Who is stronger billy or oni?
Both of them feel really bad and RNG for me.
A lot of the one shots don't land despite me playing it perfectly. Is this lag? Have their one shot mechanics been nerfed to dirt?
I do better on trapper/wraith/legion/plague/demo because their abilities (yes even trapper) do not feel as luck dependent.
Comments
You just need to practice. You don’t just pick them up the moment you start playing them and instantly do well with them. I play Billy regularly and he’s still a strong killer as much as people wanna say the nerf killed him.
But to answer your question, I’ll say Oni is stronger because his snowball potential is like none other.
well billy has a lot of trouble even if you are on top of the player because he will jerk automatically one way or the other if they are "juking"
oni has a lot of trouble doing anything in loops because of the wind up time.
also oni's ability takes too much time to activate in my opinion and the delay it takes to come out of a sprint and turn is too long too.
I heard oni used to have a larger hitbox on his demon form weapon and could actually turn up to 180 degrees with a flick. now it is crap by comparison.
As a Billy main I'd say go for Billy mostly on the fact you'll always be able to zoom and instadown minus the odd chance you overheat. But if you want an upgrade in some aspects after a while go for Oni.
It’s close, but I’d say Oni. His power is absurd, and since Billy’s rework Oni’s add ons are far stronger. Scapled Topknot is a top 5 add on in the game, it makes Oni easy top 3 killer.
That being said, outside of his power, Oni is just a 115 M1 killer, Billy always has access to his chainsaw. If we were talking old Insta saw or crack Billy, I’d give it to Billy, but right now I’d say Oni is overall more powerful, both are very good killers though.
Also if either killer’s power feels like rng, you’re just playing them wrong. Outside of ghost saws I’ve never had things feel out of my control with their power.
Billy 100%, oni is meh and is waaaay too reliant on survivor mistakes. Against good people you're gonna be an M1 killer most of the time unless they give you free hits.
Oni in my opinion is 100% stronger than Billy will ever be.
When using Billy's power, you have to rely on either turning add-ons or just hope a survivor doesn't know what LOS is/they're in a deadzone. When using Oni's power, you can turn as you'd like and transverse the map without worrying about bumping into stuff (like Billy does). Not to mention, you can track survivors down as Oni when they're injured because of blood orbs, compared to Billy that doesn't have anything similar in his kit.
It may take a bit to get Oni's power, but all you need is about 2 hits which isn't hard at all. Put Infectious Fright on your build & snowball away.
I honestly don't think they're much different in strength, bar a few exceptions. First, while neither of them are easy killers to play, Oni requires more tactical skill (managing blood and all that), wheras Billy requires more actual skill. Also, now that Billy's add-ons have been nerfed, Oni gets the "free win" badge with the Scalped Top Knot, which is just absolutely bonkers. And also Billy now has the overheat mechanic which is just plain unfun and makes it super hard and annoying to manage chases by essentially lowering the bar to be good against him.
But, both are very strong killers, so it's pretty much just up to preference.
Obviously, their mobility is really good.
My issue is, on any loop their power feels somewhat useless compared to other killers.
The good survivors I run into and have trouble with on my top performing killers are a joke to chase on Oni or Billy when they are near any loop which is almost 100% of the time unless they are saving each other.
Oni's ability to track is nice I guess, but I have an easy time finding any injured survivor normally honestly. It is the ones that are not injured that are near impossible to find if they play stealthy.
I just don't understand the advantages they bring outside of mobility. Yes, they can 1 shot, but only in situations when survivors are caught with their pants down (in the open or saving) which would be almost as beneficial for any m1 killer with STBFL
Oni is stronger in every way his ability to create pressure is insane strong and the flick.
Billy is just eh.
I can't speak for Billy because I don't really like his kit, but Oni is good at creating pressure. His Blood Fury isn't only about instadowns, and his power actually encourages survivors to waste their time and heal rather than sticking to gens 24/7. A lot of killers don't do this aside from Legion.
I will say he is definitely an M1 killer in chase, no doubt about it.
Both are pretty good overall i would say Oni is stronger but Billy is was stronger in 1st min on the game (which is probably most important in match)
Sometimes when game goes bad getting power on Oni might be hard (spawning far away from survs, or one surv you met is in super strong set up) and then as billy its easier to start 1st chase faster and to eventually drop chase and look asap for another surv.
And do finish it off, Onis add ons are way way better than Billys without add ons they are quite even, but with add ons Oni is for sure better
Oni 1 shot is pretty ridiculous
Lot's of hits you shouldn't be able to make just hit, because hit boxes, compared to Billy who was nerfed multiple times because of his hit boxes, but we let Oni's stay because he "has to earn the 1 shot ability". Even though if you are worth a damn, injured survivors basically give you a free Deer Stalker/Blood Hound of sorts.
Oni is by far stronger, it's not even close really. Some people in here are saying how it's close between the two but it really isn't. Billy's insta down will almost never work on a good player where as Oni's power can easily catch a good survivor even at powerful tiles. Oni's downside is he doesn't get his power often, but it's so strong that it easily passes every other killer power in the game. Both are hard to play, I would say Oni more than Billy, but if you are going for just raw power and maximum win rate I would say Oni all the way.
Oni's quite a bit stronger imo. The one thing that made Billy stronger than Oni were his add-ons, and since he doesn't have those anymore Oni's power is definitely much better. The "but you're just an M1 killer at the start of the game" argument isn't even relevant when 95% of survivors don't loop well and if you're good at killer anyway you're gonna get hits relatively early on, especially if you have monitor.