What is chase music was turned off for a weekend?
I'm just suggesting this from the survey. There were questions regarding the ambiance and horror of dbd. I feel like it would contribute more to that if there was no loud chase music
I'm just suggesting this from the survey. There were questions regarding the ambiance and horror of dbd. I feel like it would contribute more to that if there was no loud chase music
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If they did turn off chase music you would get extremely bored of chasing survivors, and being chased. Like it would turn very monotonous, the music is an important part of what makes the chases in DbD enjoyable, and if it's a killer like Deathslinger that's the only thing that makes it enjoyable.
Iirc they said it's turned on to throw off killers, give the survivors a chance to escape during a chase if a killer can't hear you that well. Most-likely chases would just end faster.
Most other games have settings to switch off the music or decrease the volume. This game needs it too - why? because the music sounds sooo annoying whether you play killer or suvivor.
at the very least it would be nice to be able to turn it down instead of it being gone
Kill rate would go up. The only reason killers lose survivors is because the chase music is so damn loud.
I do agree that the music is wayyy too loud and the option to at least reduce the volume slightly would be nice. I don't think I'd want it to be completely muted though.
Survivor queues would become instantaneous