What's the most niche perk you've been flamed for using?

I've been told that trail of torment is a disgusting crutch for baby killers

Comments

  • @Moisette said:

    I use Self-Care all the time and constantly hear people say it's a bad perk and not to use it and I must suck at the game. I play solo and often never have a teammate try to heal me and when I need a medkit, all I can find are toolboxes and flashlights. If I take a medkit in, I end up using it on a teammate because I'm way too considerate to others. It saves me like 95% of the time.


    The problem with Self-Care is that in a meta that runs a lot of Sloppy Butcher that sucker is like a 42 second healing timer. That is FOREVER. That's like half a generator completion, for ONE health state. It's just too time-consuming, in a game where time is a resource.

  • @6yXJI0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1892621#Comment_1892621

    I don't mind spine chill, but i think that this perk is a real crutch perk.

    Most players that like spine chill, can't play without it.

    Maybe my only beef with the perk is that it pops up for undetectable killers kind of defeats the point. It's called undetectable for a reason! Anyhow been using blood favor recently and if it stays up can really cause some Ruckus especially in the killer shack it's so hilarious to watch a survivor get hit and then run to the pallet in the shack and get hit at the pallet because they can't drop it. Apparently the video is being sent to the devs because I'm a hacker another person in that same Lobby I said good game but who uses blood favor LOL me today apparently worked on you.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1892748#Comment_1892748

    The problem with Self-Care is that in a meta that runs a lot of Sloppy Butcher that sucker is like a 42 second healing timer. That is FOREVER. That's like half a generator completion, for ONE health state. It's just too time-consuming, in a game where time is a resource.

    to be fair, it's just as fast as another survivor hand healing, when you consider that takes 2 survivors off gens. Slightly faster if they'd go to the same gen.

  • @Endorb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1892801#Comment_1892801

    to be fair, it's just as fast as another survivor hand healing, when you consider that takes 2 survivors off gens. Slightly faster if they'd go to the same gen.

    True, but THAT doesn't cost a perk slot and isn't something you could do alone. So you get half the team fully healed for NO perk slots.

  • About a half a year ago I was using a no scratch mark build, (Lightweight, Dance with Me, Lithe, and Poised) and managed to escape a killer 4 times during the match. He sent me hate mail for using Lightweight AND Poised calling me a coward for using these "OP" perks and accused me of not doing anything but hide all match when I repaired 3 gens/rescued 3 survivors.

    I had a pretty good laugh about it.

  • @TAG said:

    Not sure if this counts, but I was accused of cheating at least once because they didn't understand how Mad Grit functioned.

    I still get that same accusation with Dark Devotion

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Bloodhound (and Murmur) because apparently using perks that let you find survivors is hacking...

    Just got out of a game where I was using a "hacked" version of lightborn. Not sure how, I just know I'll never have sex now...

    ... not sure how any of that is connected.

  • I play on switch so no post-game chat but I’m pretty sure I was getting tunneled because I was running Prove Thyself.

    While I can understand why, I didn’t think killers found it so threatening. Sure I didn’t get value out of it but the killers (yes multiple) tunneled me for 5 gens so they lost anyway.

1 2 ›