Pauses between rifts
Since Ask the Community part of the forum doesn't really allow for discussions, I thought I'd drag my butt here and repost my original question in case there's a conversation to be had with the topic. Below is the original post, because I can't reword things to save my life, apparently.
"Is there a reason why there's a pause between rifts?
Was wondering this with a few friends. Of course our reasonings for this are selfish, since unfortunately the rift pause tends to land just as we would have more time to put into playing and progressing in DBD, but still.
I understand taking out and putting in a new rift must take some time at least, but would being able to progress in the old rift until the new one starts be a problem?"
Comments
I kinda wondered the same thing. My guess is, something something exclusivity blah blah profit margins blah, but I'm open to other ideas.
They do the next rift during the pause thats why there's a month pause in between rifts
Not sure, but if I had to guess it'd be to do with trying to avoid exhausting players with rift after rift after rift without any breaks in-between. I'm sure many players would lose motivation to complete them if so. They already take up a silly amount of time as they are.
New Archives and Rifts are released with Midchapter-Patches. If I have to guess, I would say that the reason to not release them once another Rift is done is to avoid having more Patches than currently. A Patch always has the risk to break something which needs fixing, it also gets more complicated if you roll out Patches on multiple platforms.
(The only other game I play with a Battlepass also has a break between those)
Imo, the rifts are way too fast, 3 weeks after a rift closes there is already another one. I completely burned out to even go for tier 70 after rift 4. Now I don't even bother with it anymore.
I guess is to give a break to people who grinded during the last week of the rift so they dont burn out.
Ah, that does make sense. It really sucks that the rifts are so grindy, that's why I figured the month between rifts would be good time to put into the previous rift to make it last longer in total. But a pause to not overwhelm people is a good point, especially since I'm sure there's many who want to finish the whole thing.
I guess the whole rift system could benefit from a revisit from the devs.