

    lmao, someone with almost five and a half thousand hours on something can't say it is easy when they go and do well at it

  • This might be an unpopular opinion, but I would like for map offerings to be completely removed honestly.

    Didn't the devs say one of the reasons for not including a new realm for some killers, such as Clown, was to not add more clutter to the bloodweb? I could be wrong, but I could have sworn I heard something along those lines.

  • @GingerBeard said:

    This might be an unpopular opinion, but I would like for map offerings to be completely removed honestly.

    Didn't the devs say one of the reasons for not including a new realm for some killers, such as Clown, was to not add more clutter to the bloodweb? I could be wrong, but I could have sworn I heard something along those lines.

    I'd be fine with that too. Having it enable/disable on SWF might make the UI needlessly awkward, and I rarely see Killers run them anyway, so just removing them entirely would be fair to everyone.

  • @JPA said:

    I'm kind of getting tired of playing teams who, beyond the obvious advantage of being in comms, also request one of the most OP maps in the game.

    I mean, is victory even enjoyable when there's that many variables stacked in your favor? (Obviously they'll also be running at least 2 DS/UB, usually a key and maybe an OoO too if you're lucky. But let's try and limit the discussion to just map offerings for now).

    Kinda sick of playing Ormond or Haddonfield.

    Just DC during game load if they play a map offering

  • I'd rather not incur a matchmaking penalty though.

    If the team isn't obviously a SWF and I don't hate the map too much I'll probably just play the game.

    If it's an obvious SWF though and it's something like Haddonfield or Ormond, I sometimes just stand in a corner by the exit gate and wait. It's a depip anyway so might as well let them enjoy holding M1 on their favourite map, no point me getting stressed.

1 2 ›