So is that "Early game mechanic" still being worked on?
Awhile back the devs talked about how the early game is the roughest part for killers and we still havent heard a single thing about it or any hints towards being soon. Undying use to somewhat encourage people to do totems because of the combo ruin+undying but with that being nerfed for weaker players and those not wanting to run perks to counter the two this early game thing needs to be readdressed. Yes i know corrupt is a thing but should every killer be forced this perk? its not like we left undying and forced survivors to use perks to counter it... but anyway, any leaks or updates on this early game mechanic in the works?
Comments
We don't know. Last QnA I submitted a question about it, a question that received the 2nd most amount of upvotes I believe, and they completely ignored it. So, I'm assuming it's nowhere near ready, or it's been scrapped.
Probably scrapped then, seems to be quite a common issue with the dev`s recently. They seem to say theyre looking into adding a bunch of stuff that would actually improve game health and never add it. For example and Estimated queue time would be legendary to know if its possible to play at off peak times. but shame was looking forward to this change.
But hey atleast we get a change in the HUD UI without asking for it, right?
I'm hoping not, but... I also wouldn't be surprised. These last few patches have... Really killed my faith in the decisions they devs make. Hopefully we'll be proven wrong, but I doubt it.
It's down in the priority list. Your concern gets automatically put on top if you're a survivor though.
Well yano the UI steam is going to work on UI whilst the other teams work on the balance and gameplay changes we all crave.
Also let's see how the new UI feels when playing rather than hating on a static image.
Damn seems like written low-key sarcasm is still not my forte.
Fyi I don't care for most changes bhvr does since I play this game rarely and when in a casual fashion. But hey atleast I can still have an opinion.
It simply gets tiresome to either read "they are just a small company, so they can't fix everything" or "that's a different department". They have something around 600 people, if that's not enough hire more or relocate resources and funds. It just feels like they don't have their priorities straight sometimes. Don't add new features when the old are "broken"/bugged more stuff will only make it more complicated. But hey they need new shinies to get new players, instead of keeping the old, it seems.
When they refuse to answer questions about it, it is either scrapped or they have no clue what to do.
DS/Unbreakable, Early Game mechanic, Console optimization, etc.
So I work as a software developer, not at a video games company, but I still know the pain of delivering complex software.
In a nutshell, it's damn hard!
Even if the lack of resourcing excuse annoys you, unfortunately it is legit. It doesn't matter how many people or teams work on a codebase either. If the code is not in a great state and has lots of technical debt, more changes and more teams can just complicate things.
Hire more is also not a short term solution, new developers can take a long time to get familiar with a project, and also take up the senior developer time as they need guidance and review.
The fact is, fixing bugs and adding features both need to be done, and they also both complicate each other. Bugs which have been there for longer than a year are likely embedded into the game and its systems so much that they are not going anywhere without a complete rewrite. That would probably take in the region of years and would take up all the capacity.
Ain't happening, unfortunately.