Perk Changes | Furtive Chase
You become Obsessed with one Survivor.
When your Obsession is sacrificed or killed gain a token and a new Obsession is chosen. For each token your Terror Radius is decreased by 6 meters.
When a Survivor rescues the Obsession from a hook, the rescuer becomes the Obsession.
What do you think?
Comments
I think this is a good idea, b u t, 6 metres is a bit insane, on some killers they'd lose any terror radius they had on 1 or 2 sacrifices/deaths, not even including tr reducing addons or perks!
I think, maybe 1/2/3 (perk level dependent) metres, for a maximum of 9 metres (at max level) with one survivor left
This still completely negates tr until you're basically on top of them, but it's not undetectable with a red stain on top
I feel like it's still weak. It's too reliant on having Nemesis to be good. Also 6 metres is an awkward number lol I'd say 8 metres would be better.
I had a perk idea a few years ago before furtive chase was added and I feel like it would be a good fix.
Hex: Furtive Chase.
Every hook gives you a stack. A stack decreases your terror radius by 4 metres. You can have a max of 6/7/8 stacks.
Makes this perk super scary if you can get multiple hooks early.
I hope you mean hooked because otherwise, the perk is pretty bad.
**** no. Why do you think Dying Light was changed from its old version of requiring the Obsession to die? Obvious answer: encourages camping and tunneling someone out of the match.
How does nine meters negate the Tr? That's literally just M&A.
On a killer like death slinger, a 6 metre cut off could completely eliminate his terror radius fast asf
That's why I suggested 9 metres as a better alternative, because it cant completely negate a tr on it's own that way, please read my comment before replying...
I did?
For a perk that would require three kills to get, a nine meter reduction to your Tr does absolutely nothing, hell I'd say that's worse than how furtive chase is now. Like it's literally just worse M&A. A six meter reduction to your Tr is not insane in the slightest, for how much work you'd have to put in to get three tokens, an 18 meter reduction is completely fair. This change is good, but even with the numbers that OP suggested, the perk still seems weak to me.
I'm aware of that, and that's why it still changes the obsession when they are unhooked.
Even more reason to not let the hooked Obsession off the hook. If you want the benefit of the perk as early as possible.
Do you really think a killer would face camp for two hook stages just to get a six meter reduction to their Tr? That's literally throwing the game.
I got a way to fix this, when hooking your Obsession that is not on death hook will change your Obsession, now you cannot camp or tunnel the Obsession.
But it makes a massive difference
M&A exclusively revolves around the fluctuation of terror radius
While in this suggested form it becomes a support perk to things like PWYF and STBFL (more so than PWYF), and possibly even dying light at end game! It creates anti tunneling and eventually becomes a perk than negates a large amount of terror radius
9 metres is still a massive distance for gaining on a survivor in a chase, it can make all the difference between escape or not!
Idk why you keep changing my suggested values
9 metres is the optimal number amount for this perk
Like I said, please read it properly
I am seriously failing to understand how a 9 meter reduction to your Tr at end game does literally anything. Your version of OP's perk fails to accomplish literally anything better than M&A.
It doesn't need to be better than M&A to be good at its job.
I'm sure you just want every perk to be amazing so you can have great synergy and destroy, but some things need separate preparation and have to be niche/synergies with other things.
Idk what you have to gain by telling me I'm wrong, but if there is anything, you aren't getting it
9 metres is massive, and permanent with 1 survivor left, combining this with the obsession mechanic makes it a powerful perk in conjunction with others like STBFL and PWYF
Anyway, I wont be dignifying you with a further reply you're just making me repeat myself
How much of an entitled survivor are you that you think a 9 meter reduction to the Tr, with one survivor left, is meant to be good perk. That's literally worse than how the perk is now. How can manage to downgrade furtive chase?
It doesn't even synergize with any of the perks you mentioned. To get tokens for your version of Furtive Chase, you need to kill the obsession. Play With Your Food, Dying Light, and Save The Best For Last all revolve around you letting the obsession go, not hooking or killing them. Do your research.
I don't want every perk to be broken, I want them to be usable. Because right now furtive chase is garbage, and your joke of a rework of it is even worse.
9 meters is not "massive", that gives the survivors like one or maybe two extra seconds to start running, AT THREE KILLS. I'm literally losing my sanity trying to figure out a use for this.
It's clear that you have no idea what you're talking about, and I have other things to be doing as well. So this will be my last reply. (At least I'm going out with a less entitled one mister "I won't be dignifying you with a further reply."
I actually play a rather large amount of killer, and I'm saying all these things because of the change to the obsession
I'm no entitled survivor, I just don't want easy mode lmao.
Those "two or three seconds" which is more realistically 1 if you're coming from around the corner, is the difference between a pallet or an extra two metres to the exit!
I don't know how you couldn't see a positive in there, but 9 metres is a pretty thick reduction as an on the side affect for an obsession based perk!
Also, don't mister me, the only thing you've done is act like your smarter than me when you can't even spend two minutes putting logical thought into the situation...
Okay you know what? I'm sick of arguing, lets just let bygones be bygones.