Petition to Prevent Late Second Item Switching for Survivors

Late second switching is a dick move, survivors (especially SWF in red ranks) switch items last seconds before match starts to get the upper hand (bringing keys or map) or just straight up bully the killer (4-man flashlight).

What I want is for killer to have a window of seconds to change their perks/addons to at least counter survivors (perks like franklin's/agitation/infectious fright = counter flashlight plays, hex: retribution/ or just not bringing totems = counter maps etc.)

Maybe DBD should lock survivors item and perks at the 15 second countdown, which gives the killer 10 seconds to change the perks they want or just dodge the lobby or whatever.

#StopBullyingKillers

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @SocialDistomancy said:

    https://cogconnected.com/2021/01/gun-media-reportedly-working-new-game-horror-legend/

    tot he dude directly above, 200 perks with only about a dozen at the most on both sides really being worth using. so the rest don't count when they are too situational or practically a waste of the slot they're in. I'm done biting these hooks so I'm ignoring this thread from now on since I already know I'm right and don't need to argue over it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1874263#Comment_1874263

    Well technically Gun Media were the publishers of F13th the actual developers were illfonic.

  • Never realy paid attention to what survivors brought into the match.

  • ye this is such a bs move i either go semi afk just run in circles also us killers cant change killers so its unfair tbh since if you know they are going to bring 4 keys u can just use frankins and camp the keys

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1874399#Comment_1874399

    Can't blame you. This game can be infuriating sometimes. I'm definitely guilty of making at least 1 or 2 threads out of anger after a tilting game after I first signed up.

    Over time you'll learn to not take it so seriously. I began to look at it this way.

    When I play a match, its not like I've "bought in" like I'm playing a card table game or anything. So why get angry if I get outplayed? I'm not losing anything but a short amount of time and its not going to go on record anywhere. At the most I've lost an item that I can regain from just playing. Now I just try to take it easy when I play.

    Thanks for the advice. I will keep tabs on my tilting issues. Playing killer gives me more stress than playing survivor, dealing with cocky survivors which t-bags a lot and "clicky" their flashlight hits differently on my nerve, getting good and outplaying them is another option I guess.

  • This content has been removed.
  • 15 sec max for items, easy solved, no idea why they don't do it. Lazy as EA.

  • That's a thing I would appreciate. Within the last days, I learned to love lightborn - didn't level Hillbilly earlier, so I could use it on my Hag.

    Would love to know if I can switch it to something else. Otherwise I will always use it as a precaution, even if it's not needed. Because, sometimes you get this:

    lb.jpg

    Damn, that was a fun match I can say! That Perk is just a relief in a case like that. But feels like a waste, if there is no clicky clicky involved.

    Btw I would love to be able to switch killer in Lobbies, too. Sometimes I want to face different itemcombos with different Killers. I often feel "aww damn why didn't I pick the other killer.."

1 2 ›