I Need Some Insight

I need some help figuring out this situation.

I just got done with a match against the Twins. Near the beginning, one of my teammates got hooked in basement. Once the player releases Victor, I try to go for the save.

Only, I literally couldn’t. The Killer blocked the doorway until Victor got down. This cycle continues until teammate dies.

If this topic has been made before, I sincerely apologize. But, my question is: Is this mechanic intended? Is it allowed?

Maybe I’m just used to having a slim chance of saving people from basement, against basement Bubba.

But, not being able to save them at all for a certain amount of time? That’s on a completely different plane.

Any answers would be extremely helpful. Also, if anyone knows how to counter this, advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

  • Its yet another unintended side effect of The Twins' power that has yet to be rectified. I think you may be able to get past Charlotte by ramming her like a rhinoceros, which is supposed to cause a killers hitbox to shrink enough that you can run past them, but I don't think it works on her when she's idle.

  • were was the basement

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Its yet another unintended side effect of The Twins' power that has yet to be rectified. I think you may be able to get past Charlotte by ramming her like a rhinoceros, which is supposed to cause a killers hitbox to shrink enough that you can run past them, but I don't think it works on her when she's idle.

    @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/220612/i-need-some-insight

    Yeah she blocks the way into basement. The only hope is to either run DS to stop her ( you can miss it if needed for other killers/ they played nice) or have the saviour run bt, get hit once, save them and let them take a hit with BT. There's not much else. This is why if I'm going to get caught I run from the basement, even if it gets me caught quicker because basement means it's basically death / definite second phase first hook.

    Thank you both for the advice. 🙏 If it happens again, I’ll try these methods.

  • @horrortale_sans said:

    were was the basement

    The match occurred in Azarov, the map had that little cabin as the main building. Basement was there.

  • @NoelleMina said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1883744#Comment_1883744

    The match occurred in Azarov, the map had that little cabin as the main building. Basement was there.

    oh

  • Physical blocking is innate to a Killer.

    In the case of Twins, Charlotte remains motionless (and blocking) while Victor is active, and vice-versa.

    Its not unintended.

  • @Rhoska said:

    Physical blocking is innate to a Killer.

    In the case of Twins, Charlotte remains motionless (and blocking) while Victor is active, and vice-versa.

    Its not unintended.

    As long as it doesn’t break the rules, I agree with your first statement in a way.

    However, there’s a chance (although slim) to take a risk and save your teammates from basement Hags, Bubbas, Trappers, what have you.

    When someone literally and physically can’t go for a save at all, (until Victor gets down, but who knows how long that’ll take) that’s where I scratch my head.

    In that case, I don’t think this is intended. But who knows

  • @NoelleMina said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1884028#Comment_1884028

    As long as it doesn’t break the rules, I agree with your first statement in a way.

    However, there’s a chance (although slim) to take a risk and save your teammates from basement Hags, Bubbas, Trappers, what have you.

    When someone literally and physically can’t go for a save at all, (until Victor gets down, but who knows how long that’ll take) that’s where I scratch my head.

    In that case, I don’t think this is intended. But who knows

    Thats what Twins is though, intrinsically.

    A Killer that has two physical presences, but only one of which is "active" at any given time.

  • @Rhoska said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1884072#Comment_1884072

    Thats what Twins is though, intrinsically.

    A Killer that has two physical presences, but only one of which is "active" at any given time.

    I understand that.

    It’s just this mechanic that gets me, sorry if I sound like a broken record right now. 😓 If you’re right and it’s intended, then it is what it is I guess. I’d just treat camping like any other: Rush gens.